Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Flash2Pass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:59 pm

I was wondering if any one has put a flash2pass garage door opener on there S.W.?If so how did they wire it up?I would like to hook it up a separate switch[like above the starter switch with a switch of it own] if I could.
Any help would appreciated .I will post on the other site also.Thank you in advance.Roger
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi Roger,

That's easy. You need to remove your windsheild first.

Then find the big connector that goes to your headlights.

Going into the big connctor you need to find the BLUE and GREEN wires.

Use the POSI Taps that come with Kit and tap the Positive wire of the sending units to the BLUE wire and the Negative wire on the sending unit to the GREEN wire on the headlight connector.

Go to the hardware store and buy some wide Velcrow strip with adhesive backing and paste the sending unit to the back of the scoots speedo unit.

Test the unit with the door.

Reinstall winsheild.

Your done....Easy! Flash2Pass Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Dennis thank you for your quick reply.I should elaborate a little.I have one installed one on my Burg.400[with flash to pass head light switch] and my Morphous[no flash to pass switch].I like the Burg jest squeeze the switch and the door opens.With the Morphous I have to flip the light switch back and forth twice for the door opens.What I would really would like to do is not put it on the lights at all.I would like to put a switch on the little blank spot above the starter switch.And place the opener on its own circuit. I have called the manufacturer on fri.but all the tech help had gone home for the weekend and I was told they would call me back when they had an answer.We'll see if I get any response at all.I don't think I'll hold my breath.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Sounds like you need to mount a waterproof, push button, momentary switch, and instead of the BLUE wire on the big connector, you need to tap your POS wire of the sender unit to your big WHITE headlight wire on the same connector. That way when you turn off your scooter off the sending unit will power down also.

Hook the grounding wire coming off the sending unit to any grounded screws at hand. The large fairing screws are good for that.

Glad I could Help Flash2Pass Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Another possibility would be to use a switch that mounts on you brake resevoir ....

Flash2Pass 52-605s

http://www.scootworks.com/shop.cgi/page=partshonmirror.htm

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page the item is shown... they make one for the left and right hand side. A bit expensive at around 68 dollars.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Dennis thanks I'll give it a try.Two things I should point out Flash2Pass states it is a non-polarized unit and not to ground to frame.But hay I'll try almost anything.Thanks Scooterbob for the link,but I was thinking of keeping it in the right hand control unit. Will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 am

Talking about switches on top of the brake reservoir reminded me that the Silverwing's master cylinder tops are the same as GL1200 and GL1500 and the 1800 Goldwing reservoirs. There are lots of accessories for those bikes such as switches and fancy lids. You can find lots of stuff online for GWs. Try Vencowings or Cycle Max for a couple sources.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:11 am

scooterbob, Those are nice units but the switchs they use are just toggle ON/OFF switchs. In this application a momentary push botton switch would be called for.

The sending unit needs three things to work, Power, Ground, and a Switch.

Good Luck on your project.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Dennis I got it, thank you for the help.What I did was supply power to one wire and ground to the other,with a momentary switch in line with the ground.Works great!Again thanks a lot.
Roger
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi Roger,

Glad to here you got it installed. If you get a chance can you take some pictures of your switch location so we can all see.

Thank You
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Flash2Pass Icon_rolleyes Ahh,but I didn't say I got it installed,I said "I got IT! Flash2Pass Icon_razz
It was cutting in to my riding time.So after getting it to work the way I wanted I sat everything to the side and went for a ride to celebrate.
When I take the time to install the wiring and switch I will try to post Pic's{if I can get a friend to take the pic's.}I already have a switch I plan to put in the blank above the starter switch.I hope to pull a fused wire from the batt.to front for a lighter in the left glove-box and tap off that.
Roger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flash2Pass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash2Pass   Flash2Pass I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash2Pass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: