Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
short screen I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
short screen I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
short screen I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
short screen I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
short screen I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
short screen I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
short screen I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
short screen I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
short screen I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
short screen I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

short screen

Go down 
+6
exavid
Meldrew
terrier
Flyingpanman
MikeO
steve_h80
10 posters
AuthorMessage
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

short screen Empty
PostSubject: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 4:05 pm

does anyone know of any short screens for the sw? I've just tried a ride without the screen and nice though it was up to about 45mph, after that it became uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 4:12 pm

http://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/honda/silverwing-600-shields/

It's amazing what can be found on Google. Wink
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 5:47 pm

On ebay there are some German Sports screens, but I would go with the MRA screen - shorter than stock but adjustable spoiler...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MRA-Honda-FJS600-A-Silver-Wing-1-01-onward-Vario-Touring-Motorcycle-Screen-/222190464284?hash=item33bb956d1c:g:2FYAAOSwtnpXjJvZ
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Steve.......If you really need a short screen why not just get a Givi/Kappa Airflow and remove the top section. Then if you don't like it just put the top section back on again. Best of both worlds Idea

Den
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Buying an Airflow just to ride round with the bottom section isn't much fun, believe me. I've had two top sections fly off at speed, ( the first one hit my helmet). You go instantly from riding in quiet comfort to a maelstrom of turbulence, wind chill, noise that's loud enough to damage your hearing, and a helmet, visor, and clothing splattered with dead insects.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Before going for a short screen try riding with one in the rain on a freeway. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 2:31 am

I've found some sports screens on e bay, might give one a go. I appreciate it will be no good in the rain but I can easily switch back to when the weather chages again. Not decided yet :-)
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:17 am

Just cut stock screen to height, as it is useless in standard form
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 12:14 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Just cut stock screen to height, as it is useless in standard form

I agree with John. Just cut it with a jig saw and use a sanding block to round the edges. Good to go. About 45 minutes of work. What is your time worth?

The stock shield is worth nothing, so perhaps it might become something, but doing what John suggests, the risk is nothing.

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 2:36 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
I've found some sports screens on e bay, might give one a go. I appreciate it will be no good in the rain but I can easily switch back to when the weather chages again. Not decided yet :-)

Sometimes the weather changes when you least expect it and are away from home. You would not be able to change it then. The GIVI AF214 would allow you to adjust the screen to the weather conditions.
Back to top Go down
hondos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2017-03-11

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 12:09 pm

I have the Madstad Engineering Windshield System, On one of my Silverwings. It is Height adjustable, at a stop light, And you can also adjust the tilt Angle, as well as spacing between the mount and shield, It is also very quickly removable with four screws by hand (no tools needed).

I have come to a stop light and adjusted height, or tilt angle, or both, or spacing between mount and shield. You can Remove the shield in less than 2 minutes, Probably less than 1 minute if your Not taking it easy.

I have been out riding, and it starts to rain, I pull over, raise the windshield to it highest adjustment level, lock it back, that takes maybe 20 seconds if you are in No hurry.

The Noise Level is MUCH quieter, it reduces the wind Noise, and smoothes out the wind buffeting.

I set the angle adjustment at 55 degrees to 60 degrees, then ride to feel where the wind buffeting starts to hit the top of your helmet (by moving slowly up my helmet to feel where Buffeting/turbulance starts) one hand and where it hits the helmet, then make an adjustment on angle and height until wind buffeting just clears the top of your helmet and is very smooth, then its adjusted correctly.

I then mark the bracket with a silver sharpie for tilt and height so I can get back to my smoothest adjustments fast, so if I drop the shield all the way down, I can very quickly get back to the most comfortable adjustment.

I have a Madstad windshield on my Suzuki Burgman 650 also.

I like having all that adjustment, and being able to remove the shield without removing any Plastic body panels off of the bike, you cant do that with the stock shield.

The Positive Pressure Madstad Windshield system makes a big difference to me. Most all Including the stock shield are Negative pressure windshields. Negative pressure can either push you back or push you forward.

But Positive does Neither, they are self venting, It doesn't push you back or forward, and so Less wind noise at 55mph.

I have thought about buying a piece of 3/16" thick Plastic from Home depot and use a paper template over my original shield, so I can make a little shorter summer shield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

short screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: short screen   short screen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

short screen
Page 1 of 1