Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

how to check the earth on bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2019-09-12

how to check the earth on bike Empty
PostSubject: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 12:56 pm

When I push the start button, the headlight dims but, nothing happens, like the bike does not start. I am thinking an earth problem but dont know where to look for the earth cable on bike.

Any help please.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi,

Check the interlock switch on the left lever is actuating correctly.

Listen for the click.
Back to top Go down
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 1:49 pm

Thanks Jamie for the reply.
Yup, its clicking. Starter button is just dead.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 2:09 pm

You have got the side stand up haven't you ?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm

To check the earth attach an ohm meter wire to the negative wire at the battery. Attach the other ohm meter wire to a bare metal part of the frame or engine. The ohm meter should read “zero” or something very close to that. 

Meanwhile double check that left lever switch. There are two circuits in that tiny switch. One is brake light, the other is start interlock. You might take the switch down and spritz it with CRC Contact Cleaner or WD-40. 

THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS TEST. Perform at your own risk. If the above doesn’t work you could disconnect the start interlock wires and temporarily hook them together and seem if that solves your problem. Please make sure your hand is gripping the brake lever when you attempt this test, or that the bike is on the center stand. Otherwise the bike will start and will launch forward on its own. That switch is a safety feature and is there to insure that the brake is ON when the motor starts.
Back to top Go down
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

terrier wrote:
You have got the side stand up haven't you ?

Yes, side stand up. 👍
Back to top Go down
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
To check the earth attach an ohm meter wire to the negative wire at the battery. Attach the other ohm meter wire to a bare metal part of the frame or engine. The ohm meter should read “zero” or something very close to that. 

Meanwhile double check that left lever switch. There are two circuits in that tiny switch. One is brake light, the other is start interlock. You might take the switch down and spritz it with CRC Contact Cleaner or WD-40. 

THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS TEST. Perform at your own risk. If the above doesn’t work you could disconnect the start interlock wires and temporarily hook them together and seem if that solves your problem. Please make sure your hand is gripping the brake lever when you attempt this test, or that the bike is on the center stand. Otherwise the bike will start and will launch forward on its own. That switch is a safety feature and is there to insure that the brake is ON when the motor starts.

Thanks for the info, will look tomorrow 👍
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2020 11:44 pm

Checking the earth on the bike is going to take a LOT of gas. You might just want to use Google Earth.
Back to top Go down
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:08 am

exavid wrote:
Checking the earth on the bike is going to take a LOT of gas. You might just want to use Google Earth.

Now THAT would be a ride!!
Back to top Go down
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:11 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Thought that I had replied, but cannot see it, so, again thanks for all your help, took the wires off and BINGO!! it started.

I am guessing that I can ride the bike with the two wires joined together until I can get a new switch, would that be correct?
Back to top Go down
Billy23
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Thanks guys, problem solved, cleaned the switch and bike starts.

Thanks for all the help offered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to check the earth on bike   how to check the earth on bike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to check the earth on bike
Page 1 of 1