Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Lunch in Paris

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

Lunch in Paris Empty
PostSubject: Lunch in Paris   Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 9:14 am

Paris, Texas, that is.  Had some leave to burn up before the end of the year so took a daytrip last week.

First time road trip on the Silver Wing.  Leaving from outside Dallas, the ride was 219 miles total, which was about 200 miles longer than any other ride I've taken on it, sadly.  Still haven't hit 1000 miles and I've owned it for about 14 months. Sad

Anyway, I was very pleased how the bike rode at highway speeds.  Felt stable and secure, and it was nice to have the extra assurance of ABS.  Even the stock windshield provided adequate protection without much turbulence.  Only issue I had was a stiff crosswind on a couple of legs of the trip--enough that the wind would catch my helmet and try to twist it on my neck.  

Chose to ride to Paris to see a new ham radio store that opened there.  Resisted getting a new radio but did buy a study book to upgrade my license.  Asked the folks for a lunch recommendation and they told me to go here: [how do you include photos in the text??]

Had smoked brisket that was so tender it fell off the fork along with baked potato casserole and Southern-style green beans.  Yum.  Was so hungry I cleaned the plate before remembering to take a picture.  

After lunch, I went to see the museum in the town's train station.  Paris is a sleepy place nowadays, but back in the day it was a major railroad junction for North Texas, with 5 railroads converging on the town.  Two of the railroads--Frisco and Santa Fe--built this imposing union station.  Unfortunately, the museum was closed but I took a picture of the outside.

Headed home before I'd hit rush hour traffic near Dallas.  A fun day, and it was good to get a few miles on the bike--finally!
Attachments
Lunch in Paris Attachmentexterior.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(172 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
Lunch in Paris Attachmentstation.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(175 Kb) Downloaded 13 times

Last edited by Bash On! on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Lunch in Paris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch in Paris   Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 9:59 am

Nice, I'm looking forward to doing the Texas BBQ thing with Mrs M early next year. I've got a few places on my list and apart from what's round the Dallas/Fort Worth area, Lockhart seems to be the place to go. I'd like to try brisket of course, and a short beef rib from Blacks BBQ which I think would be more than enough for me.

But I'm also wanting to try one of those monster corned beef or pastrami sandwiches from Katz Deli in New York. If only to see if they can do a sandwich as good as the salt beef sandwich I can get in Ira B's in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

Lunch in Paris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch in Paris   Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 3:21 pm

While you're here, be sure to try a country ham sandwich (which is properly served on a flaky buttermilk biscuit). Country ham is salt-cured for a couple months, then hickory-smoked for up to a year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lunch in Paris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch in Paris   Lunch in Paris I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch in Paris
Page 1 of 1