Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» coolant leak? and shutter/lugging of engine
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby Cannavis Yesterday at 10:54 pm

» Swingarm seal removal
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Failed Relationships !!
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:07 pm

» Seat strut help please
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby arboroaks Yesterday at 5:53 pm

» New 2022 rides Mr Grinsel?
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Yesterday at 4:47 pm

» Swingarm torque question
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby Craftbike Yesterday at 6:23 am

» Bought a 600 silver wing Scooter with the Trike kit on it
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Yesterday at 5:30 am

» Airhawk and GoCruise
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:50 pm

» For Sale: Dr Pulley HiT Clutch kit
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:48 pm

» Damn & Blast Again!
Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Does everyone eventually ask the question?

Go down 
+3
MUCHoldERwingguy
GHM-PM
The Dude
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2022-02-20

Does everyone eventually ask the question? Empty
PostSubject: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 2:20 pm

What if I die?

Scooters are motorcycles. We all know the risks. 🤔

We are cheating death every time we get home. JMHO.

Maybe that's the reason for the unstated brotherhood?

I should probably stick to "just coffee" for breakfast. 😆
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2248
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 7:25 am

I have had many people ask me "aren't motorcycles dangerous?"  Also got much the same question years ago when I learned to scuba dive and loved it. "aren't you afraid of getting eaten by a shark?"

My answer was the same..."if I die at least I was doing something I love!!!"

The next most common (stupid) question I get is "what do you do if it rains?"

My answer? "I get wet". LOL
Back to top Go down
MUCHoldERwingguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2022-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 7:37 am

Why ? because I like it and it's legal.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 7:46 am

Am I the only one mystified at what exactly this unstated brotherhood is? scratch
Back to top Go down
BrianInVA
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BrianInVA

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2022-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 1:32 pm

I literally and earnestly say a prayer every time I get on my bikes, for protection from any eventuality. My hopes are for a far better next life, so I’m not too concerned.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 2:50 am

It's the old risk / reward ratio thing isn't it. There is a risk in everything, another catastrophic asteroid might hit.
Knowing the risk is there you mitigate it with what you wear, where you ride, how you ride etc.
I suspect most bikers have a large amount of control freak in their nature.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2022-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 3:59 am

steve_h80 wrote:
It's the old risk / reward ratio thing isn't it. There is a risk in everything, another catastrophic asteroid might hit.
Knowing the risk is there you mitigate it with what you wear, where you ride, how you ride etc.
I suspect most bikers have a large amount of control freak in their nature.

I was riding today, in a rare sun break, and decided so little in life can be considered "fun". The "reward" absolutely outweighs the risk. JMHO. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3983
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 5:35 am

I don't dwell on these things at all, I just dress in the appropriate riding gear, don't ride like a dick and assume everyone else out there on the road is one.   Neutral
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Does everyone eventually ask the question?   Does everyone eventually ask the question? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I don't dwell on these things at all, I just dress in the appropriate riding gear, don't ride like a dick and assume everyone else out there on the road is one.   Neutral

Wise words indeed.

Once you start to dwell on all the possible negative outcomes, you may as well stay at home in bed.
Back to top Go down

Does everyone eventually ask the question?
Page 1 of 1