Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 3:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 1:11 pm

» checking the oil
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 4:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 12:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 4:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 1:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs Empty
PostSubject: Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs   Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Great lighting is something that we all like to have when riding at night. The silverwing does a much better job than my Helix did becuase of the double bulb configuration and the vastly improved reflection of the headlamp assembly. When I bought my bike last year, I researched a bulb that would work well and last long (500 hours which is comparable to standard OEM replacement halogens). One thing I learned is that most of the high performance bulbs available don't last as long as standards. After a little research I settled on some bulbs from a European Company called OSRAM. They make a halogen bulb claimed to deliver %50 increased lighting and lasting as long as a standard halogen called the OSRAM H7 Silverstar (Not to be confused with Sylvania Silverstars) that is actually a 55 watt H7 and I've been very happy with them. I have ridden many curvy roads at night through the appalachians and feel very confident riding as I can see the road and peripheals of the road very well. They also make an H7 with 65 watts of current (OSRAM Rallye H7) an H7 with 65 watts of current using and H9 filament called "Night Breakers". These have also received good reviews but they do draw a little extra current so that is something to consider with these two bulbs. Osrams are European made and are a little more expensive but I have been very happy with the silverstars and plan on buying another set when they do blow out. When I bought them last year, I was able to get a set of 2 bulbs for $30.00 with shipping so shop around. You might even do better than I did. Here is a link that might be helpful.

http://www.casporttouring.com/thestore/prods/17185.html
Back to top Go down

Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs   Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am

Sylvania IS Osram, and vice-versa. Opinions vary as to whether the Silverstar product lines are the same bulbs, though. But it's the same company. I believe Sylvania bought out a European company some time ago and continues to market as "Osram" in Europe for the name recognition.

Various high quality bulbs, including illegal overwattage ones, are available from Daniel Stern Lighting. (Google it.)

There is no such thing as "brighter" halogen bulbs for a given wattage, but well-made bulbs might put more light on the road because the filament is more precisely located. You want to avoid anything with a blue tint. That's just a scam to make the color look like HIDs, but any tint on the envelope just reduces the actual lumen output. And don't buy into the "Xenon bulb" scam, either. True HID lamps are filled with Xenon, which is one of the most expensive commercially available substances in the world, but the only reason to put a meaningless amount of it in a halogen incandescent lamp is for marketing purposes. It has no effect.

55 watts is 55 watts no matter who makes the bulb, but quality has other benefits besides the amount of light the glowing filament produces.
Back to top Go down

Lighting- OSRAM Bulbs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: