Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
its not new. I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

its not new.

Go down 
+6
Meldrew
oldwingguy
Dale N.
carolina wing rider
cotetoi
bill tucker
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bill tucker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
bill tucker

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-07-23

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 4:48 pm

its really funny , I have people ask me all the time what my bike is and is it new , its strange that my bike is 2004 and I have people at my work say they have never seen one before. the cool thing about this is the s wing is still a good looking bike that people think is new model.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 am

I have had a SWing for about 4 years now. My current one is a 2007. I stopped at a coffee shop yesterday, it's one of our usual stops, and a car driver looked over the bike very intensely and finally asked me all about it !
Jay.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: What is it?   its not new. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 am

I like riding something that nobody else in the area has. I have had the same questions asked and sometimes comments like...wow that is a big ass scooter...what is it? One of my favorites is when some youngun pulls up beside me at a traffic signal...looks over and asks if I will be sure to move way over to the right of the road so all can get by safely. It never gets old when I smoke them. The facial expression has changed by the next light. Ride Often !
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 am

When I tell people that I ride a scooter they tend to think one of those little Chinese 50 cc scoots. When I tell them it's a 600 cc and will do Interstate speeds all day without breathing hard they sort of scratch their head. 600 cc? They make them that big? Then when they do see it they go WOW! that looks nice. Then I show them the under seat storage and trunk because most of the little scoots don't have that.

Now I can't wait to see their faces once I can take the SWing Trike out. I have a few that I've shown pics of mine to them and they can't wait to see it in person. Although, one person around my age I know likes to flaunt what he has and likes to mention how much money he has. He said, "Well that's nothing. I have a Harley Trike!" The only thing is that as long as I've known him I've never seen him on it. Oh Well.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 am

Dale I've had fun at the grocery store with that under seat storage Smile people just stare when I start loading up.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:57 am

I think you're exaggerating a bit about the usefulness of under seat storage on the Silver Wing. It may be 55 litres but it's awkwardly shaped, being deeper at the rider seat end, and with those useless spacers on either side half way along. It's only going to be useful for groceries or shopping generally if you ride with it almost empty.  

Wouldn't you be carrying at least a bit of underseat junk? In my case it would be a few tools and a tubeless tyre repair kit, small bottle of oil, spare bulb kit, first aid kit, large locking Abus chain, usually a storage pouch of waterproofs, and bag with extra Pertex windproof layers, LED lamp for underseat illumination, spare gloves, and a couple of sundry items.

So even moving stuff about and leaving items at home there's not much room for bags of groceries.

Neither is that warm engine heated under seat compartment an ideal environment to store perishable food items in that warm engine when you're a long way from home, unless you're carrying a cool bag and ice packs.

I don't find it useful for storing a helmet either, and when I it's my open face at the rear end where there's a bit more height.

Even carefully packed I've found that there's insufficient space under there to store two jackets and back protectors, or two jackets and riding pants, the usual stuff you strip off when visiting somewhere in hot weather.

So for this I put discarded riding gear inside a large Ortlieb bag secured to the rear seat with a Pacsafe steel mesh net and a couple of padlocks, Helmets go into the very useful Givi E55 top box.

The top box also is very handy for bags of supermarket groceries, bulky items like bags of flour or cans might go under the seat, just to save a bit of weight and space in the top box.

I haven't had anyone one looking at me putting stuff away on a maxi scooter since my Helix days over 20 years ago. Maxi scooters aren't a rare sight in the UK,  and smaller capacity scooters seem to be a permanent fixture outside any large supermarket, belonging to either customers or supermarket staff.

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:41 am

Meldrew Smile I didn't quantify the number of bags nor items and the under storage was empty and the trip about 20 minuets, it was THE LOOK they had, more than likely thinking where the heck is he going to put that Smile One must realize one isn't going to put a week or month supply under there and shop accordingly. Motorcycles are pretty common here scooters like ours ARE NOT so they tend to get that look.
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am

@oldwingguy ,
Similar experience here. I've used top case previously. Have one on order for my current Swing.

Packing a scooter reminds me of this video of deaf guy that travels on scooters and ALWAYS over packs.
You can turn the sound off/down as his girl friend picks lousy music (my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Pappajack44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-07-31

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 pm

carolina wing rider wrote:
..wow that is a big ass scooter...

Every time I pull into the garage and pull up behind mine I think about it's "BIG ASS". A lot wider than my Vulcan Drifter from behind.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 1:52 pm

" Dale, Since my GT3 conversion, there has not a day gone by ( when I was riding), that someone did not stop and start a conversation about the trike AND about it being a scooter.....(Maxi) scooter.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 pm

Dale N. wrote:
When I tell people that I ride a scooter they tend to think one of those little Chinese 50 cc scoots. When I tell them it's a 600 cc and will do Interstate speeds all day without breathing hard they sort of scratch their head. 600 cc? They make them that big? Then when they do see it they go WOW! that looks nice. Then I show them the under seat storage and trunk because most of the little scoots don't have that.

Now I can't wait to see their faces once I can take the SWing Trike out. I have a few that I've shown pics of mine to them and they can't wait to see it in person. Although, one person around my age I know likes to flaunt what he has and likes to mention how much money he has. He said, "Well that's nothing. I have a Harley Trike!" The only thing is that as long as I've known him I've never seen him on it. Oh Well.

I hope you expressed your sympathy for his misfortune.

Lloyd193.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

its not new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: its not new.   its not new. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

its not new.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: