Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site

Go down 
+5
Waspie
MikeO
john grinsel
dspevack
JeffR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site Empty
PostSubject: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi,

I made a post about the Givi Air Flow shield on the silverwing.org site , but I didn't give the link or this site's name or address. I was just sent an email that I'm not allowed to advertise this site, which I wasn't advertising. So know I'm being moderated and will be banned if I try to say I posted something on this site.

Like I said in an earlier topic; I don't care if members advertise other Silver Wing sites here. I'm not in competition with anyone or any site. I just wanted to tell the people there of my review because they may be in the market for a new shield and maybe they would like this type of windshield.

The post I made is still up there and doesn't include the name or address of this site at all. But if you don't see me there anymore it is because I was banned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:07 pm

If you had duplicated your post there rather than refering to this site it would not have happened. I'm not defending his attitude. Im only saying that this is where you decide what is more important:
Getting the message to all Silverwingers, regardless of the site they are on,
or deciding not to post anything there.

It irks me there is no reciprocation on his part but I've posted elsewhere as to why that is. Its pretty annoying, I know.

Dan
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Dan,

I didn't know how to post the pictures along with the post. I think I will still visit the site but not post but i'm not sure though. Since I have quite a few pictures I didn't know if I did a cut and paste if it would have worked. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Moderated   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I think it is sad. Should be able to say do anything in reason. I look at these sites to gain info on the bike I currently own...or on the next one...amd can pass on info learned the hard way.

Pls remember there is big difference between riders and computer geeks. Riders ride. I think computer types have no life.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:46 pm

John,

Even though he is going to moderate all my posts I will still recommend his site. I will also continue to post links to things I see on his site too, and I hope all of you on this site will do the same. Dan, (dspevack) on this site, was the moderator for quite some time and really built that site up and he wasn't treated too well either, IMO. He spent a lot of time making that site what it is today. Thanks, Dan.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:06 pm

In my experience over the last several years, most as moderator on a couple of sites, I understand and sympathize with anyone running a forum.
It takes only one less-desirable member to cause problem and upsets which result in the aforesaid mods having to clamp down, to the detriment of the vast majority of nice people.

The X9OC has had its fair share in the past and I was 'bitched off' the other Swing forum by just two nasty people - absolutely not the fault of admins or mods there although partly my own.

I'm a member again now and silently support the good stuff that goes on there.

It's just not like that here, thank goodness!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:20 am

It's a strange old world as they say.

I upset the owner of a West Highland Terrier site and was banned for simply having an opinion that the owner disagreed with.

In the end you have to laugh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:02 pm

OK..I'm not going there anymore!

A new Silverwing member owner on the .org site was talking about how his new scooter was vibrating and making a Buzzing sounds, I offered up a cure for the access rear lamp access doors. At the start of the of my post I said that this was posted "on another Silverwing forum" and this is what I just recived form John.

"Hi Dennis, I am tired of users like your self trying to advertise other silver wing forums. If you want to use this site please stick to the rules. Any further backdoor attempts will result in users being banned. I'm sure you'll pass the message on.

John."

So John..Consider it passed on..... I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:24 pm

The bloke's paranoid - I've just read the new Rules there.
Does he really think that normal people frequent only one forum and if they find another, desert the first?

I'm grateful for the fact that the link to this forum was posted on another and I know at least two other members are here because of it.
I certainly won't leave my other main cyber-club-house just because I'm comfortable here, not least because the likelihood of riding with most of the chaps here is very low so I want to stay in contact with people I can ride with.

I'm really sorry that you've been treated in that way.
I suppose the only consolation is that many Swingers will still know where to find you and value all that you have to offer; I do, for one.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi Mike, It's sad...very,very sad that the owner of this once great Silverwing forum has come to this point. To try to keep the members in the dark about other forums, is just way to far over the edge. Poor fellow.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Yes, Dennis - very sad.

Incidentally, I've just been reading a few posts there (for a different reason) and noticed there's a link in a thread to the German Silverwing site.

That must have slipped through the net. I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:12 pm

I imagine that most folk do as I did and do a Google search(can I advertise Google or is that a no no) to find groups , thats how I wound up here and there both. I hate to tell him that this is a better site for information I don't post on the other site as after making a comment about something it went poof. Ya'll seem to put up with a rambling old geezer a lot better. I will still visit over there to find and compare ideas and differing opinions.
Craig
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:16 pm

"Ya'll seem to put up with a rambling old geezer a lot better".

Had to take a quick shufty at your details - yes, you are older than me - just! I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:19 pm

MikeO wrote:
The bloke's paranoid - I've just read the new Rules there.
Does he really think that normal people frequent only one forum and if they find another, desert the first?

Actually, I'm about to, but only because the attitude there is horrible.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi,

I hope I'm not getting anyone in trouble over there, that wasn't my intention. I guess I still have my "midwest niave" side to me. I just never thought of this being competition, I do this for enjoyment only, which is why I have no problem with members posting links to any other Silver Wing site, or scooter site.

I guess he really does not like this site at all. He replied to my email to him, and I won't make that public, but he doesn't think much of people to visit sites other then his. I was taken back by what he said. Kind of strange to me, a guy from a small town in the midwest.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Rather than quit visiting the aforementioned and formerly fun Silverwing site, perhaps if we ALL went over there and simultaneously posted a barrage of references to other sites his mind would blow off the excess pressure and return to it's previous size...
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:23 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Scootist. Won't work. We'd just get banned and nothing would be accomplished.

Dan
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Scootist,

I know you were just kidding but I really don't want to start anything. Chances are I will continue to go there to see what is going on with Silver Wings. I don't want to cause anyone trouble either since I really just do this for enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:37 pm

JeffR:
Yes, I was totally speaking tongue in cheek... Like you, I like to visit all of the forums to learn as much as I can, too.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:10 pm

Are you talking about million and a half mile Johnnie?

I'm not sure he would be considered an old geezer, than on the other hand what would he be considered. I'd have to bow to all that experience but am not sure I could do it without falling face first(with my luck be a pile of) or manage to straighten back up due to spinal arthritis.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site   I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am being moderated on the www.silverwing.org site
Page 1 of 1