Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Muffler Options

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2016-11-05

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 5:02 pm

So I definitely want to change the muffler on my bike. I want a littke more sound and would like to get rid of both the weight and heat that the stock muffler comes with.

I really don't want to spend the mucho casho for one of the ones specifically designed for the wing. I have been looking and it seems like most any universal sport bike muffler would fit fine with the single band clamp they come with. The only problem is they all seem to be designed to connect using the spring thing method.

Has anyone adapted a universal to theirs? I'm sure there has to be some sort of adapter to go from the clampy method to the springy method.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 7:24 pm

First question is---Why? Stock/standard SilverWing works just fine and can last a long time. Get some riding time/miles before you make changes to now discontinued scooter that worked fine out of the box.
Back to top Go down
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Must..... Modify..... Things.....
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 11:12 pm

john grinsel wrote:
First question is---Why?  Stock/standard SilverWing works just fine and can last a long time. Get some riding time/miles before you make changes to now discontinued scooter that worked fine out of the box.

John,
Kenny's out-the-BOX had many engine pieces. He may have an evap canister for you. Joking!

Kenny,
I'm very impressed in following your posts on engine swap. You had your Swing stripped down to the bones and back running in with a swapped engine and drive in under a week. Very impressive. Ride safe. Maybe fab a muffler. Good luck.

Last edited by Easyrider on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Yeah I have been looking and I think I can put together an adapter that will be able to clamp on the oem pipe and have a standard slip on on the other. Should allow me to get a good name brand muffler for under $100. I want to make sure I can return it to stock if I ever sell it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:03 am

After all you've accomplished with the scoot I don't know why you don't just weld on a coulpe of tabs, or small nuts, on the header pipe to accept the mount springs for a crock-rocket muffler.

However, IMHO, given that a CVT doesn't "shift", switching the muffler to a free-flow system is going to end up sounding pretty much like fart can.

Then, of course once you've relieved all that back pressure, the engine will be running pretty lean and you'll be needing a Power Commander to correct for that lean burn.

Tim
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:58 am

Kenny can you modify the OEM muffler by removing some of the baffles or drilling a few holes in them to get the sound you are looking for?
Back to top Go down
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 am

I'm sure I could but I really don't want to modify the stock muffler. I'm guessing the primary demographic for big scoots probably wouldn't appreciate a hacked muffler.

Plus modification doesn't really address the weight or heat concerns.

Ive ordered some builder bits a am just going to weld up an adapter.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Sure that makes sense. My solution was to swap the OEM for the Leo Vince 4Road. It cost a bit, but I like the sound and added hp.
Back to top Go down
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Yeah I get that for sure. I just don't have a lot of money into mine and can't justify the expense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Muffler Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muffler Options   Muffler Options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muffler Options
Page 1 of 1