Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS Empty
PostSubject: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:34 pm

If we are old enough to appreciate and ride a Silverwing, haven't we heard some two wheeled characters in our past. One example that comes to mind to me, was the Suzuki RE 5. It was rotary engined bike from the 70's, that had a very unique sound. Two stroke singles, twins, triples, oval piston Honda's, three cylinder BSA's, Wizzers,Puchs....... so many bikes, so many exhaust notes. There was a Triumph/Suzuki shop 2 blocks from my home, and as a child, I swear I could tell the difference between a single carb Triumph tr-6, and a dual carb Bonnevile..... as they would pass by.... with my eyes closed.!
Your choice for a "Unique sounding two wheeler"???? Jeff.
Back to top Go down
jimjotel
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-12-01

PostSubject: Re: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:45 pm

my favorite was the kawasaki 500, 750, and then the 900 three cyl, 2 cycle bikes in the 70's. they were the fastest on the road back then. i had the 500, you had to run a hotter plug in the center piston due to the air cooling of the front tire spin, but back tires had to be replaced frequently.
Back to top Go down
http://jimtelford@bellsouth.net
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Jeff Rosenkranz wrote:
There was a Triumph/Suzuki shop 2 blocks from my home, and as a child, I swear I could tell the difference between a single carb Triumph tr-6, and a dual carb Bonnevile..... as they would pass by.... with my eyes closed.!
Your choice for a "Unique sounding two wheeler"???? Jeff.

Then you certainly remember the Suzuki "Water Buffalo". It's liquid cooled 2 stroke 750 cc engine was unique. It wasn't an auditory gem, but it was unique.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 6:23 am

Hi Jim. Yes, the Mach III was the King, especially at tire shredding and wheelies. It did have an interesting sound as it was a combination of shrieking two stroke exhaust, and burning Bridgestones.
Hi Bigbird. The Gt 750 was a character too. Reminded me of the sound of an Evinrude idling up the bay. Jeff.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:14 pm

69 Triumph Bonnevile straight pipes set up for drag strip had a unique idle, seemed like forever between stroke fire than wait then fire again
Craig
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi Craig. Now there's a question. Would a Silverwing with straight pipes sound like the 69 Triumph that you have offered. Both engines are parallel twins, the Triumph vertical, the Honda.....somewhat horizontal....??? Would they sound the same??? I think that the Britbikes pistons rise and fall at the same time?, with different firing orders.... I wonder if its the same with the Silverwing? Maybe our resident mechanical Guru Dennis B. could answer that one. Thanks. Jeff the Limey Brit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS   UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UNIQUE SOUNDING MOTORCYCLES/SCOOTERS
Page 1 of 1