Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Great ride today I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Great ride today

Go down 
+5
JohnyC
MikeO
john grinsel
gustav
oldwingguy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 6:45 pm

171.2 miles, reserve bar started flashing at 166 miles. My friend took me over o-HI-o's newest hiway # 823 designated as the 23 bypass running from Portsmouth at the o-HI-o river to near Waverly, normally I don't mention riding a 4 lane divided road but this one is a good one, it's cut through some of our bigger hills, 42 cuts showing the complex geology of the region, some of the cuts rising up over a 100 feet above the road that was already built up over the valleys. The remainder of the ride was on two lanes following the Scioto river and the old o-HI-o to Erie canal system.
Back to top Go down
gustav
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2019-04-13

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Nice! Rain, rain, rain & more rain in Iowa.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 4:40 am

Rain---why not ride in it? Right clothes including rubber boots makes it ok.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1550
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Just had one of those days when the SW excels. Took a 40 mile ride through a couple of small towns and some open country roads before joining a dual-carriageway for some unexpected reciprocal fun with an Audi TT.

The traffic was light, everyone was moving at a very sociable speed, sun shining and a cool airspeed to make it just right.

During the ride I came up behind a motorcycle from Greece, (not the film). I'm sure it was two Ladies onboard. They were cruising along and as I slowly overtook them I gave them a wave. I can't be sure what the bike was, but it looked like one of those Kymco type custom jobs. The engine didn't look very big (125cc?) but they were loaded up with enough stuff for a sabbatical.

Just one of those 'Gem' days when I'm glad I have my SW. AS for those chicks from Greece...'helmets-off to 'em'. small moped
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2021 2:42 am

I’m currently in Rhodes, Greece with Mrs M. Want to see battle scarred old scooters ridden by bare headed locals in vests, shorts, and flip-flops carrying the occasional 10kg propane cylinder across the footboards on the narrow and bumpy stone paved streets of Rhodes Old Town, scattering tourists perusing shop full of tat, this is the place.  🇬🇷
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 2:00 pm

Only about 6 miles through the countryside with pillion. Over Beachy Head, (not literally!) where it was cold and foggy. Off into the country, where it was sunny and warmer and the SW behaved superbly. I had my (disabled) Partner, Allie, on the back and it made me think that the SW rides better with pillion onboard.

If you think that the SW has a rather bumpy ride to it, tighten up the rear shocks and stick a Girlie on the back!

We're expecting a week of wet weather ahead so we needed to get our fix while the sun shines.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 3:04 pm

That sounds very good!
The weather up here's been similar: cold, mist and fog on the coast but much warmer not far inland.

I've decided to stay off the Forza for the next few days; if I fall off there won't be any doctors working to mend me. Sad
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
If you think that the SW has a rather bumpy ride to it, tighten up the rear shocks and stick a Girlie on the back!  

That's what you're recommended to do in the Owner’s Handbook anyway, as well as upping the front and rear tyre pressures.

I always did that with Mrs M for trips out and tours on the Silver Wing and had no problems at all. I carried out the same procedure as recommended in the Handbooks with previously owned 400 and 650 Burgmans when carrying Mrs M.

Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2023 3:02 am

My manual doesn't say anything about sticking a Girlie on the back! I just used my initiative Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2023 4:01 am

Mine didn't either.  In the easily offended world we all live in now, it seems calling a woman a Girlie is considered both derogatory and offensive, even if it's meant as a term of affection.

Talking about offensive, since April 1st the black visored throttle jockeys have surfaced for the next six months or so. Most of them must have saved up their money to buy loud, very loud exhausts. You know, the ones with big logos stamped one them.

Over Easter there's been packs of these weevil dicked bell ends out in groups assaulting the eardrums as they ride to and from the local bike dealership to show off to other members of their tribe.

Sir David Attenborough has missed a trick by not doing a series on them.
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2022-12-23

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2023 6:45 am

"Sir David Attenborough has missed a trick by not doing a series on them"

Agree 100 %
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2023 6:47 am

Meldrew wrote:

Over Easter there's been packs of these weevil dicked bell ends out in groups assaulting the eardrums as they ride to and from the local bike dealership to show off to other members of their tribe.

Sir David Attenborough has missed a trick by not doing a series on them.

Meldrew, this is GREAT. Sir David should look into this series, he's done most everything else Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2023 1:51 pm

Thanks, it's interesting that after hearing and seeing these bikers all over this Easter weekend because of fine weather. Because overnight and today it rained on and off until mid afternoon when it brightened up.

So today I haven't heard one loud exhaust at all, and no riders passed me when I was out earlier.

Last edited by Meldrew on Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2023 4:25 pm

Fair weather riders ay? What can you do with them?
Back to top Go down
Salth2ofish
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2021-05-01

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 7:55 pm

Never ridden a “pillion” , but 100lbs of chicken feed does NOT cooperate in the curves or at a stop. Dead weight stacked that high is not recommended!!!!!! Made it home safely.Great ride today 702f7410Great ride today 702f7410
Great ride today B73d2d10
Back to top Go down
Salth2ofish
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2021-05-01

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 7:57 pm

Oh yeah, that’s not my house in the pic, just a cool photo op.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2023 9:57 pm

I only rode with the wife on as pillion ONCE! Actually she and I exceed the max weight by quite a bit, in addition her arthritis makes mounting and dismounting very difficult. On my old GL1800 that I had for 5 years she rode with me three times. And the Goldwing is much better for that. Same problem with her arthritis, hopefully the trike will help this situation as she can mount and dismount OK. Sigh.

Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 4:38 pm

Had a 100 mile round trip yesterday, (hospital appointment) and with light traffic, sunshine and perfect temperature, it made for a great ride. I could have ridden all day long. Days like this make the SW a great choice of mount.

I'm planning a ride to McDonald's at East Grinstead with my Girlie on the back. It's a practice run of stopping for petrol and toilet conveniences for my disabled Girlie so that we can plan a visit to Belgium this summer. Much logistics involved.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2023 2:58 pm

I went out on the SW just to do some shopping when I was possessed by an uncontrollable urge to go down a road which I've never been down before.

Wow!..perfect weather, lovely roads (mostly), countryside, small villages and I went past the old Royal Observatory at Herstmonceux. I knew I'd have to visit there, 'one of these days', but I didn't realize it was so near from home.

It must go down as a great ride small moped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great ride today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great ride today   Great ride today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great ride today
Page 1 of 1