Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newbie from South Africa
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby FrancoisJ Today at 7:20 am

» new belt on
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 5:57 am

» Sold the Silverwing.
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby JamieB Yesterday at 12:10 pm

» Mystery wires under front cover
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:17 pm

» Just joined
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm

» Bank Robery
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:25 pm

» Hello from southeast PA
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby bikeman Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:51 pm

» Ultimate Touring Machine!
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 pm

» Weight gain in 2005
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:55 am

» USA State Poll
New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Stablemate for the Swing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Stablemate for the Swing Empty
PostSubject: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I have purchased a 1964 Harley Davidson Topper with under 3000 miles on it. Pretty decent shape but has not been started since 1968 which is the VA plate that is still on it. Clutch went out on it and they parked it. Owned by a father and son since new. It has been stored inside. Can you folks remember Kookie (77 Sunset Strip) riding one of these during the TV series? Take care, Dick

New Stablemate for the Swing 1964_h11
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Sorry gang, the Topper should have been sent to the "Other Scooters" section. Jeff if you can change it feel free to do so. Dick
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Dick,

Looks like it's in good shape. You don't see to many of these around any more. Can you post more pictures of this scooter when you get the time.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:46 pm

What are your plans? Are you going to get it running and ride it? Sounds like a fun project...
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:53 pm

I do intend to get it running and ride it. However I will await warmer weather to start on it. It does still turn over and instead of having a kick starter it pulls with a rope just like a lawn mower. It is 165cc and a 2 stroke so the pulling effort isn't much. I will post more when I get started on this project. Dick
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2454
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm

dickie wrote:
I have purchased a 1964 Harley Davidson Topper with under 3000 miles on it. Pretty decent shape but has not been started since 1968 which is the VA plate that is still on it. Clutch went out on it and they parked it.

I thought the Harley Davidson Topper is turning into a collectors item?? Is the Topper's value increasing? At 3,000 miles this may be a rare find.

Can you still get Topper parts??
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 pm

honda_silver wrote:
dickie wrote:
I have purchased a 1964 Harley Davidson Topper with under 3000 miles on it. Pretty decent shape but has not been started since 1968 which is the VA plate that is still on it. Clutch went out on it and they parked it.

I thought the Harley Davidson Topper is turning into a collectors item?? Is the Topper's value increasing? At 3,000 miles this may be a rare find.

Honda_ Silver
I believe collector status is in the eye of the buyer. Usually when I have an old motorcycle it's considered pretty much junk. After I sell them then the same people claim it's a collectors item....I just think it's neat....Dick

Can you still get Topper parts??

I have found a few sites online where some parts can be purchased although I do believe parts will be a challenge. I have ordered a parts and a service manual so far.

Take care...Dick
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Stablemate for the Swing   New Stablemate for the Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:13 pm

I promise - you will turn heads if you show up at a Harley ride with this.

I could imagine some yuppie ridin' Harley guy with more money than brains would pay stupid money for this l'il gem after you got it running. New Stablemate for the Swing Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

New Stablemate for the Swing
Page 1 of 1