Since most on this forum are old/old farts or act old, as old fart who has been riding everyday since 1955 would like to pass on some tips I've learned---I will be 80 in May.
1. You are only as old as you feel. I have lived thru 20 years of military/stroke and heart attack/chemical exposure and still feel fine because I want to.
2. Aging eyes---get them fixed. I had surgery a couple of years ago when I did not know I needed it---restored vision to 20/20...I did not take the more expensive option of using no reading glasses. I should have.
3. Never trust Doctors in US--US ranks 36th in the world, TN 46th in US=really not great. I get pills from only one Internal Medicine DR, and then another Dr at the VA checks his works---seems to work. Over 75 in TN everybody wants to give you pills...people do not live very long here.
4. Riding and peeing often--Cialis seems to fix that.
5. For me good day of 8-10 hours riding, get tired---I can sleep all nite without getting up. This does not happen at home.
6. Good riding/rain clothes/warm do wonders.
7. proper boots(lace on safest) rubber boots for rain work and of course good rubber soles that do not slip when you put your foot/feet down.
8. practice your riding skills take a course if you can....learning how to do it right.
Never done it before (long trips) etc just do it---can be fun!
I fall to sleep just sitting at home