Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2002 Honda Reflex 250cc ABS
by Scootn56 Today at 02:07

» New Swing owner in South Wales
by Easyrider Yesterday at 18:50

» New possible swing owner
by bikehiker Yesterday at 18:22

» Air Shocks
by Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 16:30

» Introduction
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 12:34

» Reply to Post is lost
by Easyrider Fri 20 Oct 2017, 15:10

» A bit windy
by steve_h80 Thu 19 Oct 2017, 15:23

» New Honda three wheeler
by cliffyk Thu 19 Oct 2017, 08:19

» Pin Stripes
by bikehiker Wed 18 Oct 2017, 19:19

» Converting Non Abs Rear wheel for tone Ring woes
by siataukreg Wed 18 Oct 2017, 17:55

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Blobby
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2016-09-23

PostSubject: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Tue 21 Mar 2017, 08:41

This is my first attempt to put some video on line for others to watch. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqFtdJ-LwG4&t=129s

Mr Blobby (More to follow)
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Tue 21 Mar 2017, 09:25

Alan, your video brought back memories from a trip to your home land in 1997. I hadn't noticed your listed location but thought as I watched that this looks like some of the roads we traveled from Bangor to the Giant's Causeway and onto Bush mills. Then I saw the church at 5:39 and it looked familiar. So next step was finding a map and see what I could recall.

A group of 8 of us were traveling with our ballroom dance instructors (now Canadians whose home was in Newtonards who were back for a visit home.) They invited this group to come with them for a tour with them of their part of the world and to meet their family. They rented a van with a driver and we toured for a week; based out of Sheleven House in Bangor. One day we went south and rounded Strangford Lough. Portaferry was interedting as there had been a travel program on television here a few months before our trip which amoung many other things visited the pubs of Portaferry. It was neat seeing these places in person. The cemetery of Grey Abby was an interesting stop that day. But on another day the visit to the Ulster folk museum and the Museum of transportation will never be forgotten. Just as will a stop at Daft Eddy's, Carrickfergus Castle (and many other castles) and the day in Belfast, (complete with an unexpected Orangeman's parade) never be forgotten. Is that tree still in the center of the pub? Yes, many memories from 20 years ago brought back through your videos ...on a Silverwing, no less.

Keep the videos coming !!!
Mike
Back to top Go down
Mr Blobby
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2016-09-23

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:22

Hiya

Glad the video brought back some memories of your time in NI. The footage shows the road from Cairndhu to Glenarm. I have a number of videos still to be edited and lots more still to be taken. Here is another to have a look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNy0Mq9yDpE&t=20s

Glenarm to Carnlough

Mr Blobby
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 3018
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Tue 21 Mar 2017, 15:24

thumbs up Thanks for the ride, but being on the "wrong " side. affraid
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Tue 21 Mar 2017, 18:56

Hi and thanks for the video. Ireland is a place I'd like to tour someday.

Some suggestions you might try. Firstly, the camera is focusing on the speedo and not the road ahead. Try to move the camera view off the clocks and more on the road with one third sky and two thirds road. That should give a better exposure and focussing... also keeps the speed police off your back.

Secondly, don't take up the option to smooth out the video with YouTube. That's what makes it look like a wobbly jelly. If your camera has built in video stabilisation, use that instead.

Personally, I'm not a fan of a 100% music soundtrack. I like to hear the engine and the wind now and again.

However, it looks like a nice route so keep it up.

PS. My own YouTube videos are under my forum username.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Wed 22 Mar 2017, 08:25

Then I saw the church at 5:39 and it looked familiar.  So next step was finding a map and see what I could recall.

Mike from NS, I've done that many times, but I found to me at least an even better way, google earth, revisiting places sometimes even from the street view.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Wed 22 Mar 2017, 13:58

oldwingguy wrote:
Then I saw the church at 5:39 and it looked familiar.  So next step was finding a map and see what I could recall.

Mike from NS, I've done that many times, but I found to me at least an even better way, google earth, revisiting places sometimes even from the street view.

Hi there "Oldwingguy" !

I agree with you about the google street views. I use them often. A most valuable tool prior to a trip.

One day a couple of years ago, when out on my Silverwing I turned down Hatchery Lane, from the Bedford Hwy, to travel along Shore Drive to the local outdoor pool. I followed the Google Camera / Mapping car along shore drive. If you "play" with this you will see some of Bedford, Nova Scotia and with a Silverwing in the picture. Most valuable and riveting --- not to be missed ... LOL !!!! Let's see if this works.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.7289688,-63.6625925,3a,75y,284.97h,85.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sO3bckSk1M6m9OazqXhSAIQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Mike
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Wed 22 Mar 2017, 15:27

Worked like a charm, thanks. We have been to Bangor but never to Nova Scotia, looks like we missed some nice riding.
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Wed 22 Mar 2017, 16:10

Glad it worked.  Sheleven House in Bangor looks over a really nice marina. Some nice roads here in NS along the water's edge, like in Mr Blobby's vids;  but some that need repair.  At Peggy's Cove Lighthouse, a tourist trap not unlike Giant's Causeway, I asked a group of motorcyclists from the US how they liked our roads.  The comment was that "they keep you awake" !  This is the road that leads into the light house from the secondary road. https://www.google.ca/maps/search/peggy's+cove+lighthouse/@44.4977503,-63.9152344,3a,60y,147.57h,85.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saM5euSGU8fQ8uVGst40RcQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656   Peggy's is a great destination for a short ride ... maybe 45 minutes one way from home.  I often use the Google street scapes to check out a ride destination, lessening any surprises.

And this is a link to the lighthouse web cam. http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/peggys-cove-lighthouse/.
Back to top Go down
suberwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-01-21

PostSubject: Re: New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.   Mon 12 Jun 2017, 14:28

Mr Blobby wrote:
This is my first attempt to put some video on line for others to watch. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqFtdJ-LwG4&t=129s

Mr Blobby (More to follow)

I record and post videos on youtube as well. I just posted a riding video I did Saturday from Canada to the USA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/iHelpYouFixYourCar

New HD camera fitted to handlebar mount.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1