Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Rear shock longevity
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How do you refer to your scooter?

Go down 
5 posters

What do you consider your scooter? Vote for one please.
Touring Scooter
How do you refer to your scooter? I_vote_lcap32%How do you refer to your scooter? I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 13 ]
Super Scooter
How do you refer to your scooter? I_vote_lcap5%How do you refer to your scooter? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Maxi Scooter
How do you refer to your scooter? I_vote_lcap63%How do you refer to your scooter? I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

How do you refer to your scooter? Empty
PostSubject: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:36 pm

This is a poll question to how you refer to your scooter.

Last edited by JeffR on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:22 pm

I voted touring, and Jeff, I never heard that term used until your forum appeared. I like it.

When folks ask me what "that" is when they see my S'Wing at the gas station or wherever, I simply tell them it's a Honda Silver Wing. I guess I havn't overcome the S word yet. Scooter sounds so cheesy, and Our Silver Wings are far from cheesy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Gene,

I know what you mean about what to say when people ask. Just last Friday I was given a citation for parking my "moped" in a car spot. I got upset because the other m/c's didn't get a ticket and the guard put this on the bottom of the citation: "You should park this moped in the M/c /Moped parking location. I wouldn't want anything to happen to your moped".

This got me upset since he didn't give a ticket to the other bikes, and one harley was not even parked in a parking spot, but next to a curb. I'm going to post a different topic with this and include a copy of the citation.

But I have always refered to these as Touring Scooters. It just seems that's what these are.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Power Scooter....   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Well Jeff,

My scooter ain't on your list...... (see photo)

How do you refer to your scooter? P1000331

This is either a giant West Highland Terrier guarding my "power scooter" when I'm not around...

Or it could be a another useful Mod, a special miniturizing device that comes in handy when parking is at a premium...

Or maybe a genie cast a magic spell....

Seriously, I tend to refer to my scoot as a Silver Wing..... bike.... or scoot...

Of the options you have listed I'd go for Maxi, but that's only because that's the popular modern jargon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:24 pm

I never thought about it much. When I had my Helix I certainly called it a scooter. I'm in a sort of social ladies group and they all think the Helix is so adventursome. Sort of cute Smile I've told a few I have bought the Silverwing Rolling Eyes and that may be over the "cute" line...LOL But I'm so excited for spring to get out and ride my new bike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:53 pm

What's that dog been chewing on? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:21 am

maxiscooter wrote:
What's that dog been chewing on? Shocked

The postman maybe.......!

Then again it could be the cat, though to be honest they normally get on just fine...... His beard seems a quite bright in the photo, but the colour staining is due to his saliva

How do you refer to your scooter? P1000316
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Bernardo,

I like the scoot. I found one of those on the web somewhere and am thinking of buying one. If I remember they are under $10 so it would be cool to have one. I never thought of "Power Scooter". Laughing You dog kind of looks like the dog we have. Ours is a hybrid of a Maltise and a Yorkshire.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: touring vs maxi...   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:16 pm

I voted "maxi" - mainly because I have heard that term from other people more often than "touring", but even though I use both terms to describe my bike, I suppose I use the term "bike" most of all...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:18 pm

oh oh, it is a 7 to 7 tie now.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:55 pm

no more tie -- is 9 to 8 in favor of maxi.

I emphasize scooter when asked what it is just to get to see the reaction.

A 71 year old dude on a scooter!LOL!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you refer to your scooter?   How do you refer to your scooter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you refer to your scooter?
Page 1 of 1