Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Brand new tires installed

Go down 
+6
Sidewinder Pilot
GHM-PM
Mech 1 twa
cotetoi
Dale N.
Maxaryaman2004
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxaryaman2004
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-04-17

Brand new tires installed Empty
PostSubject: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Just installed new tires on my 2009 FSC600A9 Silverwing at 15025 kilometers.
The original rubber was IRC's from and back, and I must say that they wore perfectly. Rear remained round, even when down into the wear bars, and the front just wore down, but with even wear all around - no scalloping!

Photos of the new and old side by side can be seen here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ags0n2CJN4h4sx_VYwRBPujI40r6

I purchased my new rubber from a Canadian Company called FortNine.ca, for many reasons. They had the tires in stock, the offered free shipping to my door, and their pricing beat the heck out of what I could purchase these tires at, elsewhere, including the Honda dealer I work at.

I purchased these:

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
Michelin Power Pure SC Front Tire
Tire Size
120/80-14 58S T0219105 1 $103.95

Michelin Power Pure SC Rear Tire
Tire Size
150/70-13 64S T0219113 1 $74.95

Subtotal $178.90
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (2 or More Tire Savings) -$10.00
GST (5%)
$8.85
Tire Environmental Fee
$8.00
Grand Total $185.75

I ordered on a Friday and received them at my door the following Thursday lunch time. Both tires were fresh with date stamps indicating May of 2017 - none of this old stock commonly found on-line.

I took the rims off myself and into the dealer for rubber swap and balancing for a total of $54.95 and re-installed them myself after cleaning the brake calipers and pads with brake clean. Wow! What a difference in stopping power. Also did a quick parking brake adjustment.

So far, I only have just under 50km on them and will be gentle until I have managed to scrub off the mold release compound from the tread, but, they ride well and the front no longer hunts around over longitudinal expansion cracks etc.

I'd like to highly recommend FortNine to anyone in Canada needing motorcycle parts, including tires.

Thanks to Tim for his tip on releasing the O2 sensor clip from the body.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:21 pm

I use Pirelli Diablo tires for no other reason than I like them. I take mine off and bring them to the dealer also to get mounted and balanced. I also put a bottle of Ride On in them just for puncture and added balancing.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:50 am

I agree with Maxaryaman2004. Fortnine is a great company to deal with. They were under a different name a few years ago, but they got it ! by offering free shipping anywhere in Canada. I shop for bargain deals and this company has a lot of them. I have been browsing their site as I am fixing for tires next season. They might go lower during the off season !!!
Jay.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 7:34 pm

I can't believe the wear you got from IRC s My rear was toast at 5500 miles uneven wear.
Front was so noisy in turns. Still had tread but loud.

I'm running Mich PP now great tires so far 2000 miles but rear is wearing. A least its even wear.
Grip is great even in rain no issues at all.

I seem to eat tires no matter what brand or bike. Must be ME. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 am

I have had similar luck with IRC. They wear like iron for me. Not the best handling or quietest tires but they wear great and are reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:08 pm

IRC tires are cheaper at the dealer than on line. AT least the last time I was shopping around.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 pm

If you live in a warm and dry place, the Shinko SR567/568 are excellent riding and wearing tires, at a really good price....However wet traction sucks! I can spin out on a wet road, but clean and dry traction is good. The front was my only tire that didn't give me the head shakes!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Mech 1 twa wrote:
IRC tires are cheaper at the dealer than on line. AT least the last time I was shopping around.

I have found this to be true also!
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 pm

I just did place tires, at 11,800 miles. I replaced with Honda tires, IRC I think. The dealer price was very good. The old tires wore well.

I just took my windshield off, wow what a chore. AFTER a trip to the dealer I HOPE to get it back on. Pesky grommets any way. I think ill monkey glue them in place, what a pain. Oh yes i lost a bold too. Well it isnt lost it is just in her innards and wont shake free. Oh yes and then thee are the two stick pins.

Well, live and learn!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:50 am

For windshield problems----well nuts, have small supply on hand, rather then hunt for one you cannot retrieve---just use new one.
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 am

Right John G.! When you head to the hardware store to pick up that well nut you lost, buy a couple extra. You'll be glad you did next time around.
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 11:03 am

Mech 1 twa wrote:
I can't believe the wear you got from IRC s My rear was toast at 5500 miles uneven wear.
Front was so noisy in turns. Still had tread but loud.

I'm running Mich PP now great tires so far 2000 miles but rear is wearing. A least its even wear.
Grip is great even in rain no issues at all.

I seem to eat tires no matter what brand or bike. Must be ME. Rolling Eyes

Regular air checks, 30-35 front, 35-40 rear. This increased pressure will keep your tires round and increase life of the tire, Not to mention improved handling and increased mileage. Happy motoring lloyd193. swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new tires installed   Brand new tires installed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new tires installed
Page 1 of 1