Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter

Go down 
+7
john123
dixwimby
bikerdaryl
jobo2mi
Opalsboy
JeffR
DennisB
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Empty
PostSubject: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi All,

Been thinking of a good way to mount flags on the Swing.....well here it is.

Mounting bar attaches to the bottom of the spoiler with 2 screws.

I just ordered some flags that will go on the production model for this flag mount system. They are 12"x18" and are very heavy duty American flags manufactured to take alot of wind and the best thing is... they are made here in the USA. These flags will be in next week and I will get them installed and take some really good pictures and update this forum so all can see them.

One thing you will notice is I added 15" long plated steel tube masts to
the production model.

Thank You for your interest in this product,
(my moto is: "I'll get it done and get it done right") :D

Here are some pictures of the development (temp) mount:

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag610

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag710

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag410

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag810

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag1010

When the flags come in I will take more pictures and post them.

DennisB :D

Last edited by DennisB on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a picture)
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Dennis,

That is really nice. I need to get one of these for my first PGR. I just joined it but haven't had a chance to ride one yet. Are you going to give instructions on how to do this or make some and sell them? You sure figured that out quick. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi Jeff,
This a new item and will go through a period of testing before I put it up for sale. So far I'm very pleased with it. It's very solid and installing is very easy, just 2 screws and that's it.

I will need some information on top box deminsions and some detailed information on the mounting screws (length, thread, & dia.) used to install the top box mount onto the spoiler. If any one can help....please let me know.

Thank You.....DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Hey Dennis,

What type of help would you like? Do you need dimensions of top box's or with trying to find pieces for this? I have a top box and would like to get one of these after your testing. Would it be possible to have the rods stand up higher than the top box? Thanks for doing this. I'm sure there are a lot of others who would like this. Just let me know if I can help but I have to tell you I have no machining experience at all and also no equpment to machine anything. But I will help the best I can. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Jeff,
I put this mount together so it will work for every person with a Honda SilverWing that wants to fly flags. It will work with flags form 4"x6" up to 12"x18" and NO holes to drill. cheers

Thank You for your help....Dennis

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi All,
Here are some pictures of the dual mount that's for sale:

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag113

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag510

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Flag610

Flag Place Holders:

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Place_12

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Place_13

Looks very Cool Laughing

Last edited by DennisB on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Dennis,

That looks great !!! And I just forgot something when I saw your pics. I said I was going to take a pic and measurements of my top box. I will do that tonight. Again , it looks great and if you do decide to sell them I would like one. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Jeff,
I just finished writing a selling ad on the other forum.

http://www.silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?tid=3252

I will send you the information if you would like one.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Dennis,

This set-up looks great. I will be ordering one from you very soon. How do you want payment? Check, money order etc? Whatever is easiest for you. Also, what kind of seat do you have? I just noticed it, and how do you like it compared to the stock one. Thanks.

Last edited by JeffR on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi Jeff,
What would work is a Postal Money order or a personal check and don't forget to enclose your return address. :D

DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Flag Mount for SilverWing With Top Box   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi All,

Put my thinking cap on and came up with a Flag Mount for a SilverWing that has a top box mounted.

Please let me know what you think and if you would be interested in one.

The view is from the back of the scooter, looking forward.

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter Pictur10

Thank's for looking

DennisB
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Dennis,

I think it looks nice. I just sent you a "PM" for your GPS mount. I will buy that first and then this if you decide to make them. I think these would be cool to have and if I want to go on the Patriot Guard rides I will need a flag mount. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: New viewer   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello Jeff, I just want to say, thanks for this forum. I read the Silverwing.org forum as well. I have seen your posts there previously. This is a cool site too.
Two things... one, I want to get in a plug for the PGR. I have been a member for only a few months and have been on two missions so far. Greatest feelings I have had since I delivered my 2nd daughter back in 1979. The veterans we honor on these missions are so worthy. I love them all. You will not be disappointed if you participate.
Two, anything you buy from Dennisb is going to be top notch. I have the GPS mount now and have the flag mount arriving in the next day or two. He is a craftsman. You will be very pleased with his products. Buy with confidence.

(He is not related to me in anyway and this is an unsolicited plug)

Thanks again for the forum..

Gary Goolsby
Rison, AR
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Gary,

Thanks for the compliment on this site and I hope everyone likes it and feels "at home" with it.

As for the PGR please go ahead and make a seperate post in the General Chat section and include as much information as you can. And also tell us how you feel about it and why it is important. I just joined but haven't had the chance to ride yet as the notices are very short, so far, and I am always working.

And for Dennis's products I should be getting my GPS mount real soon and I am not worried at all about the quality. I have seen his CAD drawings, or I think they are CAD, and I can tell he is very careful and professional with his work. I will be getting the flag mount too as soon as he says for certain he will make one for us with the larger top cases.

Thanks for joining and please be an active member too here. We all learn from each other and can give each other good advice.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 am

Dennis, still making the flag mounts?? I am a PGR rider too and need flag mounts for Big Red. Will have to wait a paycheck or two, but I REALLY want to be able to fly the flags. (I've also found people can SEE me better when on the road and having flags on the bike).

Wherever did you find GOOD quality flags? Lately, the only ones I've been able to find are the ones printed on that flimsy faux-cloth that shreds in its first ride Sad

I will let you know when I have the $$ for the mounts.

No drilling, right? I have a MINIMAL amount of tools and even LESS skills in using anything that resembles an electric drill Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 am

Hi Jo,

I sure did alot of flag buying to find a good supplier for top quility flags for our scooters.

NO drilling to mount them.
Back to top Go down
bikerdaryl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:33 am

Would it work for mounting a cb antena like J&M ?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Daryl,

YES! This has been tossed around before. It would need to be made of stainless so the mounting bar would be grounded to the scooter at location of contact point. A person could run a ground wire under entenna mounting nut or bolt then along the bar with the entenna cable. sunny
Back to top Go down
dixwimby
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 am

DennisB,

Did you ever make a flag mount for a top box? looking to fly to small pennants with large top box on [fjs600 silverwing europe spec]

regards
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:03 am

I have one I bought from eBay that works very well.
I purchased a flag pole from a bicycle shop and cut it down to the size that I like and still have a lot left over.
I found that after loosing two flags that if you use a small amount of silicon on the top and bottom of the flag it will not come off.
I think there is a picture of my USMC flag in my album.

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-john123/sw-at-the-mission-006-pic_551.htm
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 am

Dennis
I have your Driving light mount and love it. Looks nice is very functional etc. Will probably purchase the flag mount that goes with the top box next. I have a large Bestem T Box. now
Old Dave
Back to top Go down
Rclanton1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rclanton1

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:49 am

Dennis, I'm interested on your flag mount. How much is it and how can I order one?

Rick
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:35 pm

I think Dennis went fishing. The easiest
way to get ahold of any member of the
forum is try a PM.  Wink
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:17 pm

At the KOA at South Tahoe Lake. Just pulled in about an hour a go. They have WYFI and mosquitoes. Just a over nighter and move on in the morning.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey Dennis,

Are you going to Hannah's for their buffett? It is on the 24th floor and is great.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Making some coffee on Coleman stove in the morning and on the road. A few of the near by campers have told me about the night vists by the local bear population. I told them that they were black bears...not brown or grizzly bears. I believe the last grizzly bear, in California, was killed in 1902. Kinda strange the grizzly is stated so proudly on the California state flag.
Back to top Go down
Rclanton1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rclanton1

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:17 pm

I did PM Dennis, but no response. Does anyone know when he will be back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter   New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New project - Rear Flag Mount for SilverWing Scooter
Page 1 of 1