Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

There's a new scooter magazine!

Go down 
+2
Sirkitrider
Howardr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-20

There's a new scooter magazine! Empty
PostSubject: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm

I have been waiting for a magazine, newsletter or anything that was written for me and my favorite kind of people - Scooter People! Scoot! magazine ceased to exist in 2013 and I got tired of waiting so I'm starting one myself: The Scooter 'Zine.
*My name is Howard and I've been riding scooters since 2008. I've owned at least 9 scooters, started a scooter club, been to Amerivespa, High Rollers and even ridden a Saddlesore 1000 on my Buddy 150. I've ridden with clubs in AZ, CA, NV and NM. My scooter has helped me make friends all over the country. I want to share my scooter passion and that of other riders with every rider who has a bit of time to read.
*Do you love to ride and enjoy meeting others who do, too? The Scooter 'Zine is for you.
*Do you look for exciting roads to ride or to share your favorites with others? The Scooter 'Zine is for you.
*Looking for reviews of gear with the scooterist in mind? The Scooter 'Zine is for you.
*Want to know more about scooter clubs? Who they are? What they do? You'll find out in The Scooter 'Zine.
The Scooter 'Zine will be a small magazine written by and for active scooter riders. Although everyone who loves scooters will enjoy the ‘zine, I am based in Arizona and have ridden in all the surrounding states of UT, CO, NM and west Texas, so riders, clubs and rides of those states will be the focus, at least as we get started.
Initially, The Scooter ‘Zine will be published bimonthly. If people like it and support it, we will make it bigger and more often. The Scooter ‘Zine also has a companion Facebook page. On it you will find color pictures, links and other supplemental material that just won’t work in printed format. You can also find us on Instagram: @scooter_zine
Subscriptions are just $20 a year. If you are interested and want a free sample copy, email me your address and I’ll get it in the mail to you.

Rather than reply to this post, please email me: howard@skyislandriders.com which can also use for PayPal for your subscription. If you prefer to use check or cash, let me know in your email and I’ll send you my address.

Keep on scootin’
Howard
Back to top Go down
https://thescooterzine.com/
Sirkitrider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-06-24

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 pm

uh, NO thanks... when you actually publish something and perhaps have a website …

until then, yer just asking us to send you money? Really?

Where have I seen this before????

Sirkitrider
Back to top Go down
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Sirkitrider wrote:
uh, NO thanks... when you actually publish something and perhaps have a website …

until then, yer just asking us to send you money? Really?

Where have I seen this before????

Sirkitrider

There is a free trial issue already published and available. Just ask and I'll send you a copy. If you like it, subscribe. If you don't, first, let me know what you didn't like so we can improve, then feel free to pitch it.

As mentioned above, the 'Zine already has a Facebook page as a companion to the magazine. Go over and check it out.

I appreciate your time

Howard
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 6:25 am

Hi Howard,
Any chance of scanning and loading a digital version of your first free 'Zine for those of us who might be interested, but living far, far away?
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 am

I am a member of Howard's scooter club and have been for years! Even though I am too far to do many rides, but I have done some and it is a great group!  I requested an got the free issue and enjoyed it thoroughly. I will vouch for Howard, Sirkitrider, so don't be worried about a scam!

In fact the forum picture above was taken on one of the rides I made with the Sky Island scooter riders!!!
Back to top Go down
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 2:55 pm

I figured out a way to create a Google doc with images of the Scooter 'Zine. The link is below. Be advised, it is not in page order, but the page numbers are visible. Please let me know if it works for you. If anyone still wants a hard copy, let me know. I'll be happy to pop it in the mail to you.

Howard

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xPHB3BJiaNn4sKhmh2CEVReJYANZizhC?usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Good start issue. Thanks for taking this on.
Back to top Go down
Sirkitrider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-06-24

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
I am a member of Howard's scooter club and have been for years! Even though I am too far to do many rides, but I have done some and it is a great group!  I requested an got the free issue and enjoyed it thoroughly. I will vouch for Howard, Sirkitrider, so don't be worried about a scam!

In fact the forum picture above was taken on one of the rides I made with the Sky Island scooter riders!!!

Ok thanks for the reference!

Good luck with the scooter zine.

Sirkitrider
Back to top Go down
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 pm

We announced the existence of the Scooter 'Zine about 6 weeks ago. Since then, over 60 riders from 17 different states have asked for and have been sent the introductory copies. We sure appreciate the encouragement and support. Thank you.

I have been asked by a few people if the 'Zine would be available in digital format. We, the answer is "probably." I do, however, have a link that I will share for a digital version of our initial issue. The pages aren't in numerical order, because this is how my software does it to be easier to print, but I think you get the idea.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xPHB3BJiaNn4sKhmh2CEVReJYANZizhC?usp=sharing

Check it out. If you want to analog version, let me know. I'll send it to you

Howard
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 5:14 am

Hi Howard, Nice idea, wish I could join in your rides but it would take too long to get there !! Cheers from NZ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's a new scooter magazine!   There's a new scooter magazine! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's a new scooter magazine!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: