Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda Forza 350 crash bars

Go down 
+4
Meldrew
bikehiker
john grinsel
MikeO
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Honda Forza 350 crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 4:51 pm

With my propensity for dropping my maxiscooters and having just received a postal-order in the post, I've invested in a pair of these crash-bars.
I know this sort of thing is not to everyone's taste but I couldn't resist them.
I have it in mind also to fit a pair of driving lights and the bars will provide a good place to mount them:

https://dcparts.co.uk/product/honda-forza-side-crash-bars
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Plastic maxi scooters should come with 360 degree crash/roll bars like my 125 Daelimn did---rear also could serve as strong mount for top box!
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2021 11:20 pm

Maybe room on those bars for highway pegs, giving legs additional position.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 6:01 am

bikehiker wrote:
Maybe room on those bars for highway pegs, giving legs additional position.

Interesting set of bars for the Forza 350 and 300 which I've never seen before. Would I buy a set for my own 300, if I was looking to do a spot of farkling in future then I might.

They're also ideal for fitting a set of extra LED lights, as Michael has already mentioned. I like that idea although the Forza displays an impressive front LED light display already.

As for fitting highway pegs, that's entirely an American thing. The current Forza models are shorter and more compact than the 2017 version. Putting your feet up on the rubber mats gives you a more knees up than the feet forward riding position of the Silver Wing.

So fitting highway pegs would put you in the same knees ups riding position, but with your feet out into the wind blast. You'd also look a bit of a twat for want of a better word too. Neutral

With this compact Forza you soon adapt to riding feet flat, just as you adapt to the shortcomings of the short stemmed bodywork mounted mirrors.

Speaking of which, I'm about to try a new set of wide angle blind spot mirrors on mine.

Last edited by Meldrew on Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 9:01 am

I'm greatly encouraged by the positive remarks from riders for whom I have respect, even if I don't always agree with them; thank you!

My one negative is that the rubber mats won't sit flat when the bars are fitted; I have it in mind to find out how much a second set of mats costs so I can cut out the bits which stick up; thoughts, please.

I mounted a pair of cheap but effective LED spots on my Silverwing on a DennisB bracket. Scootering friends assured me they made me extra-visible and were worth having; certainly, when I was filtering, most drivers moved aside very swiftly.
The mechanic who fitted them wired them so they were always on when the bike was running; he was also the MOT tester and, although he was very slightly doubtful about them, knew they were beneficial and ignored them when doing the MOT.

I'll report progress. Smile

Last edited by MikeO on Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 9:17 am

I meant to say:

When I first saw the bars and the link, I had a look and dithered. They were 'in stock' but when I'd finally made up my mind to buy a set, they were 'out of stock'; story of my life!
However, I put the link to the page on my desktop and checked a couple of times every day.
My diligence was rewarded when, ten days ago, '1 in stock' was listed.
I managed to place my order before anyone else noticed and the bars arrived at the beginning of last week.
I suggest that if you want a pair you'll have to adopt a similar strategy. Wink
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Hi Mike,

Looks like a great piece of kit.👍🏻
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks, Jamie.

They feel right; the finish is good and they have weight.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating; I must remember they are there and spread my legs a bit more when I put my feet down!

I promise to pass on my experiences with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 5:32 pm

I like those crash bars.  If they were available for our SWings, I would seriously consider a set as even a  standing still, gentle lay down tends to damage the tupperware.
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 11:00 pm

Those crash bars are nice looking! Great find.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 6:26 am

Well, that was an experience!
I'm quite handy with spanners, hammers and the like but fitting the bars was not quite as straightforward as might have been.
I did left-hand side first, having spent several minutes finding the right tools; I have no workshop and haven't yet sorted the various boxes after my move, something I will do in due course (how many times have I said that!)
Tools required:
10mm spanner to free off the bolts under the mats.
Screwdriver with square drive (a favourite tool of mine - a Draper)
10mm socket (in the Draper kit)
Small Allen key - it's a bit so fits in the screwdriver.
Hammer
KY Jelly

I started as the pips went for the 10 o'clock News sounded.
1 : remove rubber mats - easy.
2 : remove chrome-headed 10 mm bolts - tight but straightforward.
3 : place supplied spaces in footboard - location obvious and straightforward.
4 : offer up bars and start one supplied bolt in one hole - straightforward although, as we all know, the bolt angle is critical.
5 : Attempt to start the other two bolts.
6 : Remove first bolt - I thought it best to start with the middle one but realised I needed to start with the front one.
7 : Start front bolt, insert and start the other two, jiggle the bar and tighten all three screws a bit at a time.
8, Replace mats. It is at this point I resorted to the KY; one of the pips on the lower mat just wouldn't press into its hole. The jelly did the trick.
9 & 10 : haul myself up from my knees into a standing position.
11 ; sigh with relief! Check time: barely ten minutes.

Right-hand side. For this I have to move the scooter - straight-forward.
1 - 3 : As before.
4 - 6 : I did start with the front bolt butrealised at this point that the holes didn't quite line up (heart sank). I wrestled with the bar for a few minutes, trying to start the two other bolts but anxious not to cross-thread them. No success.
I took it off and saw, by eye, that the centre mount was out-of-line. Judicious use of the hammer (gentle but firm) realigned the offender successfully.
7 - 11 : Much as before.

Checked time again; it was now just after 10.35.
Time was spent moving the scooter, going to get the hammer, putting tools away and so on. Had I not had the hassle with the one bar it would have taken me less than 30 minutes.

I'm pleased with the result; the scooter looks just like the one in the pictures. I may have to adjust the Right-hand side one as it's a bit close to the panel where the extra bit (for the lights) joins.
I'm knackered so that will have to wait; I might slip a bit of racers'-tape in, just in case.

I was lucky that the weather's changed; it is warm and dry at the moment.
Happy Monday, everyone. Smile

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 7:08 am

Sounds very straight forward! How about a couple of pictures?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 7:15 am

LOL!
Click on the link in my first post for pictures; the only difference is that my Forza is blue (and if the truth be told, I still don't seem to be able to upload photos to my posts) Wink
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 7:02 am

UPDATE: After reviewing this post I realized we got way off topic! I was guilty also. So I split off the foam grips into its own segment.

BTW I love these crash bars but haven't found them for the 2015 Forza (sob).
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 10:46 am

The crash bars are in stock - follow the link in my first post in the thread.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 11:46 am

MikeO wrote:
The crash bars are in stock - follow the link in my first post in the thread.

I did look at the link but it says they fit the 350 and the newer 2018+ 300 Forza... Makes no mention of my 2015.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 350 crash bars   Honda Forza 350 crash bars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Forza 350 crash bars
Page 1 of 1