Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Best MPG on Silverwing
by joebillybobinark Today at 1:19 am

» How the Internet started.............
by Dale N. Today at 12:49 am

» Heart bypass: Best wishes for a quick recovery
by Easyrider Yesterday at 10:46 pm

» Hi From Finland
by Tase Yesterday at 4:50 pm

» Surplus to requirements
by Loosebearing Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Aussie Love Poem......
by Easyrider Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by cello33 Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:00 pm

» 2012 NOS Silverwing at 6 and 6
by Pastor Ron Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm

» Newbie to SW
by DickO Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:35 pm

» is this variator tool suitable for the SW?
by dekare Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Surplus to requirements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3068
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Surplus to requirements   Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Once things get back to normal in the New Year I might as well offer my Givi AF 214 Airflow screen for sale as I no longer own a Silver Wing. Also surplus to requirements is a Honda FSC Silver Wing Factory Service Manual in as new condition, and I've a couple of new Champion oil filters that I no longer need.

Ideally any interested buyers would live in North Yorkshire or the surrounding counties, then we could do away with postage and they could inspect the merchandise before buying.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:59 pm

What's replaced the SW Meldrew?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm

One of the new Honda Forza 300’s.

Back to top Go down
JamieB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:27 pm

The new 300 looks fantastic, always thinking of trying one.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:02 am

I was wondering if you still had your Silver wing, Meldrew. I saw that you had gone for a smaller machine (as I have). I still have my Silver wing but that blown fuse business maybe the last straw, I don't mind mechanical problems but electrical ones, bending fiddling around really annoy me. I put my connector on my Cruisym for my heated vest, and with the heated grips and handlebar mitts had a couple of good rides. The lighter Sym is a lot easier to handle and has enough power for me. All the best for the new year mate.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:38 am

Hello mate, I've been wanting to downsize for quite a while now. While the Silver Wing is an excellent tourer, I've never found it the ideal maxi for general day to day solo riding.

I bought mine when Mrs M used to go touring with with me, mainly because it was the only alternative to the lardass 650 Burgman. I was seriously considering a SYM Cruisym 300 like yours but trolling round SYM dealers over this side of the Pennines for a couple of months was a waste of time as they were never any to look at.

I had a demo ride on the Yamaha XMax 300 and for all it's good points, the seat was a bit too high and had a butt stop like a brick. So I took a bit more notice of this new 300 Forza that was coming out and decided to have one.

Apart from the mirrors which really need longer arms it's a very nice scooter to ride. Light, nimble, comfortable and handle great on it's Pirelli Dragon tyres. It's also the only maxi scooter that I've owned where checking tyre pressures doesn't involve crawling around on the ground to get decent access to the valves.

Happy New Year to you, and the other dear readers.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Happy new year Meldrew, I look forward to a report on the Forza after you have done a few holiday trips on it.
They look about perfect to me, the full package, and good value for money.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 am

Dave Weller wrote:
Happy new year Meldrew, I look forward to a report on the Forza after you have done a few holiday trips on it.
They look about perfect to me, the full package, and good value for money.

Hi Dave, Happy New Year. I doubt very much whether I've the interest or inclination to do any reports on my Forza, especially here on a Silver Wing specific forum as a member that no longer owns one.

YouTube has numerous clips and reviews of the Forza 300 out already, that's how I learned stuff about the Forza before I ordered one and while awaiting delivery.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

Number of posts : 2190
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:55 am

The tire monitoring system on my BMW C650GT is great. I always urge my friends to check their tires every day. To show them how careful I am I check my tires on every ride.
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:00 am

exavid wrote:
The tire monitoring system on my BMW C650GT is great. I always urge my friends to check their tires every day. To show them how careful I am I check my tires on every ride.

I'm sitting on the fence on a tire monitoring system. On one hand, the convenience of not having to crawl on the ground is tempting. On the other, it's good practice to visually inspect a tire before riding, which means getting down on the ground. Just a vicious circle! Wink
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Rubber band guru
john grinsel

Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 am

My book: tire pressure monitoring system=just another thing to go wrong....my BMW 3 series coupe, system failed in Korea.

