Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also GIVE US THE COURTESY of introducing yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Attempted my first ever day trip on a FJS4002
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 9:35 am

» Finally hit 10k
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby ultralight Today at 9:11 am

» Fly and Ride
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby EvilTwin Today at 9:08 am

» Missing parts on oil change
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby glenrush Today at 8:13 am

» New guy - help with part number
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Yesterday at 6:45 am

» Blue Ridge Parkway?
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Yesterday at 6:40 am

» That doesn't look right - clutch wear
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 pm

» Dash Panel Seperation
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:09 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:42 pm

» PA. Bucket List.
Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-10-20

Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain Empty
PostSubject: Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain   Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2022 7:02 pm

I'm a all season rider and i noticed a new thing happening now a days that has never been a issue before, if its a lot of wind and fine rain i have a hard time starting my bike. Now at home i have a big motorcycle cover so that's not a issue but when i drive to work and i meet up with some fine rain and wind, when i get off from work i have a hard time (if at all) starting my Swing. In the 3 or some years i owned it this was never a issue. last month it happened and i was unable to at all get it started, i tried cranking and revving until the battery died and had to pull the battery out and leave the bike at work go charge it at home overnight. next day popped it in and started healthy and strong. it happened again yesterday so thin time i tried disassembling the right side near the airbox to make sure the airbox wasn't flooded or something, nothing, checked the spark plugs to see if they were flooded.. nothing. so i just planned to try until the battery died again but after like 3 minutes of starting and throttle twisting i got a very LOUD backfire and the next start started the bike! not sure why but i was able to get home. what could be the issue? maybe wherever the spark is being generated was too wet?
Back to top Go down

Bike hard to start if met with Fine rain
Page 1 of 1