Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SWing Deflectors

Go down 
+2
GoonerKev
CanadaSilverwinger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CanadaSilverwinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-03-02

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 6:37 am

Hello I am Charles Pedley from Niagara near the big thunder. I owned and loved my Swing but could not find one with low mileage when mine was getting up there. I wanted a low km bike to keep until I was too old to ride anymore:) So I started looking at Burgmans and found a fantastic deal for me: A 2009 Burgman 650 Exec with heaters and the works with only 8457 km on it! Had to buy!

Just before that I had purchased these wind deflectors made for the Swing and work fantastically to keep the legs a bit warmer on those cool or cold days. These are brand new. I had a set of the ones for the Burgman and it made a fantastic difference!

I bought them and imported them from Dobie I think they are called from UK. Now I have brand new deflectors for Swing with no use. If someone can use them I paid the equivalent of $279 CAD. That works out to about $210 USD.

I am willing to accept an offer of lower because obviously I do not need them. Never used and in the box. Contact cp@cpedley.com Phone toll-free US & Canada 1-877-469-3017. Busy guy so leave a message if interested. Live in postal code L0S 1E2, Fonthill ON. Nearby Swingers could save if you wanted to come up to Niagara Falls as we are 20 minutes from the big thunder.
First Come, first served.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 7:06 am

That will be "Doble Honda" from Coulsdon UK, 6 miles up the road from me, hope you sell them Wink
Back to top Go down
Racer83L
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2020-01-17

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 9:47 am

You mind posting some photos?
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1553
Registration date : 2016-10-01

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 4:09 pm

That does sound like a lot bud. Second-hand, unused I would expect to pay £100 or so....which I actually did. Maybe you could haggle with some forum members as these deflectors a are a nice addition to the SW.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Looking at one of my old posts, it seems I paid £78 for the Honda lower leg wind deflectors I had fitted to my then new Silver Wing way back in 2010. I also remember a couple of US members buying a set from Chiswick Honda for around £107, of course most U.K. Honda dealers would had them in stock as they were Genuine Honda Accessories for the FJS  Silver Wing which was in our showrooms basically unchanged for almost 16 years.

I also remember the general reluctance of forum members  to buy and import these two bits of expensive plastic from the U.K. when they were £107, and resentment that they were never made available for the FSC Silver Wing over the Pond.

I have to say the ones being offered for sale seem very expensive, but these Honda wind deflectors do work and I never regretted having mine fitted.

(I had to smile when the OP mentioned the 650 Burgman. I had a '08 650 Burgman Executive before I bought a Silver Wing. I bought a set of genuine Suzuki lower leg wind deflectors for it, visually the looked the dogs doodah's and were a lot more substantial than the minimalistic Honda ones.

I fitted them and went for a ride, I found out the first time I stopped that if you ride feet forward, and try and put your feet down as normal, you can’t, the wind deflectors prevent it. You have to bring your feet back out first and then down, and if you're not quick about it the lardass Burgman will topple over with you on it.

Luckily I got my feet out and down it time to prevent it. I removed the wind deflectors the next day and they've been in one of the storage boxes in my garage ever since.)
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm interested. Sent Gmail Very hard to find in US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWing Deflectors Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWing Deflectors   SWing Deflectors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWing Deflectors
Page 1 of 1