Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Share | 

Hello from WI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachk64
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-03-15

PostSubject: Hello from WI   Sat 18 Mar 2017, 23:37

Hello again to the Silverwing Forum.  I had joined last year when I acquired a 1983 GL650, but have spent a lot of the intervening time on other projects.

I did get the GL650 running but now have a mechanical issue with it so I'll be consulting some of the Silverwing gurus here periodically
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from WI   Sat 18 Mar 2017, 23:46

You may be the wrong forum. The pre 2001 Silverwings were motorcycles and not scooters. This forum is basically for the Silverwing 600 scooters. There may be some members on this forum that may have owned a GL650 and can answer your questions.
Back to top Go down
Bairdb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from WI   Sun 19 Mar 2017, 01:25

Had me confused for a while also. I owned a CX500 shaft drive the year Honda made a touring version and called it a Silverwing. Then they upped the engine to 650 and also made a turbo version. I loved that bike for one-up touring. And kinda miss the shaft drive.
Back to top Go down
Bairdb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from WI   Sun 19 Mar 2017, 04:48

Got curious about your bike and just found and read a complete history of the 78 to 83 Honda CX 500 and 650 series Silverwing
bikes. It was in Wikapedia. It's a good read and the search also brought up several forums that might help.
Back to top Go down

Hello from WI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: