Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?   How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:34 am

I have 4k miles on my J costa and wondering what my pins look like.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?   How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 am

It's about a 20-30 minute job start to finish, check as often as you feel you need. I have noticed that with the aftermarket belt that there is not as much (belt) dust as with the stock. There was a report of an aftermarket belt that disintegrated (shred itself) but only the one report. I'm not sure how to answer your question.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?   How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:35 am

Like Paul said, it is a 20-30 min job. I just changed out my sliders, putting back the 28 gram sliders, and then entire job only took about 30 mins to do. So checking the belt should only be about 20-30 mins. I have a Pictorial in the "Pictorial" section so look at that first a few times and then do it. If you have a cordless drill with a phillips head screwdriver, 8mm socket, 10 mm socket and some allen wrenches it will go much quicker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?   How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 am

Per the owner's manual and the service manual the Clutch Shoe Wear Inspection interval is every 4,000mi (6,400km). I don't hold too fast to this interval, but am generally close. I'm not as fastidious (anal/OCD) as some.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?   How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often do you open the cover to check your belt variator etc?
Page 1 of 1