Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Admore Mini Light Bar Install

Go down 
+4
tavetti53
DennisB
MikeO
tonylumps
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Empty
PostSubject: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I just installed a Admore mini light bar, having a problem with Brake light. I Have running and turn. Has anybody installed one with this problem I think covered all the bases with the wiring But may have missed something Thanks Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Mine's on order - I'll let you know how I get on and if there are any problems.
I've got one of Dennis B's connectors so I don't foresee any difficulties with the wiring.
Have you been able to check the bar itself off the bike?
I've read the Customers' responses on the Admore site and a few have had a fault or two, all sorted very quickly, amicably and properly by Admore.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Mike you beleave I was on the phone today with David from Admore I was surprized He got back to me on a sunday I tried it on the bike a dozen times and off on a seperate battery Could not get brake with or without modulation He will be sending me another lite bar If it works then it was not me If i does not oh well Tony
PS I just ordered a connector from dennis
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

"He got back to me on a sunday"

That's what I call Service and Customer Care.

I guess with any intricate hand-made things there are errors from time to time.
I'm sure Admore will sort it out for you - I'm not worried about having ordered the bar myself.

Dennis's kit is first-class, too.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:19 am

Bar ordered on the 1st.June.
Arrived 5 minutes ago!

I'm very impressed with Admore's service and their tone when communicating with me.

Now to install it. Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 am

Mike let me know how you make out My new lite has been shipped Like i said I hope it was the lite and not me Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 am

For sure, Tony.

My biggest anxiety is getting the LH rear panel off (and back on) without damaging it - I used do that sort of thing without a thought but I've sort-of lost my nerve a bit.

I must say I'm a little confused by the wiring instructions but I shall be careful - it's to do with wiring the purple link (note 3).

We shall see!
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 am

Mike go over to our other forum silverwingforum under silver chat,ADmorelight you will find the wiring connection or when I get home from work I will send them to you Ido not know how to use this phone yet keyes are to small Tony
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 am

Mike also if the body panels are on top of the next panel pry up if under press down I use a little plastic tire tool from my bicycle When working on rear panels center panel below spoiler always comes off first I have only had my Swiing for 2 months I bought a service manual Had every panel off and on They are pretty durable Just a little patients. Tony

M
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey Guys, Removing the left cover is a snap. To make it easyer, remove the spoiler first.

Here is a pictorial on how to remove the left side cover: https://www.silverwing600.com/pictorials-how-to-perform-maintenance-f21/left-rear-cover-removal-pictorial-main-fuse-access-t1010.htm
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Admore Wiring   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Silver Wing Harness -> AdMore Wiring
Green (Ground) -> Black
Light Blue (Rt Signal) -> Green
Orange (Lt Signal) -> Yellow
Black/Brown (running lights) -> Tie Blue & Red wire together
Green/Yellow (brake lights) -> Purple
Mike Erick sent me this Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks, gents.

I'm very grateful for all the help - typical of members of this friendly club. Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 am

I'm getting in a bit of a lather about the wiring. Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_cry

The Admore instruction (Note 2) says:

For motorcycles with a single brake/tail light wire, connect both the Red and Blue wires to a 12v switched source.......using one wire-tap connector. Connect the Purple wire to the single brake/tail light wire.

I assume that this means I connect the Red and Blue wires to the single tail-light wire (Black in DennisB's connector) and that I connect the Purple wire to the single brake-light wire (Blue in DennisB's connector).

Note 3 says:

Use the included special wire tap with purple wire to connect to the brake-light wire on your bike. Connect the purple wire from the other end of the wire tap to the purple wire on the cable.

Do I need to use this bit of wire - I'm going to use a chocolate-block connector for the whole job.

Sorry to be so dim.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:50 am

Hi Mike, I might be able to help you. Can you scan the wiring instructions for the addmore lights and send them to me?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:53 am

I will, thanks, Dennis.
My PC's playing up so it may take a few mins.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:08 am

Dennis,
Can you PM me your e-mail address, please?
I'm not sure how to attach anything when using the forum e-mail system.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 am

You got it...I'll do that right now.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:15 am

E-mail sent.
I had to send it to myself first - don't ask.....so I've forwarded it to you!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:24 am

The scan looks great. Looks like you have it OK. Have you tried tryed the lights yet? If not, start the scooter up and give it a try with the color combination you have shown on the scan.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:27 am

Thanks.
I haven't tried it yet as I wanted to be sure before starting the job.

