Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Please help to decide
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Hello from NY
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Yesterday at 5:57 pm

» New member from Canada
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby rustysdream Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Not Cold Enough
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 11:05 am

» WANTED: Used Corbin Seat for 2009 Honda Silverwing
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 10:33 am

» LIGHTS OFF
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby LECHETTAN Yesterday at 9:50 am

» left signal turn
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:22 am

» New Honda Adventure Scooter
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:39 pm

» Installed a C.L.M. lock on Swing.
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 am

» Greetings from southern Oregon
Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:52 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Members are getting PM's for requests !!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Members are getting PM's for requests !!! Empty
PostSubject: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi,

I have been notified that members are getting PM's that are requesting password resets or other things. I'm sorry you are getting these and some members have reported them to me. I have been looking into this the last day or so but so far I have no idea why this is happening. I will keep working on it though and I'm very sorry you are being bothered with these PM's.

Please just delete them if you would and don't bother with them. I hope that all members are not getting these and I'm sorry that some are. But I will get back to all of you when I figure this out.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverwing600.com
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi Jeff,
Here is one more with pertinent info:

Maybe the email and phone number will ring a bell with someone...
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Dick,

Thanks for the heads up but I had to delete most of the info since it was personal info.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 2:58 am

Sorry 'bout that Jeff... shoulda' known better.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 3315
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 am

Of course you'll only get PM's if you allow it in your Preferences. I set mine to no PM's a few years ago, I've had weirdoinseattle and one or two others messaging me. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 11:52 am

Well, I don't mind PM's; it's just that there was evidently a "wrinkle" in the system this time. Befuddled me because of its contents. Believe JeffR's got a handle on it by now.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Members are getting PM's for requests !!!   Members are getting PM's for requests !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 11:35 am

Hi,

I think I might have found what might be causing it. It could be 2 things. The first is that you should set your profile to not allow "Allow members to contact me by e-mail" & "Allow visitor messages on my profile ". You will want to have it on "NO". I also made the "Darkside Tire" section available to all and removed the 'moderator' status for those in it. It seems a few who are reporting getting PM's seemed to also be a member of that section. Since we aren't having the heated discussions about Darkside tires I thought I would open it up and remove the 'moderator' status.

So please go into your "Profile" (in the top toolbar) and then go to "Preferences" and look for the 2 things above in this post. If you do this, and keep getting PM's, please come back and tell us moderators. This may be a problem that requires us to narrow down the 'kind' of members who are getting them.
Back to top Go down

Members are getting PM's for requests !!!
Page 1 of 1