Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

next bike/scooter

Go down 
+2
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 7:37 am

Although I will be 84 in May----may buy another new bike soon, there have been over 75 new bikes/scooters in my life since 1955....and I use them, near 1.5 million miles in 15-20 countries. Moved from TN to WI---no Kymco dealer there, sold my Kymco---my riding, I like dealer support.

Now looking at Honda Navi----cheap and has all the features old farts like and need---Kick starter, foot pegs, tank form to grip with knees, right foot brake pedal, not heavy, $50 luggage rack from HONDA Parts (my dog's box can bolt right on), with exposed bars so windshield I already have should bolt right on.

As somewhat experienced, like air cooled/drum brakes, easy to reach valves---slow ok, only want one more long ride.....this time to Hyder Alaska again.

The factory storage space should take my tools and maybe small tire pump and tire repair kit. Spare drive belt cheap. Rubber bag will go on seat behind me-----then ready, small gas tank something to think about, but gas consumption little, so safe camp stove gas bottle easy to carry. Tank bag I already have should work with industrial quality velcro to hold it on.

Honda dealer near me and there are still many along the way Their parts service pretty good.....providing the parts man not an idiot and is rider, not pick up driver as is the case often.

Stay tuned....not planning on croaking soon.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 9:26 am

The Navi is a short wheel base, 100cc pocket-bike with a top speed of, maybe, 50mph. I don’t think that’s a serious candidate for trans Canada slog to Alaska. Even though there’s been Wan and a few others who’ve ridden round the world (RTW) on 49cc Ruckus’. They’ve all been in their 20’s. Not arthritic old geezers like us.

But hats off to you for even the thought of doing it.

next bike/scooter 3131c610
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 11:26 am

just do it is my guide-----rode to 49 states 2014, suzuki tu 250 and burgman 400----ride alot proper professional quality gear, stop every 5o miles or one hour. easy and not worry about what trip is costing you. Fresh machine
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 6:24 am

Your next bike/scooter has almost become an annual topic, and most of the time you don't buy anything at all. Wasn't the new Honda Cub in the running last year or the year before.

The way to go about it is to do your research, buy something, and then post about it.

Maxi forums and FB pages are full of posts from blokes saying they're gonna buy some maxi, pick the collective brain for info they're perfectly capable of finding out for themselves. Usually followed by some lame excuse why they didn''t buy this maxi. Then they're at again later with another maxi that's caught their eye.

I've got an idea of what I want to replace my 2018 Forza 300 with, I've looked at YouTube clips, importers websites, checked out accessories, visited a couple of dealerships to look at stock, and there's a couple more I want to check out.

I was also lucky enough to have a huge variety of maxi scooters to look at last week in a vast outdoor showroom, parked up on the streets of Marseilles, Genoa, Palermo, and Barcelona. More variety than I'd ever see back home and definitely food for thought.

It goes without saying I'm not saying I'm gonna buy this maxi or that maxi or posting about it until I do the deal.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 8:44 am

try to buy a Honda cub is the US----none are on dealers floors. and US model comes without sidestand or luggage rack. I have had C-90 cub in Japan came with very large luggage rack and side stand---worked well for me. Buying a new bike/scooter in N America strange at this time.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 5:30 pm

John search on MotoHunt website there are quite a few Super Cubs listed on there new and used. None on Cycletrader though. Some up your way too.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 7:36 pm

As buyer and user of over 75 new bikes/scooters I only buy from dealer near where I live. They are nice for warranty work.
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 12:19 am

Look for an older Trail 110 CT all the racks and stuff, walk thru bike.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 5:43 am

I buy only new for my use.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 5:33 pm

You can buy a bike anywhere and local dealer will service and honor the Warr.  
Trail 125 has FI, ABS, center stand and luggage rack.  Semi auto trans but chain drive.
No 2023 model but plenty of new 2022's out there.  Large wheels make for a better ride also.

next bike/scooter Trail_10
Back to top Go down
smellybeard
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2020-08-11

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2023 6:30 pm

john grinsel wrote:
right foot brake pedal
I've recently run into some hip trouble and my riding habits have had to change a little. I now usually put my right foot on the ground first as I have difficulty raising and lowering my left. It comes naturally to me and it's what I was raised on with old British and Italian bikes and their left foot brakes. The front brake on my Cub 90 is not brilliant and I've given myself a few brown underpants moments in traffic.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 6:19 am

For me---trail cub has open drive chsin and up swept exhaust which I do not like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

next bike/scooter Empty
PostSubject: Re: next bike/scooter   next bike/scooter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

next bike/scooter
Page 1 of 1