Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Devils Triangle - East Tennessee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Devils Triangle - East Tennessee Empty
PostSubject: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 am

One of Eastern Tennessee’s recommended routes –

July 2/3, 2010

We are planning this ride: http://tinyurl.com/DevilsTriangle7-2-3 Anyone from East Tennessee that would like to join us?

This incorporates a section of road called the Devils Triangle (DT) which is at the far reach of the ride.

At present, because we are needed at home on the 4th we plan to ride most of the DT except for the TN-62 section of the route. The DT route we will take starts in Oliver Springs NE on TN-330, then West on TN-116 (at the junction). We will ride past the now closed Brushy Mountain Prison to US-62 and then head home.

Our plan is to ride up on Friday and spend the night in Oak Ridge at the Super 8. Then ride the DT and head home on Saturday, July 3. Will it be hot? Heck yeah, it’s the DT after all.

Anyone care to join us? This would be an overnight jaunt and it is likely that traffic will be relatively heavy as this is a holiday weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 am

If it gets too hot, just get a couple of bags of ice and use them as seat cushions. Devils Triangle - East Tennessee Icon_cheers
Enjoy the ride! Farthest I will go that weekend is to the store for hot dogs and hamburger meat.

Ride safe,
Wes
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

All of our usual riding partners are keeping an eye on the thermometer and thinking of new ways to say it's hot here now and likely to be real hot those two days. Yeah, well keep moving. any takers here that would like to meet up in Oak Ridge, TN?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Nah, you guys are in for a beautiful trip. Forecast right now is for temps in the 80s and no rain.

Hope I didn't jinx ya.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Weather didn't get me, but work has dumped on me. Now will probably be working on all but Sunday. It's worth it though as the sooner we are done with this task the sooner our client gets their aircraft and the result is just nothing but good news for our troops.

Make working over Independence Day weekend worth it.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:29 pm

Dale said
"It's worth it though as the sooner we are done with this task the sooner
our client gets their aircraft and the result is just nothing but good
news for our troops.

Make working over Independence Day weekend
worth it."

Dale you are a good man.Our troops do not get of on Independence Day.God bless them,and you.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 am

A glimmer of hope - I've been cranking out documentation and may be able to leave here late on Friday, ride Saturday at a little more than a liesurely pace and work on Monday.

Roger you are so right about our troops. I celebrated my 15th anniversary of retirement from the Army yesterday. Both of our boys are currently serving and I work with many soldiers. Wonderful folks all of them.

Now looking forward again to this ride. Glad I hadn't cancelled the hotel yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 am

Dale, I'm glad you will get to do your ride. You guys ride safe and have a great time!
Looks like temps will be in low 80's and the humidity is down to a comfortable level.

Wes
Back to top Go down
Slick-Tenn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 9:59 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
One of Eastern Tennessee’s recommended routes –

July 2/3, 2010

We are planning this ride: http://tinyurl.com/DevilsTriangle7-2-3 Anyone from East Tennessee that would like to join us?

This incorporates a section of road called the Devils Triangle (DT) which is at the far reach of the ride.

At present, because we are needed at home on the 4th we plan to ride most of the DT except for the TN-62 section of the route. The DT route we will take starts in Oliver Springs NE on TN-330, then West on TN-116 (at the junction). We will ride past the now closed Brushy Mountain Prison to US-62 and then head home.

Our plan is to ride up on Friday and spend the night in Oak Ridge at the Super 8. Then ride the DT and head home on Saturday, July 3. Will it be hot? Heck yeah, it’s the DT after all.

Anyone care to join us? This would be an overnight jaunt and it is likely that traffic will be relatively heavy as this is a holiday weekend.
I live in Louisville TN (just off 129 south of Knoxville) and the DT is my very favorite local ride. I do it several times a year. It's a wonderful ride in our local mountains. Anyone who may be passing thru would truly enjoy it. Allow 2 - 3 hours to do the whole thing. I always begin in the north of Lake City at a Mexican restaurant about 2 miles north of 116. Ah, Mexican and mountains - the one-two punch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devils Triangle - East Tennessee   Devils Triangle - East Tennessee I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devils Triangle - East Tennessee
Page 1 of 1