It'll have to wait until tomorrow as I have to eat before going out now but I will keep you informed.
Again, thank you Dennis - I really appreciate your help and support.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Mike did you get your Lightbar installed.I just recieved my replacement today. Mounted the lite, hooked up wires, worked perfect. Glad it was the light and not me. It was driving me crazy Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 am

Hello Tony.
Not done it yet but I did the test off the bike yesterday and will tackle it later this morning.
I had my wallet nicked last week and that's been playing on my mind somewhat so all else was out of focus but my replacement cards arrived yesterday so I'm relaxed again.

Glad your problem's resolved.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 am

Mike I know what that feels like But it will only happen once Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:20 am

Yes - it was the first time, partly my own fault - and I shall be extra-careful from now on. Fortunately my Bank was helpful and efficient so my accounts are safe.

As for the light-bar........!

Removed RL panel with ease, thanks to the instructions here.
Fitted DB's connector and checked bike lights - all working perfectly.

Connected light-bar - rear light OK, L&R indicators OK.
Pulled brake-lever - nothing except a click like a relay and then no lights at all!

I disconnected the bar and rechecked 'off the bike' - nothing.

I'm very cross and disappointed.
I'll phone Admore later but really don't know if I can be bothered with the palaver of sending it back and getting a replacement.

I am very cross and disappointed.

At least I now know how to get the panel off and, very important, my admiration for the quality of Dennis's products is confirmed yet again - the connector was a doddle to fit.

Thanks to all for the help and encouragement - it is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Finally have the lightbar installed Tony

Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Dsc00110

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a picture)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey Tony,

The Front LED Light Bar pictures look great. Your Swing looks well polished and very clean. I wish mine looked that good.

Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Lb110

Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Lb210
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Dennis That bar was a perfect fit easy install. I was worried the stock bolts would be to short, you solved that problem. Tony
Back to top Go down
tavetti53
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Congratulation on your install....I have been trying for a year now to get my Admore kit working, but I just am not very good at the wiring..it works when I test it by going directly to the battery, but when I attached the Admore wires to my Swing wires(using the wire taps given in the kit), it just don't work...oh well...I just have given up and hope that Admore can send me some plugs to fit in the holes on my top case.

Dave
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Dave when you hook up to bike nothing works If so did you check your ground, If part of the light works either Run,Brake or Turn and all connections are tight.[ after I screwed the Posi-Taps On to the Swings wires I checked each one with a test light on the other end of tap] Then it is the light. After a week of playing with it and a lot of help here on this forum I called Admore and got a replacement But if you want them to send a new light out before they recieve the defective one you will have to leave a 100.00 deposit i did it by paypal. Email David at Admore They will get you light Tony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Hello from AdMore Lighting! We apologize to anyone that has had any installation challenges with our our new mini light bar. We had some issues with our first batch of light bars (the product was just released a few months ago) but we have those issues fixed now (e.g. tonylumps). Customer service is our #1 priority but we can't help a customer if they dont contact us (Dave, we've asked you for your phone number for months so that we can walk you through the installation. We have sold your particular AdMore product for over 4 years to thousands of customers world-wide so there is no reason that your light kit shouldn't work on your s-wing. If you will give us the chance to help you, we're confident that we can get it sorted it out for you). Please note that our new mini light bar is super strong (we drove a truck over one and it kept on working!), incorporates 54 bi-color (red/yellow) high intensity LEDs with progressive (sequential) turn signals. Also included is a universal, black powder-coated bracket to allow you to securely mount the light bar just about anywhere on your s-wing (no danger of it vibrating off as with 2-sided tape). The bracket also allows you to angle the light bar so that the light output is maximized for your particular installation. Again, we're committed to top-notch customer service but you have to give us a chance to help you! Thanks very much to those of you who are so patient and supportive. We are a small company and we wouldn't be in business without supportive customers like you! Please e-mail us anytime with any questions! Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm

adml,

Thanks for the commitment to your product and your customers.

folks you'll need to look at the last post on page 2 to see adml's response. adml is the screen name of an AdMore Lighting representative. Good to have you on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Having just read Dale's last post, I'm typing this before reading adml's post.
(I often start with the latest post and go backwards Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_wink )
It was very remiss of me not to write a follow-up - I did on another forum but failed here.
When I contacted Admore, I received an e-mail by return advising me to send back the busted bar so that they could replace it.
I chose not to pay a deposit (problems setting up a Paypal account so I have to 'borrow' my partner's) to have one sent before Admore got the old one back but I'm not in a hurry (I am really!).
I have been treated properly and with feeling so, apart from the disappointment, have no complaints at all.
I did hear a rumour that there had been trouble with a sub-standard batch of controllers or whatever they're called and have also read reviews of people who have had difficulties but been helped right royally - as well as the reviews of other, very satisfied customers.
My real problem is the distance between us - and Belgian Customs.

