Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Northern California Memorial Day ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Northern California Memorial Day ride Empty
PostSubject: Northern California Memorial Day ride   Northern California Memorial Day ride I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Sorry to hear the Memorial Day wknd ride was canceled. I hope that didn't stop anybody from riding. Anyway I took a different ride just the opposite direction, north. Hwy 36 is one of the best stretch of road you can ride your 2 wheels on in California. From the sign ' Curves 140 miles' all the way to Fortuna you'll be in for a treat, there is something for everyone no matter what your
riding style, mine just happens 2b..slow movin Smile. I spent the night in Red Bluff so I can get a fresh start and by 730am the next day I was on my way to Beegum rd, Hwy 36. Let the fun begin!
Every trip has its start and for Hwy 36 it has 2b the sign, 'Curves next 140 miles'. The sign gives you the
feeling like, 'this is gonna be a long ride', and it is but once you ride it and you get into your 'zone' and your
sucking in all those scenery, twisties, open space, endless road, time just seem to slip by and almost all of the
sudden it's over. Wow! I'm hungry for more, you say 2yourself. Not 2 worry, there is Hwy 299 to complete
your loop back to Redding/Red Bluff. Can you have so much fun riding in 1day? Smile
I shot some video using my keychain video camera ($6.99 eBay) it's the one with a date on the bottom right of the screen. I didn't notice my camera re-adjusted while I was riding so half the screen is the road. For a while you might think your watching a Caltrans road survey video but around 6min40sec later my Canon kicks in and saves the day. Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Northern California Memorial Day ride
Page 1 of 1