Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» what grade of fuel does everyone use?
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Today at 7:07 pm

» SWing 600 windshield help
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Murf Today at 4:57 pm

» Looking at a SWing this weekend
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Murf Today at 4:51 pm

» Dr pulley sliders.
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:32 pm

» NQiGTS Pro Electric Scooter
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby sc00ter Today at 11:43 am

» Silverwing Body Plastic Expert needed
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby GaryC Today at 10:18 am

» Denali DLR Light Pods
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Osprey Today at 8:17 am

» Car tire on a trike?
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» Techron in my tank
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Hello from BC Canada
Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 1:23 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Corbin saddle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michel Vachon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2019-03-26

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 7:23 pm

Hello every one !

I have a Corbin saddle for sale. I bought it last winter from Delray in Florida and pic it up on my way there for Chrismast brake. The saddle is kind of Burgandy bomber jacket on the top and the side are black.

I will sell it for the price I paid for because I used it for a 25 miles ride only. I paid 400$ Us fund and if you want, you can ask Delray who is also a member here no problem at all.   (I know they cost 595.$ now).

Why am I selling it ? The guy I bought from Delray (Mike), is a tall guy and he had it made for him with a 2 inch  further for driver lower back rest. I just install it on my SW and  my lower back don't even touch the lower back rest  part. Due to my herniated disk recovery, I really need to have my lower back rest on this one. so I immediately removed it from the scooter and it is now for sale. Ps; there is place to  put in a passenger back rest.

Shipping cost will be at your expense and I won't charge to make a box for shipping.

Michel

Corbin saddle Img_2812
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 11:33 am

Happy to vouch for my man Michel -- a good dude.

I bought the seat new in 2018 from Corbin for $593 + $45 tax + $65 shipping = $703, so this is an exceptional deal. Not a lot of miles on it; I had it for several months before falling in love with BMW's big scooter.

Official color is Red Bomber Jacket. Corbin calls the leather "distressed" so it looks well worn, even though it's new.

SUPER comfortable. The longer you ride, the better it feels because it has double the foam density of a stock seat. That means the seat doesn't sag but continues to support your spine.

Ideal for tall riders. I'm 6'1" and could stretch out my legs fully, which really helps on long rides. If you're over 6'2" and tired of banging your knees on the dash, this is your seat.

Here's a pic of it on my black 2012 Silver Wing ...

Corbin saddle Eeb8d610
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi all,

Alot of new riders since a couple weeks so just turning the advertise....

Michel
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 1:25 am

Hmmm... Giving some thought to that Corbin seat. Had one on my R1100RT and was very happy with it for years, including trips from MI to Yellowstone, the Space Coast, and several times up and down the Appalachians. I'm a tall guy and would prefer the handlebars be further away from me than is the case with my Swing's stock configuration. Any comments on the passenger accommodations, given the adjustment to the front measurements? This would be important to my wife, who rides with me often.
The seat looks as though it is slightly forward-leaning from the angle you have photographed it. Is this accurate or just an optical delusion?
Finally, Corbins can be a little heavier than stock. Will the stock seat piston still hold this one open?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3518
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 4:33 am

My wife used to ride and tour with me on my Silver Wing and she preferred the comfort and narrower width of the rear seat with integrated butt stop, and rear foot pegs to the Burgman 650 we toured on previously.

Now she's hung up her helmet, her interest is now cycle touring and she's going off in a few days for a weeks touring the coast of Holland, riding something called a 'gravel bike'.
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:10 am

Bearly the biker wrote:
Hmmm... Giving some thought to that Corbin seat. Had one on my R1100RT and was very happy with it for years, including trips from MI to Yellowstone, the Space Coast, and several times up and down the Appalachians. I'm a tall guy and would prefer the handlebars be further away from me than is the case with my Swing's stock configuration. Any comments on the passenger accommodations, given the adjustment to the front measurements? This would be important to my wife, who rides with me often.
The seat looks as though it is slightly forward-leaning from the angle you have photographed it. Is this accurate or just an optical delusion?
Finally, Corbins can be a little heavier than stock. Will the stock seat piston still hold this one open?

Hello Jim,
(Bearly the biker)

I sent you a PM  (private message)  regarding your request.

Michel
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 2:19 pm

Thanks for the response! Im a newby here, so I can't respond by PM until I've got 5 posts (?!). If you are willing, please PM me with an email address, and we can carry on from there.
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 4:10 pm

I just sent you my email Jim !

Michel
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Nice looking seat. I had one just a tad brighter red from Corbin on my red Silverwing. It also had black stitching and piping. Looked and felt great. Wish I still had it, very comfortable.

The Corbin seat fit very well on the Silverwing. When I bought my BMW650GT I put a Corbin seat on that bike but the fit on the bike wasn't near as good. It really didn't fit very well at the front end where the hinge action is. In fact I took it back off and replaced the BMW seat on the scooter.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am

Michel, just to be clear. I see the rear insert hole for a passenger backrest. I do not see a front insert hole to add a drivers backrest. Am I correct?

I remember Corbin stating they manufacture all their seats to accept front and rear backrest inserts unless the customer specifically asks the hardware not be installed. Maybe the front hole is simply covered over and the hardware is beneath it?

Can you clarify? Thx.
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 12:41 pm

As explained to me by Michel, this saddle is custom, with the rider portion extended back for taller riders. That eliminated the space for the usual back rest slot. I'm 6'3", and really feel the stock seat's limitations, so that's just fine for me. While I prefer backrests on my BMWs, I bought the Silverwing for 2-up day trips from our motorhome, so the back rest for me was not a requirement. And my wife has the option for a backrest if we leave the top box off.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Bearly the biker wrote:
As explained to me by Michel, this saddle is custom, with the rider portion extended back for taller riders. That eliminated the space for the usual back rest slot.

Thanks for the explanation Jim. That makes sense. I assume you bought this seat from Michel then?
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 2:07 pm

I did. I haven't got it yet, but am looking forward.
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Received and installed the Corbin today. What a difference! Exactly as described, and perfect for my height and arm length. A truly great addition to my Wing.

Thank you Mike and Michel for all the help with description and history!
Back to top Go down
Bearly the biker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Just got off the first ride with my wife on board, and we love the Corbin seat! Very glad to have made that upgrade.

One more addition - a Givi adjustable windshield - should get the bike set up just as we need it.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 12:58 pm

"Thank you Mike and Michel for all the help with description and history!"

So glad it found a good home and is appreciated and enjoyed!

Pics ... we need pics!
Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 8:45 pm

Sorry for my late reaction, the power supply of my computer fail. Just finish install a use one from a friend.

Very happy to ear that your wife and you are almost in love with the sadlle... I surely will enjoy my next one ... Will order in a couple days 100% sure... the worst part is the 6 weeks before getting it here...

Michel

Last edited by Michel Vachon on Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-09-07

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Meldrew,

Love the new Pic, I'm sure it fits you to a tee. By the way, what is a "Gravel Bike"

Many thanks

Jon

Send a pic?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3518
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Corbin saddle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corbin saddle   Corbin saddle I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2020 4:13 am

janitorj1 wrote:
Meldrew,

Love the new Pic, I'm sure it fits you to a tee.  By the way, what is a "Gravel Bike"

Many thanks

Jon

Send a pic?

Hello mate, a gravel bike is the name conjured up for a all terrain version of a drop handlebar push bike with derailleur gears, a narrow seat and wider tyres.

Back to top Go down

Corbin saddle
Page 1 of 1