Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 7:17 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from the Rockies!

Go down 
+3
Cosmic_Jumper
sonuvabug
Brian Goobacheck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian Goobacheck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-10-24

Greetings from the Rockies!  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 1:12 am

Hello all,

I've had my 2010 Silverwing now for about a year and I love it! It's been my daily driver even on some of the colder months, like this one!

I'm on here looking for tips to help it run well during the winter (or just have ya'll totally discourage me from doing it) and other repairs I'm trying to make.

This seems a good place and an active one. Which is great to see! I can see why...this is likely the first and last bike I'll ever own. Quiet, fast (eventually), powerful and an automatic? That you can potentially tour with? Simply amazing. Glad I went this route instead of a Vespa (though they have their charms).

Okay, that's it for now. Love to hear your first times with your Silverwing!
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 8:46 am

Welcome aboard the board Brian. Make a friend of "Search" and you'll never be without stories and information to read.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 10:14 am

Hello Brian. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, the Silverwing is a Touring Class scooter. I’ve ridden my Silverwing from Key West to L’anse au Meadow on the northern tip of Newfoundland as well as around the Great Lakes to Duluth MN. So don’t fret about touring —just do it!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:17 am

Only possible down fall---over 10 year old scooter!
Back to top Go down
Brian Goobacheck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:47 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello Brian. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, the Silverwing is a Touring Class scooter. I’ve ridden my Silverwing from Key West to L’anse au Meadow on the northern tip of Newfoundland as well as around the Great Lakes to Duluth MN. So don’t fret about touring —just do it!

That is great to hear! I know my potentially large tour will come next summer. Going from Denver to Southern Michigan. Always great to hear how far others have gone!
Back to top Go down
Brian Goobacheck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:48 am

john grinsel wrote:
Only possible down fall---over 10 year old scooter!

Haha, yes, she is showing her age a bit. On top of which, I believe she was in some kind of accident as removing the front ferring recently has revealed a paint job and less screws and some bolts that should be there but...aren't. It certainly explains some of the front rattle. But outside of that, and a recent headlight issue, she runs like a champ!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:54 am

Welcome Brian to the BEST SWing forum on the net.
I won't be any help on winter riding. At my age I don't even like to get on my SWing when it's below 50 degrees. I've done it but don't really like it. And it's only for short trips. The older i get the warmer it's got to be for me to feel comfortable. I am a born and raised Minnesotan, Hate Winter and am too stupid? to move...
Back to top Go down
Brian Goobacheck
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 am

Dale N. wrote:
Welcome Brian to the BEST SWing forum on the net.
I won't be any help on winter riding. At my age I don't even like to get on my SWing when it's below 50 degrees. I've done it but don't really like it. And it's only for short trips. The older i get the warmer it's got to be for me to feel comfortable. I am a born and raised Minnesotan, Hate Winter and am too stupid? to move...

Thanks, Dale. I was born and raised in Michigan so I totally understand. Denver can be harsh but in my short experience, definitely not as long as drawn out as up north. I currently just use it to commute to work which is only about 15 minutes or so, so even if I turn to a popsicle, as long as I make it there, I'm back in the heat shortly.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 5:54 pm

Brian, a 15 minute ride can take you through a lot of winter. Maybe after about 30 minutes, things can get a little shivery unless you load on a lot of heating accessories. But 15 minutes can usually be a refreshing ride. You probably already know that when the temp hits 37-38 degrees F, there could be some cold icy spots under shadows that the rest of your region won't suspect. As long as you travel on mostly dry pavement, you should be ok. The stock wind screen could give you adequate protection for the rides you take, but a high Givi screen does make things less frigid. I personally like the challenge of riding during a nice winter weather window.

But your Michigan experience needs no advice from me. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
PeteP
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2020-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 3:07 pm

Brian,
Welcome to the forum! I bought my 2007 Silverwing in Pueblo and brought it home to Northern New Mexico. It’s a great scooter and I‘ll keep riding it as long as I can. I can’t complain about how old it is because we don’t get all the nice stuff that they get in Europe and Asia, they don’t make to these shores. I’ve put 1600 miles on it this past year. The weather is the same here in Northern New Mexico as it is in Denver, except we don’t get those horrible, nasty winds that come out of the Great Plains in Spring. Keep riding it and you’ll get to really appreciate it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Rockies!    Greetings from the Rockies!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Rockies!
Page 1 of 1