Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 8:21 am

» New member from Europe
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 7:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:56 am

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 am

» Hello everyone
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Switching rides.

Go down 
+5
john grinsel
Meldrew
Dale N.
Cosmic_Jumper
cotetoi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 11:51 am

It has given me great pleasure knowing a great bunch of people on this site, and I have learned a lot over the years. However, I am getting a Burgman 400 today ( if everything goes well) traded for my SWing. It is a 2013 with 25000 km and owned by an older senior than myself. Has the usual battle scars, but it camouflages the scars really well, shiny black. A broken lower panel was not done very surgically, so I'll have to dremel that.
On top of all, the shop is taking my SWing in trade ! I got it from them 3 years ago ! I am happy with the deal, and hope the 400 serves me well for a few years.
I want to thank Tim and all the moderators for the wonderful work they do. Bye for now !

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 1:14 pm

Best o'' luck with your new Burgy, Jay. You've been a great asset to this this forum.

Here's hoping this is au revoir not goodbye.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-14

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 1:31 pm

Sounds like a nice ride Jay. Do show some pics of it once you get it and let us know how it's going.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4171
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 1:37 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Best o'' luck with your new Burgy, Jay. You've been a great asset to this this forum.

Here's hoping this is au revoir not goodbye.

Tim

Isn't there a vacancy for a Visiting Canadian Curmudgeon?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Think you will enjoy Burgman 400---I had 2 new ones and in some ways they were well suited for my type of riding----I like the dash features. Long term they do not seem to be as reliable as Hondas, but as mine were new warranty covered any that broke/went wrong.

Big and useful underseat storage. Good gas mileage. Not so much fun to work on.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Isn't there a vacancy for a Visiting Canadian Curmudgeon?

Ahem... The honorarium, Curmudgeon, is not conferred willy nilly. It takes a lot of opinionated grumbling and years of time to earn that status.

Your motion in this matter is duly noted.

Tim
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 8:50 pm

Jay, you didn't read the small print bud, it's very much like the Hotel California here .............

We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 9:36 pm

I better up my game if I am to qualify for the honorarium ! However, my first impressions of the Burgie are favorable, notwithstanding the nearly flat rear tire. Apparently, the service guys did not pay attention to the salesman request to get the bike ready this morning. I got a test run, thinking the bike was made ready, I just hopped on and took off. Noticed a squiggly turn at speed: put it down to new handling of a new-to-me bike, or a rear suspension too soft for my liking. I just happened to kick the rear tire at a stop, and it sounded hollow. Bad sign. Rode it gingerly back to the dealer: service guy checks the pressure: 7 lbs. Topped it up to 27. ( Tires are new IRC Hoops ).I discussed this with the salesman, he'll honor the agreement if the tire is bad over the next 7 days. He'll leave word with the crew tonight in case he's out when I go in.
I bought the bike because the deal is sweet. Besides, where do you get your used bike taken in trade for a used bike ?

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 am

[quote="The Bern"]Jay, you didn't read the small print bud, it's very much like the Hotel California here  .............

We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave[/quote

Great Album. Still have it in vinyl.

Enjoy new ride. Two wheels are better than NO wheels.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 7:04 pm

Speaking of switching rides looks like I've sold my BMW and going back to the Silverwing. I just haven't been riding the BMW on long trips, mostly just short errands so really don't need such a big, heavy scooter anymore. Mostly a problem of advancing age and disability.

I'm taking a look at a nicely kept 2007 SW it's got some miles on it but looks good. SW's are a lot easier to work on than my BMW is. I've changed  drive belts on SWs which aren't difficult but that kind of a a job on the BMW is much more intensive. I believe parts for the SWs will be available from various sources for some time yet. So it's time to go back to the smaller, lighter scooter.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2019-04-14

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 12:28 pm

If all goes well my 2014 bmw f800 gt will have a new owner tomorrow! Am going to look at a well kept 1981Honda gl 500 next week. Bmw never tripped my trigger like I thought it would. Did a 189 mile burger ride yesterday on the Silverwing. Enjoy the day! Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Switching rides. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switching rides.   Switching rides. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switching rides.
Page 1 of 1