Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Stebel air horn?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 10:52 am

Has anyone added a Stebel Air Horn? If so, where did you mount it? It seems to me that there is not enough space behind the forks to mount a Stebel, and it sure is too large to mount as a replacement in the original horn location.

So has anyone mounted added an air horn?

Tim
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 1:01 pm

There's a topic about Stebel horns on Page 21 of Accessories and Modifications. I haven't read it, I just remember it from a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Tim.......I've wanted to fit a louder horn for quite a while but as you say locations are tight. I've looked at the Denali Soundbomb Split. It has a separate compressor and trumpet allowing the compressor to be fitted in one location and the trumpet in another connected by the rubber tubing. One of my thoughts had been to fit the compressor under the l/h footboard and the trumpet could be fitted, with some modifications, into the gap under l/h part of the fairing next to the existing horn. The gap would need to be trimmed away somewhat to allow the Denali trumpet to fit in. By doing it this way the trumpet would be facing more or less forward and not having the sound stifled like some other locations. All this is in my head at the moment and haven't yet ventured to start stripping panels out to see if this will work. One day maybe. You could always do it first Tim and let us know you did it Rolling Eyes

Den
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Jeez, Den, thanks for your inspiring confidence. Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately, I have a Stebel so I'm faced with finding a location to mount this thing. One of the lnks Meldrew pointed out has the Stebel mounted in front of the Combination Meter assembly.

Now if only I had a Madstad windshield I could attach the horn/compressor unit facing forward on the experior of the thick metal lower windscreen mount plate along with a nice pair of Denali LED driving lamps.

Tim
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 12:47 am

I had a pair of Rivco air horns on my '93 Goldwing. Mounted them under the right saddlebag with the compressor in the bag. VERY LOUD! It took a second or so for the compressor to build up pressure so I could give a short toot on the horn button which would come from the OEM horn or hold the button for more than a second and the air horns would go off.
I should look into the cost of the electric horns Honda puts on the GL1800. Those electric horns were very loud, nearly as loud as my Rivcos.
I installed a pair of electric Fiamm horns (one high note, one low) on my GT. Sounds great and is pretty loud. At least it gets more attention than the meep meep OEM horn.
Back to top Go down
E.D.
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
E.D.

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-05-29

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 5:40 am

The Stebel Air Horn comes in Black or Chrome, so if you can't mount it where it can be hidden, then mount a chrome out in the open.
I have a black one mounted on my 650 Burgman, under the Front Panel, just to the right of the forks. There is just enough room for them to swing and miss the horn. I powered it by a separate switched fuse in an additional fuse box that I installed under the Front Panel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stebel air horn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stebel air horn?   Stebel air horn? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stebel air horn?
Page 1 of 1