Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Memorial DAY.
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 10:14 pm

» Introduction, because it's the right thing to do.
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby Loosebearing Today at 6:43 pm

» DennisB satnav mount wanted (Calling Meldrew!)
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby Seadog Today at 5:49 pm

» Dr Pulley High Performance Variator Kit For Sale
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby Loosebearing Today at 5:44 pm

» Schuberth!
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 1:40 am

» 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Yesterday at 11:06 pm

» DR Pully and Rider weight...
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Yesterday at 7:30 am

» Brake Bleeding Nightmare
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Yesterday at 7:08 am

» A nice ride out
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Yesterday at 6:48 am

» Fantastic RAM Phone Mount
Commentary section I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 3:03 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share
 

 Commentary section

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sesmith
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 4
Location : Memphis, TN
Points : 85
Registration date : 2019-03-11

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 10:50 pm

I will start a new ad since this one was highjacked.


Last edited by sesmith on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
CathyN

Number of posts : 752
Age : 61
Location : Chicago, IL
Points : 4015
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Do you have any pictures you can post?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3153
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 6365
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 3:33 am

One can't help noticing the current practice of new forum members jumping straight in without the courtesy of an introduction simply to use the forum as a free platform to sell their Silver Wings. Others are using it as a helpline for their technical problems courtesy of Mr Google, then once advice is graciously given or their Silver Wing is sold, they're like Frazier, they leave the building and are never heard from again.

Or is it just me in my default curmudgeon mode? scratch Smile
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3024
Age : 76
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 7148
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 8:27 am

Point taken. No, not your curmudgeon mode. But what do think that "we" can do about this recent discourteousness? It's not as if we can change the forum to something which requires one to write a 25 word essay and do the hokey-pokey before being approved for forum posting. We're not so "exclusive".

I'm open to suggestions.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1236
Age : 72
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 3288
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 am

In all reality about all that can be done would be to remind then of the courtesy of introducing themselves first. Not much else can be done without going to the extreme of banning them for life. The hokey-pokey would be nice tho.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Commentary section 510-80

Number of posts : 2924
Age : 70
Location : Winnsboro, Texas, U.S.A.
Points : 6542
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Meldrew wrote:


Or is it just me in my default curmudgeon mode? scratch Smile


I agree with your point Meldrew, but I believe this poster did an introduction before posting this for sale. If you were generalizing and not targeting this poster, I apologize.

It seems like the scooter would be a good deal for someone in the market and I wish them luck.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 207
Age : 69
Location : Northumberland, UK
Points : 1618
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Meldrew wrote:
One can't help noticing the current practice of new forum members jumping straight in without the courtesy of an introduction simply to use the forum as a free platform to sell their Silver Wings. Others are using it as a helpline for their technical problems courtesy of Mr Google, then once advice is graciously given or their Silver Wing is sold, they're like Frazier, they leave the building and are never heard from again.

Or is it just me in my default curmudgeon mode? scratch Smile

I'm a member of a car forum for the make of car that I drive and it's the same on there. Some will give an introduction such as " Hello, my name is Joe" and that's it or most will join when they have a problem that is going to cost money at the dealers and want a free fix. I'm not against helping anyone out when I can. There was one guy who came on with a problem that he wasn't able to sort himself and was going to cost him a lot at the dealer for what was an hour job. I found that he didn't live a million miles from me so I offered to do the job for him and show him how it was done. He said thank you very much and never turned up and haven't heard from him since. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru


Number of posts : 1221
Location : Hocking Hills U.S.A.
Points : 2595
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 am

terrier wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
One can't help noticing the current practice of new forum members jumping straight in without the courtesy of an introduction simply to use the forum as a free platform to sell their Silver Wings. Others are using it as a helpline for their technical problems courtesy of Mr Google, then once advice is graciously given or their Silver Wing is sold, they're like Frazier, they leave the building and are never heard from again.

Or is it just me in my default curmudgeon mode? scratch Smile

I'm a member of a car forum for the make of car that I drive and it's the same on there.  Some will give an introduction such as " Hello, my name is Joe" and that's it or most will join when they have a problem that is going to cost money at the dealers and want a free fix.  I'm not against helping anyone out when I can.  There was one guy who came on with a problem that he wasn't able to sort himself and was going to cost him a lot at the dealer for what was an hour job.  I found that he didn't live a million miles from me so I offered to do the job for him and show him how it was done.  He said thank you very much and never turned up and haven't heard from him since.  Mad Mad Mad

Hopefully he PIF to someone else in some way. I see this forum like many others AND I look at any helpful information as a PIF to me, believe me when I say this forum has been has been a GREAT HELP to me. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3153
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 6365
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 am

oldwingguy wrote:
Hopefully he PIF to someone else in some way. I  see this forum like many others AND I look at any helpful information as a PIF to me, believe me when I say this forum has been has been a GREAT HELP to me. Thank you.

I'm puzzled here, you assuming everyone on here is expected to know what PIF means, because I don't and I'm probably not the only one.  I could look it up like I did with WTB on the title of another topic a couple of days ago, but I really shouldn't have to, in fact I'm not going to.

Then there's theuse of upper case letters in those two other words, now in forum speak that's considered impolite, it's the online equivalent of shouting.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1236
Age : 72
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 3288
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 am

This will make it clear as mud:
https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PIF
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3153
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 6365
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am

I'm sure it will, but you're guilty of this with ROTFLMBO or similar whenever a lame joke is posted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Site Admin
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1236
Age : 72
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 3288
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I'm sure it will, but you're guilty of this with ROTFLMBO or similar whenever a lame joke is posted. Smile

You're right Meldrew and I'll try to change and spell everything out so everybody understands. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Although not all the jokes are lame. Some are pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru


Number of posts : 1221
Location : Hocking Hills U.S.A.
Points : 2595
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

PIF = Pay It Forward, as in returning an act of kindness.

For the olders among us, ROFLMSOAOACGU = rolling on floor laughing my silly old arse off and can't get up.

Smile
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 734
Location : Telford, UK
Points : 2460
Registration date : 2014-11-20

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 6:04 am

Interested parties, OP has started a new thread (same subject) here .....

https://www.silverwing600.com/t10964-2012-honda-silverwing#111635
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider


Number of posts : 404
Age : 67
Location : Asheville,NC
Points : 2768
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Commentary section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commentary section   Commentary section I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Point taken. No, not your curmudgeon mode. But what do think that "we" can do about this recent discourteousness? It's not as if we can change the forum to something which requires one to write a 25 word essay and do the hokey-pokey before being approved for forum posting. We're not so "exclusive".

I'm open to suggestions.

Tim
we can not have perfection in a non perfect world
Back to top Go down
 
Commentary section
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» SEction 20A
» Section 20A permit
» BBC apologises for talking during commentary at Wimbledon
» BBC commentary
» PDC Commentary

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: Want to buy / Want to sell section-
Jump to: