Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello, from frozen Illinois!

Go down 
+2
DennisB
james7652
6 posters
AuthorMessage
james7652
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Hello, from frozen Illinois! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Hello everybody. I'm Jim, from south-central Illinois. I have owned a 2006 Silver Wing FSC 600A, for almost 3 years. I love it. I am ready to add a Tow Pac Mini-Trike kit to it, so my wife can ride. I'm buying a 2008 FSC600A, with under 700 miles on it for me. I have only been scootering the last 4 years, having had a 2004 Honda Helix, for 1 year, before swithing to the 2006 Silver Wing. I think the Silver Wing is an awesome scooter. I hope to learn a few things from this forum and to contribute a few things. Have fun everybody!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Jim,

Welcome aboard. Your forum member 500!!!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Post some pictures in our album when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
james7652
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Do I win a prize?....Just wondering...lol
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 pm

James,

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Also, you are the 500th member of the site too. It seems fitting since I'm from Illinois too but live in California now. I was living in Champaign before moving out here, but am originally from the very North East corner of Illinois. What city are you in? If you have any questions please ask away and also have your wife join too. Look around the site and please contribute since you have had the SWing for some time now.

You can create your own folder in the "Album" section and post pics of your Swing. Also please post some of the SWing when you put the tri-pac kit on and also your new SWing. Again, welcome.

Last edited by JeffR on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
james7652
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm

I grew up near Champaign, in Georgetown. I have lived in Litchfield, ( ½ way between Springfield, IL & St. Louis, MO, on I-55) , since August of 1975. I am currently in the process of starting an area scooter club ( http://mont-macscooterclub.webs.com/ ) and have included a liink to this forum. I look forward to contributing to this fine forum.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Welcome James, from another Illinois flatlander. Let's hope for an early spring, a long summer, and a late fall in 2010!
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 am

I am from Urbana, having left there in 1981 to move to Williamsport PA and am now in Zephyrhills FL. I just completed the move to FL a few weeks ago and rode my 2006 (Russell Day long seat equipped) 1130 miles in heavy rain and freezing temperatures. The good news is I got it out before the snow and extreme cold set in, or else I would still be there. It is nice to be able to ride every day and enjoy the better (not good, just better) temperature experience.
Be patient, good weather is coming, granted not soon enough.
Bill Castle
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 am

Welcome James, valuable info will be found on this site. We stopped overnight in Litchfield, IL just this past summer and visited Neauhas (Spelling?) Cycle which is pretty impressive in itself. We were following old Rt 66 from OK border to Chicago. IL does a great job of marking old Rt 66 and some neat stops along the way. Also dined in the Artison cafe in Litchfield. Enjoyed the visit...
Also to the gentleman who moved from Williamsport, PA to Fl. Enjoy the warmer weather as I am doing right now (working in Miami this week). One would be hard pressed to match the wonderful back roads and small mountains that you left behind in Williamsport. Rt 287 from Williamsport to Wellsboro is one of my favorites but it is hard to choose as there are so many.
Enjoy this site and continue to contribute. Great people here.....Take Care, Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 am

Dick,
You are so very right about the beautiful riding places in PA! I concur with your assessment of the Williamsport-Wellsboro, you are right on. I could mention many other great rides in PA as well. I know I will miss PA, but I plan to spend most of the summer back there. Your Blue Ridge Parkway does not take a back seat to any ride in the country (or any other country as either).
Bill
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Bill welcome to FL.I live close to you.We have a club hear in town.Check out our calender,heck join our club. We often stop at the McDonald's to pic up members along the way.We would love to have one more waiting wen we get there.Hear is a link to our calender.
http://www.meetup.com/st-petersburg-scooter-club/calendar/

Roger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, from frozen Illinois!   Hello, from frozen Illinois! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, from frozen Illinois!
Page 1 of 1