Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Today at 10:27 am

» spotted while in cleaning mode
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby Freezeagle Today at 10:26 am

» Touch up painting
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:31 am

» Mileage on a full tank?
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 7:56 pm

» Classic! A blast from the past.
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» Oil leak? Any help?
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:18 pm

» Battery and Fuse Questions
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 10:06 am

» Well, it's different !!
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:10 pm

» Silver Wing Miles (a Poll)
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby Bcook01 Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:37 am

» DIY Variator holding tool
FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

FS: Tunnel Bag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3888
Registration date : 2009-06-12

FS: Tunnel Bag Empty
PostSubject: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 pm

FS: Original first generation DJ Ellis/Silverwing Stuff tunnel bag specifically designed for the Silverwing. ~6.5” wide x ~10” long x 11” deep with 6 exterior pockets. Very good condition. Including body plug for snap fitting and a stiffener which fits in map window pocket. Has new clear map window.  $55 + shipping. PM me if interested. Photos below:

FS: Tunnel Bag 2ba74f10
FS: Tunnel Bag 81631910
FS: Tunnel Bag F26fe210

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2021 8:51 pm

The striped thing is the DIY map pocket insert

FS: Tunnel Bag 4ae3a810

FS: Tunnel Bag Cd894910
FS: Tunnel Bag 82384710
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 9:33 am

I have one of these SWing specific tunnel bags and can attest to their quality and utility. I do not use mine every day. However, for a day long or longer outing, they are super handy.

Especially if you're carrying a lot of gear in your other cargo spots and need to put your hands on the essentials quickly (wallet, phone, earplugs, travel docs, maps, glasses, water bottle, snacks etc). They hold quite a bit and I fashioned a shoulder strap which makes it a portable saddlebag in seconds.

Curious ... what is the DIY map pocket insert for?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3099
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 10:01 am

My experience with hump bags on SilverWing=very good....but I do not monkey with straps industrial grade velcro works. My Givi has lasted more than 10 years on various scooters.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 1:29 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
(Snip)
Curious ... what is the DIY map pocket insert for?

I discovered that, because the top of the bag sits relatively flat, when it rains a puddle kinda formed on the top of the bag. When I stopped inevitably that puddle sloshed right on my crotch. So this insert (repurposed from a section of small plastic waste basket) is kinda arched which not only eliminates that puddle and still allows a map page to be inserted but also gives a bit of shape to the bag too.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3099
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm

Wear Rainpants
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
... snipped ... So this insert (repurposed from a small plastic waste basket) is kinda arched which not only eliminates that puddle and still allows a map page to be inserted but also gives a bit of shape to the bag too.

Clever idea MacGyver
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3793
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 6:24 pm

When I bought my first maxi, a new Honda CN250 Helix back in 1996 there weren't any tunnel bags, but a few years earlier I'd bought a Chase Harper Europa tank bag from the good people at Aerostich in Duluth, MN.

Being an beast of a bag it was extendable with foldable rigid side panels, loads of pockets, a double sided clear plastic map pocket, and a waterproof cover with a clear plastic top.

It was ridiculously too large for the fuel tanks of the various BMW's I'd owned, but when I bought the long low Helix, it fitted the tunnel perfectly.

I didn't see it as a tunnel bag back then, just a way of carrying stuff on the Helix with this bag I'd bought and never used. It was very useful for carrying an assortment of items, and even fully extended it was easy to step over it getting on and off the Helix. Back then I was using laminated route card and the clear cover made them easily readable. I used that tunnel bag on Euro trips for about eight years and it was essential as the Helix had no under seat storage, and the rear wheel intruded into the rear boot/trunk.

Sadly that tunnel bag even though it's still in excellent condition is too long to fit in the tunnel of every other maxi scooter I've owned since.

I have a smaller Moto-Detail tunnel bag I've used on a couple of Burgmans and the Silver Wing, but as I've grown older I just can't be bothered anymore with temperamental Velcro attatchment pads on the tunnel, clambering over the bag getting on and off the scooter, and removing and reattaching the bag at fuel stops.

So a few years ago before I sold my Silver Wing I made the decision to stop using a tunnel bag altogether, and it was surprisingly easy to adjust after many years of using one.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 pm

I could fit most of my worldly possessions into a tunnel bag. Whenever we went to Belgium to visit the outlaws, a tunnel bag would have made things just that little bit easier. I don't like panniers so everything had to go under the seat or in the top box. Quite a squeeze. The tunnel bag is great for things like, underwear, tissues, passports and documents etc.

I'll be fitting one before our next trip to the continent.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3793
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 am

FS: Tunnel Bag 0a30bb10
FS: Tunnel Bag 44f82c10

As Timothy was curious, this is the current version of that very large Chase Harper Europa tank bag I used on my Helix many moons ago.

Over here it's £130 plus shipping, plus other taxes you may incur.

As you can see from the diagram it'll carry a shed load of stuff.

Last edited by Meldrew on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: FS: Tunnel Bag   FS: Tunnel Bag I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 11:27 am

FS: Tunnel Bag 0a30bb10

I use an older version of this upwardly expandable Chase Harper tank bag at the front of my under seat cargo area.  It is large and takes up approximately 40% of my under seat room.  It carries my extensive M/C tool kit, first aid kit and assorted extras like bungees, wire, duct tape etc.

My kit is overkill to some. However, I'm one of those DIY'ers who'd rather be looking at it than looking for it!
Back to top Go down

FS: Tunnel Bag
Page 1 of 1