Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from NY

Go down 
+8
Michel Vachon
Mech 1 twa
Osprey
Dale N.
"Hi Yo"
oldwingguy
Delray
Simanga
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Simanga
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-02-26

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi I’m Simanga. I recently bought a 2006 Swing. There’s still snow on the ground here so I haven’t ridden it yet. Hopefully I can get my permit this weekend. But now it won’t start. ☹ I’ll look more into it once it warms up.

I’m taking the MSF course in May. April filled up fast here. I won’t register until May, since all registrations expire April 30.

I work pretty much all day M-F so I’m getting things checked off slowly. I have a jacket, next is a good helmet. I haven’t decided on which gloves yet. Then some lower body protection. I’m a girl so it’s not that easy to find what I want. Lol
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 2:00 pm

I'm a fellow Rochesterian now living in South Florida. In June, I will be riding up to Rochacha to spend 4 to 6 weeks there enjoying some of the best riding weather on earth -- also some of the prettiest country around the Finger Lakes.

Enjoy your new Wing! It's a fun, reliable bike.

Mike
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Welcome from o-HI-o Simanga, enjoy the new ride and this helpful site.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from NY  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 4:33 pm

welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Welcome Simanga to the BEST SWing site on the net. I have an 08 SWing that sat for two years under a tarp before I bought it. I'm actually blessed that I didn't have many problems with it. My problems are/were mostly routine maintenance. I learned a lot on how to work on my SWing just by being a member here. Lots of info and people ready to help. The Search box at the top left of the page is a great tool for finding information on most any problem.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Welcome Simanga and there is plenty of help available on this site.

I too am female and small. Finding gear that fits isn't as easy but it is out there. The one thing I learned the hard way is helmet fit depends on the shape of your head and not just the size. There is round, semi-round, and oval. So, really check that out as you look for safe head gear.

You're going to love your new ride!

Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Welcome. SW is a great ride and works for beginners and riders with many miles. A new battery and fresh fuel I'm sure it will be Okay. Local dealer has a Training course and I've watched them a few times riding around parking lot, a good place to learn. It's like anything else in life learning is the hardest part.

It's an addiction if you love it. Many of the best times I've had were on 2 wheels.

Back to top Go down
Michel Vachon
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2019-03-26

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello and welcome Simanga !

Hope you'll enjoy the site as much as I do. Alot of info a good fellow... Hope to see you one of these day.
Michel
Granby, Qc.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 4:16 am

Simanga,
Welcome to this forum. I am surprised no one responded to your starting problem. Try this first.. Turn on the key and hold the left brake very TIGHT. Now press the start button. If that didn't work, check if the engine kill switch on the right handle bar is on. Should be off. If that still didn't fix it, exercise the side kick stand. The stand needs to be retracted for the bike to start. Some times the switch on the side stand misbehaves.
Get back to this forum after trying the three things I suggested. Next procedures get more difficult. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Simanga
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 7:10 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Delray, I’m originally from N. Florida. I wish I was there now.

Osprey, I did see that about head shapes. I’m a YouTube addict. Lol

Easyrider, that’s ok. I was just introducing myself. The bike turns on, just won’t start. Don’t worry I’ll dig into it once the weather is better. My garage isn’t heated. I’m pretty good at mechanical things. So I’m sure I’ll get it started eventually.

Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 7:54 am

"I’m originally from N. Florida. I wish I was there now."

I bet you do. What part of North Florida? I just did a big advertising project and was in (inland) North Florida a lot, from Tallahassee to Lake City. Beautiful country. Lots of forests and rivers and ranches. It's more Deep South than tropical Florida. I know it can get a little chilly there in the winter, although nothing like Rochester. That's professional cold.

Saturday I am riding north to Ormond Beach to have a Corbin seat put on my Burgman 650. The seat is easy to install, 4 bolts like a Silver Wing, just unplug and re-plug the light and heating elements. It's mostly a nice excuse for a long ride. This is the time to do it in Florida.
Back to top Go down
Lechettan
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2020-02-18

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 9:38 am

Welcome !
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Yeah Simanga , Rochester gets pretty cold. I'm from the Hudson Valley near Hudson and miss the scenery in the Adirondacks , the Finger Lakes ect. Easyrider gave you a few wise tips on why it won't start. Good luck and welcome...Al
Back to top Go down
Simanga
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 5:35 pm

Delray I’m Originally from Jacksonville, but also lived in Orlando. It’s 19 here now, 9 with wind chill. I can’t wait to ride! I just got my permit today.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1381
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 8:40 pm

No hills or turns in Florida  OR snow hard decision where to live. Weather is tough up on Great Lakes it's cold and snow is amazing at times.    PA. also has some great roads just ride south.    
It's cold here in Allentown last few days high 32°F today and windy.

Hello from NY  Imgp0310

This photo is older flash made large flakes look like fire snow.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:55 am

"I’m Originally from Jacksonville, but also lived in Orlando."

I woke up in Titusville on Friday morning. Good news: my hotel room was bathed in the warm glow of yellow light from the Waffle House next door. Any road trip for me necessitates cheesy scrambled eggs, hash browns, raisin toast with apple butter and orange juice. On top of that, there was a Starbucks right across the street for my morning Chai tea.

Bad news: it was 41 degrees when I set off at 8:00! I rode 55 miles to the Corbin showroom in Ormond Beach. It wasn't terrible; I had lots of layers on. I rode on chilly nights many, many times in Rochester trying to extend the riding season or get a jump on it.
Back to top Go down
minimac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 9:03 am

Welcome from another newbie here and Upstater. Oswego, but snowbirding in central Fl. Will be back mid-April.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from NY  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from NY    Hello from NY  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from NY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: