Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Trip to Southeastern Ohio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dencart2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dencart2

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-05-19

Trip to Southeastern Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Really great ride on my third weekend, June 15 & 16, of owning my Silverwing.

Received my M endorsement on July 1st after taking the MSF Basic Riders course June 28 and 29. I took the trip when I just had my temps. Probably should have taken the course first, but I guess no harm, no foul.

Went to Glouster, Ohio but got there too late to explore. Overnighted in Athens (no motels in Glouster).

Saturday morning rode Highway 78 from Glouster to McConnelsville. Really good road and pleasant ride. Lots of places where the edge of the road is a very sharp drop off to certain mayhem.

Then took 78 back to Ohio 536 and headed south to Hannibal. You know you are in for a good ride when the first sign on the road is a sign indicating no trucks with trailers (see attachments). Passed one other motorcycle rider and had one car get behind me. Really fun twist and up and down and all around. Only 10 miles long but really fun.

Did not have time to do the Ohio 555 (Triple Nickel), but I will return for that.

Anyone have any suggestions for a early riding enthusiast a few hours from southwest Ohio?
Back to top Go down
http://denniscarter.net/Trips
dencart2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dencart2

PostSubject: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Really great ride on my third weekend, June 15 & 16, of owning my Silverwing.

Received my M endorsement on July 1st after taking the MSF Basic Riders course June 28 and 29. I took the trip when I just had my temps. Probably should have taken the course first, but I guess no harm, no foul.

Went to Glouster, Ohio but got there too late to explore. Overnighted in Athens (no motels in Glouster).

Saturday morning rode Highway 78 from Glouster to McConnelsville. Really good road and pleasant ride. Lots of places where the edge of the road is a very sharp drop off to certain mayhem.

Then took 78 back to Ohio 536 and headed south to Hannibal. You know you are in for a good ride when the first sign on the road is a sign indicating no trucks with trailers
Trip to Southeastern Ohio 536-Road-Sign
Passed one other motorcycle rider and had one car get behind me. Really fun twist and up and down and all around. Only 10 miles long but really fun.
Trip to Southeastern Ohio WV-from-Ohio

Did not have time to do the Ohio 555 (Triple Nickel), but I will return for that.

Anyone have any suggestions for a early riding enthusiast a few hours from southwest Ohio?
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Almost any road in the Hocking Hills, from pleasant stream side routes to upndown roundnround Smile Rt.s 56, 374, 664, 278, 327, 180 then there's Snortin Ridge at Revenge to Jack Run to 180, the Clear Creek metro park ride, the Salt Creek Narrows not to mention the Thompson Ridge rd, ( little BRP ) SmileSmile. Getting to ride now with my son and his friend. Oh besides the 555 try 93.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Trip to Southeastern Ohio 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Now that looks like a fun ride, but how did you arrange no traffic? cheers
Back to top Go down
dencart2
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dencart2

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm

oldwingguy wrote:
Almost any road in the Hocking Hills, from pleasant stream side routes to upndown roundnround Smile Rt.s 56, 374, 664, 278, 327, 180 then there's Snortin Ridge at Revenge to Jack Run to 180, the Clear Creek metro park ride, the Salt Creek Narrows not to mention the Thompson Ridge rd, ( little BRP ) SmileSmile. Getting to ride now with my son and his friend. Oh besides the 555 try 93.
Thanks for the suggestions. You are so right about the Hocking Hills area. I went through there when I was coming back from the ride above. Congrats on getting to enjoy riding with your son and friend.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi Yo wrote:

Now that looks like a fun ride, but how did you arrange no traffic?     cheers

Living here I do try to avoid the weekends, Tue, Wed, Thur. work best and today's ride while fun reminded me why Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trip to Southeastern Ohio   Trip to Southeastern Ohio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trip to Southeastern Ohio
Page 1 of 1