Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Won't be riding the SWing

Go down 
+7
joebillybobinark
Loosemarbles
"Hi Yo"
Pastor Ron
Old Limey
oldwingguy
Dale N.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Won't be riding the SWing Empty
PostSubject: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 9:45 am

It's 8:40 AM here in Sunny Minnesota. The only problem is that it's also -13.5 degrees which will limit my SWing ride this morning to just sitting on it and going "VROOM VROOM" a few times.

The other limit will come later today as we are in a Winter Storm Warning which is supposed to dump 6-9 inches of the white fluffy stuff. I knew I should have picked up those chains for the back wheels. Oh Well. I'll just have to wait until it warms up a bit. Quite a bit. sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 9:51 am

I feel your pain, 52 here a couple evenings ago at bedtime, woke up to a full snow cover the next morning, it's going to rain tomorrow and 42 degrees followed the next day by single digit temps and wind chills on the minus side, however the banana crop is looking good chickendance
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 4:37 am

We always complain about our weather in the UK, but, even in winter we can still get days to go riding. Sunday was cold (for us at 34f)we had gale force winds 60-80 mph. Today the sun is shining and no wind 36f so out for a ride around later, my Silver wing is sick so it will be on my Cruisym 300.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 4:22 pm

9 degrees tonight, maybe 60  Monday.  I am still going to wait until end of March. It is like being on a new ride after a long wait.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 9:10 am

This is my house at 7:30 this morning. I haven't even tried my pickup to see if it will start.
Won't be riding the SWing Temp10
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 9:15 am

Not quite as bad here just -10 with a -20 wind chill, BUT by Sunday the banana plantation will be back in full swing, temps to 52 deg. expected, can't hardly wait for the next vortex.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Won't be riding the SWing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Dale N. wrote:
This is my house at 7:30 this morning. I haven't even tried my pickup to see if it will start.
Won't be riding the SWing Temp10

This is the kind of weather to stay in bed with a good book....or someone who has read one.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 1:12 pm

I have to agree with 'Old Limey'. We do get a fair amount of cold, sunny, dry days here during winter. We usually get a nice ride in before the cold starts to bite. Reminds me, must get some handlebar wind deflectors Exclamation
Back to top Go down
joebillybobinark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 am

Loosebearing wrote:
I have to agree with 'Old Limey'. We do get a fair amount of cold, sunny, dry days here during winter. We usually get a nice ride in before the cold starts to bite. Reminds me, must get some handlebar wind deflectors Exclamation

look at the givi handguards.  I bought the ones for the Honda ncx700, and they work great.  bolts are too long but a 50mm length works perfect.

HTH

[Edit]  http://giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/honda/nc700x-12-14/hp1111-hand-protector-detail
Back to top Go down
lewjayjr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 am

One of the reasons I moved from St Paul back to Georgia. 7 years of miserable cold and a few weeks of road construction. Got to ride my Swing last week.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 pm

lewjayjr wrote:
One of the reasons I moved from St Paul back to Georgia.  7 years of miserable cold and a few weeks of road construction.  Got to ride my Swing last week.

Sure. Rub It In. Rub It In... sunny
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Crazy weather. Wild temperature swings this winter. Last week highs in teens 13-14 lows -3-4.
This week last 2 days at 60F. Roads are wet and salty from melting snow I'll just have to wait for better conditions. Back to winter for the weekend. I hope this summer is better than last one RAIN and stalled out systems that just sat around.

SW needs 2 tires and want to change fork oil again.. sunny
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

I know it's only February but is this winter ever going to be over. More cold on the way and I'm tired of it. RANT. Evil or Very Mad Just need one nice day to RIDE.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 3:22 am

I won't be riding my Silver Wing either mate, and I've got a far better excuse as I no longer own one.

Anyway over the weekend weather here was unseasonably warm dry and sunny, (about 60°F or 16°C) so being home alone I went out on the Forza. I'm spoiled for choice here in North Yorkshire, Saturday was the curvy roads of the Yorkshire Wolds over to the East Yorkshire coast, and as I ended up in the traditional seaside resort of Bridlington, fish n' chips n' curry sauce on the seafront.

It was also ideal weather for getting some more miles in behind the new taller Givi D1166 ST screen I fitted a few days earlier, I'm pleased with the change and I already know from my first ride, it works equally well in the rain.

Yesterday after the overnight fog lifted, I had a leisurely ride taking in a couple of my favourite North Yorkshire market towns, On the way home I made a detour and stopped at York Designer Outlet, had a ratch around and bought myself a nice pair of Ecco shoes.

Of course this same nice weather brought out the brightly coloured humpy back leather boys in profusion, especially on Saturday, just like the display of crocus's the warm weather has brought out in my garden.

Much over exaggerated overtaking of old Meldrew on his Forza 300 by these cretins as they made their way up to a popular East Yorkshire bikers cafe, for posing, mugs of tea, and communal dick swinging. Smile
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 7:56 am

I just came in from chopping the 2" of ice on my steps and driveway. We had a few hours of freezing rain last night and the temp right now is -12C. It is going to get even colder before it moderates a bit. So, I figured better to get the ice off now than later. My baby is still sleeping and all the riding I am doing is through Youtube vloggers. Canadians love to talk weather.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Won't be riding the SWing   Won't be riding the SWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Won't be riding the SWing
Page 1 of 1