Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2008 Silverwing
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby Dale M Today at 3:39 pm

» Overheat problem
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Today at 11:13 am

» Michelin City Grip tires
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Malossi (white) Contra spring 17Kgs
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby arboroaks Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:50 pm

» Future forum pictures!
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:51 am

» Radiator Removal
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:13 pm

» Bike turning over, not starting - possible coil?
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:27 am

» What about SYM ?
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby Carlos Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:54 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:16 am

» Delkevic, PC & Lg Saddlemen Top Case For Sale
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:28 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2023-10-18

Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring Empty
PostSubject: Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring   Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 7:28 pm

Stock clutch =6.4 seconds from 0-50 mph.
I just did five 0-50 mph runs with my 2012 with the original tires, basically cold.
Margins of error- I used the stopwatch feature on my phone attached to the handlebar and the bikes speedometer.
First two runs were 6.33 seconds exactly.
Then 6.52, 6.03, 6.71.
Toss out the high and low runs and we average 6.4 seconds from a dead stop with both feet down to 50 mph.

Stay tuned to see the comparison with the white Malossi clutch spring. It has been ordered along with some new tires.
The new tires will be the biggest variable in the test I believe.
Questions, comments, answers?

Oh, John G, I thought hard about leaving it alone, seriously. I am apparently not capable of that.

Last edited by Tbear on Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1581
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring   Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 3:25 am

Nothing to add really Tbear, just keen to see your results. It could be another gem of info on this forum for other members. Actually, I'm surprised JohnyC hasn't chipped in yet. This sounds like his kind of thing 🤔
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

PostSubject: Re: Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring   Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 9:47 am

Well, I admit JohnnyC is my Silverwing inspiration.
And thank you, I am equally anxious.
Meanwhile: I got to ride my Reflex around the Gila Mountains in southwest New Mexico. This is Box Canyon Rd.
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring Img_0815
Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring Img_0814
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 530
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring   Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 10:25 am

IMO the Malossi white spring is hands down the best/cheapest mod you can do to the SW600 cvt, is not so easy to install, but IMO it is more effective/cheaper than DRP sliding weights, IME it virtually eliminates the "Belt Slap" issue, I did not notice any significant change in highway MPG either.

Plenty info to be found on a search for " malossi white spring ".

BTW a stock SW600 "May" do, 0-60 in 8 sec. + maybe a 16 sec. 1/4 mile with a skilled driver scratch
Back to top Go down
Tbear
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tbear

PostSubject: Re: Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring   Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 12:58 pm

My bad I corrected the 0-60 to the 0-50 that I actually measured.
Still seems a little fast if a skilled rider can do 0-60 in 8 seconds.
I am not too skilled and weigh 210 pounds. Perhaps the speedometer is a little optimistic?
I think I once said I’ve owned over 50 bikes. Should have been over 30. Just ‘fessing up. I am not trying to impress anyone.
Anyway, we are comparing the bike with and without the Malossi spring, so the actual times won’t be as important as the difference between the two.
Back to top Go down

Somewhat Scientific Test of the Malossi White Clutch Spring
Page 1 of 1