On 2 wheels: if you do not/cannot check tires/add air yourself......you probably do not belong on 2 wheels.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Where I like the TPMS is when I run over something be it a piece of metal on the road I didn't see quick enough, or a rock that makes a "ping" noise as it pops out from under the tire as you ride over it. Those are moments where one wonders if the piece of debris you ran over or the ping sound indicated tire damage that might cause an imminent deflation. I don't rely on my TPMS either the systems in my cars or my bike for exact tire pressure which I still check routinely. I also know that TPMS systems are not always accurate, temperature changes seem to change the readings more than the actual pressure changes. But I do like being able to see the pressure hasn't changed a large amount in during the day or week. I also keep an eye on the difference in the pressure between each tire on the bike. Any temperature change pressure variation or big change in altitude that changes the absolute tire pressure will still show a similar change in both tires, i.e. the difference between front and rear stays about the same. That shows everything is okay during a ride.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Personally, I don't mind getting close and personal with my honey's rear.....tire , I mean. I take a good look up her skirt....rear wheel well, I meant to say. I also like running my hands all over the bumps and the nipples.....on the tire. I am a DOM !

Jay.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Definitely around the bend a bit but if it floats your boat....
Back to top Go down
Loosebearing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Loosebearing

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Hey Meldrew, how much do you want for the service manual and the oil filters? I'm happy to pay postage. Might also be interested in the screen.

Sorry to hear you've let go of the SW. I recently met a guy who had a Honda Helix (CN250). Looks great (love the seat), and is more convenient for commuting. I love my SW but would like a smaller scooter for short distances but I've no space in the garage for both, plus the car !

Get back to me....
Back to top Go down
GeoffM
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 am

I'd be interested in the givi screen if it's still available

Geoff.

Meldrew wrote:
Once things get back to normal in the New Year I might as well offer my Givi AF 214 Airflow screen for sale as I no longer own a Silver Wing. Also surplus to requirements is a Honda FSC Silver Wing Factory Service Manual in as new condition, and I've a couple of new Champion oil filters that I no longer need.

Ideally any interested buyers would live in North Yorkshire or the surrounding counties, then we could do away with postage and they could inspect the merchandise before buying.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:24 am

Meldrew (& Mrs.Meldrew) is currently on holiday in Turkey, please be a little patient guys, I'm sure he will reply to you on his return to the UK Happy Holiday
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:56 pm

The Bern wrote:
Meldrew (& Mrs.Meldrew) is currently on holiday in Turkey, please be a little patient guys, I'm sure he will reply to you on his return to the UK Happy Holiday

Blimey did he get deported he was in Tel Aviv
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi bud, or shalom as we say in Israel, we went on another of Mrs M's cultural tours today. Had a long drive from Tel Aviv down to the Dead Sea and took a cable car up to the Masada Fortess. These ancient historical sites aren't really my thing but I actually found the place interesting. After all the cold wind and constant rain of Jerusalem yesterday the weather was warm and sunny. Then we drove on to some other resort place miles away where we did the floating in the very buoyant and foul tasting Dead Sea. I even succumbed to this weird ritual of plastering black mud all over myself, it's a bugger to rinse off too.

We've just had dinner in the old port in Jaffa, we both chicken on skewers with the same 20 different salads everyone else was eating.

Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Scootypuff Snr wrote:
The Bern wrote:

I did warn you about my memory for names bud Embarassed at least they both begin with a T Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:58 pm

The Bern wrote:
Scootypuff Snr wrote:
The Bern wrote:

I did warn you about my memory for names bud Embarassed  at least they both begin with a T Laughing

All disputed lands during the Crusades so history wise your spot on. I'm currently reading the history of "knights templer" but reached as far as 3rd Crusade after Richard the Lionheart and my interest ing is waning
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 am

Scootypuff Snr wrote:

I'm currently reading the history of "knights templer"

I was never very good with them bud, I did an intensive study of 'the knights of the round table' while at school. One interesting 'fact' that has stuck in my memory is the knight who actually designed the round table was called..

Wait for it ....

Sir Cumferance

Laughing runs & hides >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Loosebearing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Loosebearing

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Surplus to requirements   Yesterday at 1:58 pm

Hi Meldrew,

How much for the manual and the filters?

PM me if you like.

Chris
Back to top Go down

Surplus to requirements
Page 1 of 1