Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Exercise while scootering???

Go down 
+3
YammaPapa
KurtPerthWA
Jeff Rosenkranz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Exercise while scootering??? Empty
PostSubject: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:01 pm

My friend Connie, a serious cyclist, would on occasion comment that she felt somewhat guilty scootering, when we would encounter a bicycle rider. These emotions are Greek to me, a slow, casual, some might call "lumbering" cyclist. The highlight of my pedalling would be coming across a turtle, throwing down the challenge, and racing he or she......it's hard to tell with a turtle, you know........to the next.....well you get my point. Easily distracted by Mother Nature.
You know, she does have a point tho. Riding a bicycle the way Connie rides, burns 47,000 calories per minute. Riding a scooter, because of the Kingsize Snickers hidden in your right glovebox, you GAIN 600 calories. Add the hot apple pie with 2 scoops of vanilla, from Scoops at Warsaw Il,.....highly recommended......and we've just christened the last hole in the belt. I say surrender, buy a new belt.......
But......Not so fast.......a little exercise while riding you say??.....how...and what......and how many calories would it burn? If you actually take the time to answer this post, you are highly creative, but your parents always said you were the one they worried about. Jeff.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:56 pm

It's easy... get OFF the scooter and get a dirt bike. (scooters don't generally do too well on dirt). The amount of calories burnt will depend on how hard and how long you can put up with the continuous movement required to just travel a straight line, let alone negotiate tight trai............... ohhh never mind, just stay on th scooter and save the kidneys.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi Kurt. Just checked my 1995 Dennis Kirk Snowmobile catalog, and cant find any knobbies for the Silverwing. I do have a Victorias Secret catalog tho.......again distracted by Mother Nature. Jeff
Back to top Go down
YammaPapa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Jeff Rosenkranz wrote:
Hi Kurt. Just checked my 1995 Dennis Kirk Snowmobile catalog, and cant find any knobbies for the Silverwing. I do have a Victorias Secret catalog tho.......again distracted by Mother Nature. Jeff

Wow, where can I get that catalog!!!...wow, an original 1995 Dennis Kirk special!!!!!

Being from the 'Great White North', a Snowmobile suit is way more practical than a 'Mother Nature' suit. Exercise while scootering??? Icon_redface

One of my other toys is a 150 hp Yamaha Apex snowmobile, so I want, no, I NEED that catalog...

During the winters, I dream of biking, and during the summers, I dream of snowmobiling.

YammaPapa
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 am

You French accent speaking Canadians.......again you have bested our best efforts. We are lucky enough to have a little longer riding season, on two wheels, but you....... you get to continue the simulated motorcycling on your....how you say.....snowmobiles. Oh, but we have them. Every small town in the midwest is littered with them, rusting away, with snowmobile trailers converted to 4 wheeler hauling. Snow?.....No!...... It's just not fair. And......You have Shania Twain.!!!!Jeff.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am

Might waving at the Harley riders be considered an exercise (in futility). I mean it takes effort to remove your hand from the grip drop it a couple of inches then replace it. Or the leg waving method. Also if you make certain too ride the road with the most stop signs, red lights etc. and come to a full stop then you can do your leg lifts, neck stretches by looking both ways(look up and down never know when you'll run into a plane or armadillo) and so on .You can get a full work outif you put the effort into it (ride in gravel and you get to do your weight lifting when you drop the bike and have to pick it up). just use your imigination and you too can work out with the best. Trade your Swing in for a Harley and you can have the opertunity for long walks when it breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
Craig
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Oh so true   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:48 pm

crahar wrote:
Might waving at the Harley riders be considered an exercise (in futility). I mean it takes effort to remove your hand from the grip drop it a couple of inches then replace it. Or the leg waving method. Also if you make certain too ride the road with the most stop signs, red lights etc. and come to a full stop then you can do your leg lifts, neck stretches by looking both ways(look up and down never know when you'll run into a plane or armadillo) and so on .You can get a full work outif you put the effort into it (ride in gravel and you get to do your weight lifting when you drop the bike and have to pick it up). just use your imigination and you too can work out with the best. Trade your Swing in for a Harley and you can have the opertunity for long walks when it breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
Craig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Maybe Dennis needs to design some chrome Tupperware guards so that the dropping
and lifting in the gravel exercise isn't so hard on the paint. Exercise while scootering??? 186319

Wes Exercise while scootering??? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
YammaPapa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Jeff Rosenkranz wrote:
You French accent speaking Canadians........ And......You have Shania Twain.!!!!Jeff.

