Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the home for Honda SilverWing and everyone interested. This is a place to ask questions, share, and learn about the SilverWing and its dedicated riders. Please post an introduction when you join as a sign of Courtesy.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sad Day today
by bikehiker Today at 09:24

» Recommended Tires
by lloyd193 Today at 09:03

» Trailer Hitch For SilverWing Scooter
by The Bern Today at 06:10

» Wanted: Oil drain plug
by cliffyk Yesterday at 17:43

» Hard to find a career
by "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 16:58

» A hillbilly goes hunting
by "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 16:51

» Silver Wing Colors
by Mike from NS Yesterday at 07:28

» Oil Leak at Oil Filter?
by oldwingguy Sun 10 Dec 2017, 16:06

» very low mileage engine and trans
by siataukreg Tue 05 Dec 2017, 18:04

» Masks on SW 2001 600cc
by siataukreg Tue 05 Dec 2017, 17:55

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leena Hallasmaa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Wed 21 Sep 2016, 14:17

The close up of this season is coming nearer every day, so it´s better to use every day when it´s not raining or blowing too hard. I had a good reason to test my new Rukka Queen Goretex gloves. The topic was to visit places that have caused either good or bad emotional reactions to people some day.

Pictures:
1. Windmills near Vaasa. I don´t like the idea of windmills for these reasons: they spoil the landscapes, are dangerous for birds and are very expensive for the taxpayers due to the support tariffs.

2. Old church of Kyrö, build in the 1300-century. It was here where the Cudgel War in 1856 began, when the peasants killed a king´s tax collector. The leaders of the revolt were beheaded in the courtyard of the church. The nro uno was called Jaakko Ilkka.

3. The same church by the river side.

4. The Napue Gin was awarded the first prize by the International Wine and Spirit Competition. This building used to be a dairy, but now it´s a distillery.

5. An old Finnish farmhouse, this type is very typical to my home region in western Finland. This building is located in Ilmajoki (in english Airriver Smile ), where Jaakko Ilkka used to live.

6. The monument of the man himself.

7. Near my hometown Vaasa is located a locality Laihia. There are loads of jokes about the stinginess of it´s inhabitants. This is the museum of that personality trait.

8. The building belonging to the museum.

9. The feeling after touring with my new gloves  queen  !
Attachments
IMG_1911.jpg
1. Windmills near Vaasa. I don´t like the idea of windmills for these reasons: they spoil the landscapes, are dangerous for birds and are very expensive for the taxpayers due to the support tariffs.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(14 Kb) Downloaded 16 times
IMG_1912.jpg
2. Old church of Kyrö, build in the 1300-century. It was here where the Cudgel War in 1856 began, when the peasants killed a king´s tax collector. The leaders of the revolt were beheaded in the courtyard of the church. The nro uno was called Ja
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(15 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Back to top Go down
Leena Hallasmaa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Wed 21 Sep 2016, 15:03

More pictures:  Go to my Facebook, please. There are some public files from my trips to Norway. (I have problems attaching the pictures even after converting the files).
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.   Wed 21 Sep 2016, 18:05

At your suggestion, I looked up your Facebook page. Very nice photos. Clearly, you are a scooter enthusiast. I must admit my Finnish is non-existant so I couldn't read the captions, but the photos were great. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Touring in historical landscapes of western Finland 21.9.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1