Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2007 Swing 600 for sale, all the trimmings, near Cardiff, Wales.
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 7:49 am

» New SW owner!
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» Is my HISS working?
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Today at 7:26 am

» Brake pads
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» HISS no Light
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Seadog Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Hello to all
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Yesterday at 4:45 pm

» JoeMomma wants something
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 6:37 am

» Planning on a ride this July into Canada
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:20 am

» Engine Oil Leak - I need to get busy
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Gustafa Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:22 pm

» Dr Pulley HiT Clutch
New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeby Delray Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New(ish) Member

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shaft
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Evenin all

I've actually been a member for a few months, but haven't posted until today.

I've been riding on the road since the day of my 16th birthday and have had a bike ever since; as that was in 1981, I'm not exactly new to biking, but I am new to the ways of the Silver Wing, having bought mine this last April.

As I haven't had anything much smaller than a 750 since about 1983 and my only experiences with scooters have been relatively brief, I was a little bit apprehensive about getting it, but this one came up at the right price, so I thought I would give it a go and, so far, I've been very impressed.

Anyway, hopefully I will continue to enjoy the experience, especially with the help of this little community  Smile

(BTW, have a look at my post in workshop, if you know anything about regulators Ta)
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New(ish) Member 510-80

Number of posts : 2923
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 3:20 pm

welcome welcome welcome

If you started riding in '81, you should have a lot of experience/experiences to add to the forum, even if you are a young whippersnapper. Laughing
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2012-05-17

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 am

Welcome to the forum! Lots of knowledge on here. I too was surprised by the Silver Wing, not your mothers 1950-1960's Lambretta eh?
Back to top Go down
Shaft
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-06-16

New(ish) Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New(ish) Member   New(ish) Member I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Welcome to the forum!  Lots of knowledge on here. I too was surprised by the Silver Wing, not your mothers 1950-1960's Lambretta eh?

My Mother had no experience of any sort of bike, but during his National Service, my Dad used to get a lift from his nephew back to his RAF base, on the back of a Black Shadow Cool

In fact, of the whole of my extended family, only two of my cousins were ever into bikes: one used to use a CD200, then a CX500 to commute to work (he hasn't so much as swung a leg over a bike in more then 30 years) and the other made enough of a living building award winning choppers, to emigrate to Australia about 15 years ago and I haven't heard from him since.

I did try to get my older Brother into them, by getting and rebuilding a pair of C90s and teaching him how to ride, but it didn't really work out, so I remain the only biker known to existing family group
Back to top Go down

New(ish) Member
Page 1 of 1