So, I send positive Karma to Admore and will now read adml's post...........and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese get my new one here soooooooooooooooon! Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:43 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Same here on a Sunday 5 times I had to call David I felt really bad about calling so many times But in the end it turned out to be the Light Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 am

With the help of an e-mail from Admore and support from here I think I've reassured myself I'm doing the right thing:

The two Tail-light wires, Red & Blue, are both connected, using one Wire Tap, to the Tail-light wire in the Swing harness.

The Purple wire from the Bar itself is connected to the extra 6" length of Purple wire with the in-line connector on one end and little black thing in the middle, and the other, stripped end of that is connected with a Wire Tap to the Brake-light wire in the Swing harness.

Confirmation, please. Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 am

xx

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 am

Thanks, bigbird.

It's that Purple wire I'm most worried about.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:23 am

MikeO wrote:
Thanks, bigbird.

It's that Purple wire I'm most worried about.

What did David tell you to connect the purple wire to? I'd go with exactly what he told you.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:34 am

I think I've been confused by having to connect the Purple wire to the harness via the extra bit of Purple wire.
In addtion, the instructions are written thus:

"For motorcycles with a single brake/tail light wire, connect........ Connect the Purple wire to the single brake/tail light wire."

I've never been really conversant with vehicle wiring, especially that on motorcycles, although I've replaced a couple of looms on cars and so on.

I know it's logical by and large, but with modern technology, wiring isn't always straight-forward; diodes, relays and all that can confuse the non-electrician.

For all I know, the brake-light wire on a modern vehicle may be the same as used by the tail-lights and there's some gadget built in which makes them both work as they should - if you see what I mean.

As a result, someone like me can't always be sure just by looking, especially with a technical piece of kit like the light-bar.

I think it makes sense now, though. Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Mike that little piece of purple wire has a resister attached to it On the swing you can eliminate it if you want it is really not needed You should be getting your new light soon or do you have it already.Tony
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:02 pm

It's on its way, Tony - dispatched last Saturday.

If the resistor's not needed does that mean I can connect the purple wire in the main cable directly to the wiring harness?
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:18 pm

x

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Just had another re-check of the wiring colours:
the one I was using initially states that the Silverwing's Running Lights are Black/Brown but bigbird's list says Blue/Brown.

The fact that everything worked before I puled the brake-lever to try the brake lights suggests to me that my connections were correct, especially as they corresponded with the list Dennis supplied with his connector, albeit with a third set of colours - I did match them all up and labelled Dennis's wires to match the Silverwing's colours.

For example, the Silverwing Ground/Earth is Green and Dennis's is White so I attached a label to his White saying 'Green'.
I know I matched them correctly and Ed checked them as well.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey, bigbird! Thanks!

Yes, it is simple, as it should be and I understand the instructions now....I think!
It may be one of those cases where one has to know the answer in order to ask the question.
I still appreciate the company's help and patience - they have been first-class.
Incidentally, the e-mail suggests I don't connect the Purple wire until I've connected everything else AND tried them (tail lights and turn signals).
I will do that and keep my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:34 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Yes you can hook up the purple direct. When I tried my first light I took it apart so many times there was nothing left to that Resister wire. When I told David about it He said I could do without it on the Swing When you get your new light it will work on the first try. Let me know if you need some support Tony
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Here is the SWing service manual colors:

G (Green) - Frame Ground
Lb (Light Blue) - Right Rear Turn Signal
Orange (Orange) -
Left Rear Turn Signal
G/Y (Green/Yellow) - Brake lights
Bl/Br (Black/Brown) - Running Lights

DennisB,

Does your harness use the same or similar colors??

It may help to post the SWing -> DennisB harness colors.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:02 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Thank you all - your support is very reassuring and is also making me check my own actions.

bigbird's beaten me to it with Dennis's colour-code.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:12 pm

bigbird wrote:
Dennis's colors are totally different:
White ---> ground
Black ---> running lights
Yellow ---> left turn signal
Green ---> right turn signal
Blue ---> brake light

Here is a mapping of the SWing colors to DennisB harness

SWing service manual colors (left of arrow) -> DennisB harness color (right of arrow)

Frame Ground: G (Green) -> White
Right Rear Turn Signal: Lb (Light Blue) -> Green
Left Rear Turn Signal: Orange (Orange) -> Yellow
Brake lights: G/Y (Green/Yellow) -> Blue
Running Lights: Bl/Br (Black/Brown) -> Black
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admore Mini Light Bar Install   Admore - Admore Mini Light Bar Install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admore Mini Light Bar Install
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next