You can tell I'm Canadien Francais by my h'accent...n'est ce pas?...mais oui!

Shania Twain...siiiiiigh.........now where was I...?

Oh yeah... that's how I get my exercise on the old scooter. I tap my hands and feet to the beat of our Lady Shania and do the old head bobbing thing. I happily roll down the road listening and singing along to her "I feel like a woman". Exercise while scootering??? Icon_eek

Papa Yamma
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Wes. After we make Dennis B a millionaire, and an overworked madman with all of these Silverwing accessories, do you think he'll ever forgive us?, or invite us over to the lake house for a brewsky with him and Shania.
Hi Craig and Y.P. Thats the most I've laughed in a long time. Good stuff.
Y.P. Any nice lake houses with attached shop available in the Winnipeg area? Contact DennisB and Shania@Singingshopmiths.com. Jeff
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Jeff whats to laugh at those were serious post's not meant as humor. Do you actually think anyone on this group wolud poke fun at Harley's or for that matter exersize ? This being said from an x Harley rider that weighs in at around 325lbs whose biggest allergy is exersize.Exercise while scootering??? Moz-screenshot
Craig Exercise while scootering??? Icon_lol Exercise while scootering??? Moz-screenshot-1
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi Craig. I'm with you, the seriousness of your post was stingingly serious. I do not for one minute think, that anyone involved with Silverwing600.com, would lower themselves to criticize or berate any person, group, or thing. Hey, got one for ya, A Rabbi, Nun, and a cross dressing Vespa rider walk into a bar.........Jeff.
Back to top Go down
YammaPapa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Hey Jeff, if the cross dresser were to wear a dress, would he have to ride his Vespa side saddle to be considered 'lady like'?

Inquiring minds need to know! Exercise while scootering??? 87062
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 pm

Jeez Y.P., my cheeks hurt and my eyes are watering....... but, back to your most serious of inquiries. The Vespa owners manual, page 35, answers your question completely, and without prejudice. It states.......oh,...... 30 Rock is on....that Kenneth is probably a cross dressing, side saddle, Vespa rider! Only Corner Gas is a funnier sit-com,.......but it's Canadien ya know....... well, I seem to have forgotten your question, but I hope this answered it. Now "Take off, You Hoser". Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:25 am

Hi All,

If I ever get rich, manufactureing and selling Scooter accessoies, I will, have you all over. Huntington Lake California, that is where I would like to have a nice cabin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:27 am

Dennis, Buy your lot now, soon it will be ocean front. Exercise while scootering??? 186319

Hey Jeff, Corner Gas must be about a diner?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Dennis. Just Google Earth'd your lake side cabin in Ca. Wow. Have you vacationed there?, bike trip? Well Shania will be pleased for sure. And dont go overboard for us on the beer......plain old sudsy cheap stuff is o.k. Again, thanks for the great work on the hitch that you built for my 03 SW. Jeff.
Hi Wes. Good one. Yep, Corner Gas is a Canadien sit-com, located at a cross road in the middle of nowhere......gas station, and diner. You have to see it. The cast of characters is really funny, but mind ya, I've got dibs on the young lady police officer. Lacey in the restaurant is still available. Hulu might have episodes? Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Dennis and Wes. Checked Hulu.....no luck......but all episodes of Corner Gas are on Youtube, 8 to 9 minutes at a time. If you can use a little garage, diner, convenience store humor, it's a treat. Now about those uppity, clean air breathing,snowmobile riding Canadiens.......where all the women look like Shania......and the men look like...... well ,manly sort of........well they dont look like Shania anyway!! Cue the Canadien National Anthem. Jeff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Jeff,
I will check it out, I can always use a good laugh.

Thanks, ride safe,
Wes
Back to top Go down
Peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 am

Are you serious? I am always sore after a good ride! I bet I've lost a good 15 pounds in the past month just by scootering!! But I'm a vegetarian and mostly live on trail mix when we ride. So as long as I stay away from pizza places, I do well. Ironically, I have a nice stationary bike that I can "ride" after my ride. ha! I wonder if I could sell that on Craigslist?
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 pm

It's not my list but i'm betting if you listed it some sucker I mean prospective buyer would want it.
Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise while scootering???   Exercise while scootering??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exercise while scootering???
Page 1 of 1