Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Silverwings
by Cosmic_Jumper Today at 05:46

» Hello from Japan
by biker Today at 00:40

» Do you eat Euopean pork sausages, please read
by biker Yesterday at 23:05

» What does ABS mean
by biker Yesterday at 22:58

» Tight skirt
by cliffyk Yesterday at 22:45

» Silverwing Service Manual PDF
by lloyd193 Yesterday at 19:31

» Pulled over at 2am.
by Reg Yesterday at 19:26

» Butt rest adjustment
by Jinglebob Yesterday at 13:03

» Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska
by "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 12:45

» 25g Dr Pulley sliders fitted.
by bill tucker Yesterday at 06:23

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 aux location

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EAGLEWINGS 10
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 15
Location : South Jersey
Points : 383
Registration date : 2016-08-24

PostSubject: aux location   Thu 22 Sep 2016, 22:13

I was under the impression that the 2009 Wing had a power aux port.....Where could it possibly be located??? Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2269
Age : 74
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 5614
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Thu 22 Sep 2016, 23:03

Nope. No power outlet in US models. However the is a blanked hole in the left cubby where you can add an outlet. Of course you'll also have to wire it up to the battery or a switched power source.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 140
Age : 48
Location : Chicago Suburbs
Points : 909
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Thu 22 Sep 2016, 23:11

I believe the non-USA models have one but the US models do not.  Location for port in left glove box. Many threads on installing one, just search for "power port" or similar.  One that gives instructions on how to do without removing tupperware plastics. I wired one in to the Silverwing I had but I removed the panels for easier routing of wires.

http://www.silverwing600.com/t8665-power-outlet-ended-up-removing-the-tuperware?highlight=power+port

Some just hardware a power port under the seat directly to the battery, easiest to do, but depends on what you want to use it for.  Underseat port not as good for running phone, GPS, etc off of handlebars but OK for charging phone, etc.

EAGLEWINGS 10 wrote:
I was under the impression that the 2009 Wing had a power aux port.....Where could it possibly be located??? Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1192
Age : 64
Location : Wickenburg, AZ
Points : 3226
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Fri 23 Sep 2016, 08:42

bicyclenut wrote:
I believe the non-USA models have one but the US models do not.  Location for port in left glove box. Many threads on installing one, just search for "power port" or similar.  One that gives instructions on how to do without removing tupperware plastics. I wired one in to the Silverwing I had but I removed the panels for easier routing of wires.

http://www.silverwing600.com/t8665-power-outlet-ended-up-removing-the-tuperware?highlight=power+port

Some just hardware a power port under the seat directly to the battery, easiest to do, but depends on what you want to use it for.  Underseat port not as good for running phone, GPS, etc off of handlebars but OK for charging phone, etc.

EAGLEWINGS 10 wrote:
I was under the impression that the 2009 Wing had a power aux port.....Where could it possibly be located??? Question Question Question Question

I had Honda install the one in the cubby BEFORE I bought my 2012 and added one under the seat as well. The one in cubby is switched the one under seat is not. That way I can leave phone or camera et al under the seat to charge when I am stopped for a meal or such.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2786
Age : 67
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 6460
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Fri 23 Sep 2016, 12:54

Thought I'd jump in here. When a bought this used Swing and got it home, I installed three DC outlets.

One in the provided mounting hole in the left glove box.

One water proof unit under the mounted leather center glove box.

One more water proof, short body, non-switched, Honda unit on the left wall just above the battery compartment under the seat. This arrangement works for me. This was the tricky install because of all the relays in this location and the amount of room for the length factor of the unit. I needed to take the left rear cover off to make the judgment call of this location. pirat
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 371
Age : 67
Location : HI
Points : 1014
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Fri 23 Sep 2016, 15:12

DennisB wrote:
Thought I'd jump in here. When a bought this used Swing and got it home, I installed three DC outlets.

One in the provided mounting hole in the left glove box.

One water proof unit under the mounted leather center glove box.

One more water proof, short body, non-switched, Honda unit on the left wall just above the battery compartment under the seat. This arrangement works for me. This was the tricky install because of all the relays in this location and the amount of room for the length factor of the unit. I needed to take the left rear cover off to make the judgment call of this location. pirat

Dennis, what/where " leather center glove box."?



Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2786
Age : 67
Location : NE Oklahoma
Points : 6460
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Fri 23 Sep 2016, 16:11

Had to go back 8 years to find this information post...Here it is.

http://www.silverwing600.com/t81-handy-storage-spot-for-silverwing
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 371
Age : 67
Location : HI
Points : 1014
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: aux location   Sat 24 Sep 2016, 05:55

Thanks Dennis for the info.
Back to top Go down
 
aux location
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Battery / ECU location
» Cooling fan relay location?
» O2 Sensor location
» Diamonds in Australia. PDF LOCATION MAP.
» Motor mount location

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: