Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Forza gripes!

Go down 
+3
Marvincon
john grinsel
GHM-PM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 8:16 am

I am back in Nevada and got my Forza out of moth balls. I love the little beast but I have a couple of complaints as to maintenance. Just sharing as I know people on here have switched to Forza's from the Silver Wing.

1. I brought up a new battery (old one was 5 years old). Changing the battery in the SWing is a snap but not the Forza; it is buried in the floor of the storage compartment and is a bear to get to... Nice design, Honda! Got it done but what a pain; what should have been an easy job on a necessary maintenance itemĀ  brought out a bunch of bad words from this owner!

2. Final drive oil. I change this on my Silver Wing every other oil change and it is an easy job. Since I bought the Forza used I figured I should do it to be safe...another pain. Instead of two bolt holes there are three on the Forza. TOP, CHECK and DRAIN. Strange, lower two are easy to get to but the top one not so much. UGH. In addition the filler hole is so small that it is nearly impossible to get anything in to refill it without spilling oil all over the place... I bought a tiny funnel, too big, broke my oil can in the process of finishing it.

Don't misunderstand the Forza is a fine ride and I enjoy it; very quiet and smooth but I think the engineers should have been supervised on the two above items! LOL
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 8:42 am

Remember Forza was sales slop in US.

Battery---ride often battery no need to hook up to charger. storage, take battery out.

Final drive oil should be changed every 2 years or so----am speaking from over 400,000 miles with maxi scooters---on 11th new one now.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2019-05-06

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 11:45 am

The new 350 has easy access to the battery, and the transmission oil change is easier than the silverwing, in my opinion.It just took Honda a while.. Wink

Glad to hear that! Now if I could get my hands on a 350 santa
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 1:41 pm

I added Motobatt leads to my 300 as I'd taken them off the Silver Wing when I sold it, and it is in a confined space at the front under the seatWhat was interesting was when I was fiddling about and battery power was disconnected for a few seconds, It triggered a message to my iPhone from Scorpion, the 24/7 security company monitoring the Forza's tracker.

My only minor gripe is the stems of the Forza's frame mounted mirrors could be longer. Stick on blind spot mirrors sort that out. The Silver Wing's handlebar mounted mirrors weren't perfect either. I still have the mirror extenders and Magazzi replacement mirrors in the garage.

As for final drive oil fill and drain plugs, I wouldn't know how many my Forza has because I've never looked.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sun May 09, 2021 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 2:25 pm

You know Meldrew I am glad you mentioned the small round blind spot mirrors as I had the same thoughts on the 350, not much adjustment bar looking at elbows.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 10:00 pm

Engineers don't care--- I'm sure some do but everything is done with computers and a price point. Find a way to do this or that in the space we have to work with.

All you guys still looking at your elbows buy some mirror extenders.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 1:34 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
All you guys still looking at your elbows buy some mirror extenders.

It's not as simple as that. Unlike the previous model Forza and the Silver Wing the new Forza 300 and 350’s are a more compact maxi and have the mirrors forward of the handlebars mounted on the bodywork. The backs of the new 300 and 350’s mirrors have large orange LED running lights/turn signals built into them.

We're not looking at elbows either, it's a shoulder thing and more a minor irritation than a gripe. So fitting a couple of stick on convex blind spot mirrors is an inexpensive and easy fix.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 4:54 am

Not really relevent but my X9500 Evo had similar mirrors; stick-on blind-spot mirrors solved the 'shoulders' problem.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 3:01 pm

Blind spot mirrors ordered, as above it is a shame even though the Forza built into the bodywork mirrors look so good you cannot add the mirror extenders that worked a treat on the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 8:33 am

It's not really a gripe, I had a look on the Honda UK website today and now that the dealers are open and the Forza 350 is now in the showrooms, they've dropped the Forza 300 from the scooter range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forza gripes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza gripes!   Forza gripes! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza gripes!
Page 1 of 1