Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Cincinnati

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Hello from Cincinnati Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Just wanting to say hi, and thank you all for having this site. I am 52 and have been riding all my life. This year I have been wanting to down size from a big crusier. After lots of looking around I decided to go with a Silver Wing. I have been reading your site and really appreciate all the info here to help me decide on the honda over the burgman. I just like the simplicity of the honda drive system. And it sure is fun just to hop on and go. It is just plsin fun to ride, and so quiet... I had to drive 150 miles to get a nice one but I think it was worth it after looking at a few local ones for sale and being disapointed. I bought a 2013 abs with 1500 miles...

I ordered mirror extenders due to being wider than the mirrors, a givi passanger backerst for the wife, and a blank spair key to get cut befor I loose my only key Smile
the only thing else I think I want is the big givi windsheild, but i have to save a little more cash....

Any advice for a new scooter owner appreciated Laughing

Thank you
Dan
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi DLK and welcome to the best SWing site on the net. I know that the more you ride your SWing the more you'll like it. It's a very reliable and fun machine. I've learned a lot just by being a member here. I put extenders on my mirrors also and like them. On my top box I have 4 weather proof speakers with a Bluetooth receiver and Amp. I have a Ram mount between the handlebars where I mount my Mp3 player with Bluetooth transmitter so I can listen to my tunes while going down the road. It works pretty nice.
I have an 08 SWing that I had converted over to a trike last winter. It takes a bit of getting used to but I'm not sorry for doing it.

Hello from Cincinnati Coborn19
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:36 pm

Hello DLK. Welcome to the forum. 

Regarding upgrading the windscreen; the consensus here is that the Givi Air Flow (AF214) with its adjustable upper half is the way to go. The laminar air flow tends to lessen the "barn door in a wind storm" effect over that of the solid windscreens. Well worth the extra investment.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 11:27 am

Welcome to the site DLK, using the search engine will open the door to many of your questions, but don't hesitate to ask there are many here to help.
Back to top Go down
Skynight
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Skynight

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi dan, and welcome from a newbie . My wife loves Cincy a d we travel there often! We are about four hours south in ky, near the tenn line!
Back to top Go down
http://johnbrownlaw.com/
DLK
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DLK

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2019-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 9:40 pm

Skynight wrote:
Hi dan, and welcome from a newbie . My wife loves Cincy a d we travel there often! We are about four hours south in ky, near the tenn line!

thats cool.. hit me up if /when you come to cincy next time Smile welcome to the best forum ever....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cincinnati   Hello from Cincinnati I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Cincinnati
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: