Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Outriders sought by new member
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Today at 8:51 am

» It's been a while
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Today at 8:04 am

» dark colors are cool - until you get hit by a car
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:49 am

» A big Thank You to all my side stand bypass switch critics
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lost it Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» Steering Head Shake
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:16 pm

» Fitting later (front mtg) regulator onto early fjs 600 (rear mtg.)
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Siataukreg Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:14 am

» 2010 silverwing low beam head LIGHT
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby exavid Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:49 pm

» New Member, soon to be owner
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:25 am

» wireless phone charger mount?
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby exavid Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:42 pm

» Givi airflow screen
Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby The Bern Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Brake Bleeding Nightmare

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Delray
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2018-07-07

Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 5:03 pm

"A vacuum bleeder really shines with coupled or linked brakes. Harbor Freight or Amazon lists these tools."

This man knows whereof he speaks. I bought a Pittsburgh brand Pneumatic Brake Fluid Bleeder at Harbor Freight for $25. DOT 4 brake fluid was $5.00. Bled the brakes in under half an hour. Super easy.

Just be sure you use plenty of painter's tape and/or old rags snugged around the brake reservoir. I've heard if you spill brake fluid on the tupperware things can get ugly.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
exavid

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Brake fluid does indeed eat some paint and plastics. Also if you're new to rolling your own on brake bleeding be sure to use the appropriate brake fluid. The required type is Dot 4 in the US. The correct fluid number is molded into the top of the reservoir lid.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 4:25 am

uuuugg i just did changed my whole break lines break fluid, took me 3 days and a line redirecting as well as a whole bottle of fluid. i just hate how to have PERFECTLY align the hole with the screw near the reservoir Mad but its pretty good now
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 3241
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Brake Bleeding Nightmare   Brake Bleeding Nightmare - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 am

Wha...? You replaced all your brake lines? Why?

Then you disassembled the fork stem? Why?
Back to top Go down

Brake Bleeding Nightmare
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2