Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Freddyblue Introduction and a question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
freddyblue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-07-04

Freddyblue Introduction and a question Empty
PostSubject: I'm a newbie   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 2:06 am

Hello everyone. My name is Freddy and I live in San Francisco. My sister just sent me a 2003 non- ABS Silverwing. DMV wants the engine serial number and I fear it is hidden behind a plastic body panel. I would love to know 3 things. Which panels need to be removed? How many digits and letters make up the engine serial number and does it begin with any specific letters or numbers? I would sure appreciate some help and guidance. Truly excited to be a new Silverwing owner! Thanks to any who might offer assistance
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Freddyblue Introduction and a question   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 4:24 am

Fear not young Frederick, no panels need to be harmed looking for the engine serial number. It's stamped on the left crankcase, although I've no idea of the number of digits and letters, because I sold my Silver Wing late last year to get a new Forza 300 and take up my appointment as Visiting Curmudgeon.

While I've got the old Commodore 64 fired up, I may as well let you know that the Vehicle Indentification Number (VIN) is located on the front air duct cover, and the frame number is stamped on the right side of the frame.
Back to top Go down
freddyblue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Freddyblue Introduction and a question   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 10:37 am

Thanks Meldrew, but for the life of me I can't see that engine #. A relief to know that no body plastic has to come off. Again, thanks for the reply
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Freddyblue Introduction and a question   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 11:33 am

It's not easy to see/read unless it's up on a bike bench bud, it's in line with & ahead of the centre stand fixing bolts. Probably a lot easier if you remove the left side foot mat & lower panel, which is quite an easy job, that way you can clean off any crud that may have built up on the stamped area.
Back to top Go down
freddyblue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Freddyblue Introduction and a question   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks The Bern. You say easy. Hex keys and screwdriver easy? Also, really want to know how many numbers or letters in the serial. Does it begin with the same letter or number. Someone told me that since it is so difficult to see and get to on many bikes and scooters, you can tell them the number and that will suffice. Please get back to me and thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Freddyblue Introduction and a question   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 8:05 am

Freddy, freddy... You've managed to hijack your own introduction with two other topics. I've split your Introduction and included your other questions in seperate topics.

Going forward click on that blue New Topic tab above to create a New Topic for, ahem, new topics. That way, should the need arise, the topic will be so much easier locate in the future.

Tim.

PS: Oh, and I've temporarily locked this post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freddyblue Introduction and a question   Freddyblue Introduction and a question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freddyblue Introduction and a question
Page 1 of 1