Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi TB19 & SR19 Install

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chazman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-05-07

Givi TB19 & SR19 Install Empty
PostSubject: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi,
I don't have the backrest yet, but I have a '13 Swing and am prepping to install both a Givi TB19 backrest and an SR19 Monokey top case mounting bracket. Since I know Givi only sends cryptic pictogram instructions, I'm thinking there will be some confusion as to how these both go on the bike. I have confirmed that they are compatible, I'm just wondering if one of you kind experts will share some of your wisdom so I don't have to rip everything apart after realizing I put it all together upside down and backwards.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also, I'm wondering if anyone has any wisdom to offer in routing the brake light kit wiring from the Givi top case to the brake light wiring on the bike.

Last edited by chazman on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:38 pm

I do have a couple of tail/brake/running light connector plug n' play harness adapters available. Fits the 6P wire harness plug at the left rear. Similar to DennisB's Perfect Connector. Same OEM Hitachi wire harness plugs, same wiring color codes, and the same 20 ga wiring as Honda's. PM me if interested

Do an Archive search for Perfect Connector for a photo.

Tim

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:16 am

My advice is to sit and look at the diagrams well before you use them (the day before, perhaps). You'll mull them over in your mind and they'll become clearer.

When fitting the metal bits, put the two mounts for the rack flush on the spoiler with the back rest on top.
Put the four bolts up from underneath so the nuts tighten up on the metal bits you are fitting.

As I said elsewhere, it is relatively easy to get a flat spanner on the nuts which are now on top while it is impossible to get an Allen key on the bolt heads if they are on top when the plastic rack is in place. You need to wait before tightening then as all eight bolts may need wriggling to get them all lined up. So, don't tighten any of the bolts until they are all in place with the nuts, spacers and washers in place.

It isn't a very good explanation but if you drop in the bolts through the seat back and rack mountings first so the nuts are under the spoiler, you'll see what I mean!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:34 am

This is where I threaded the cable through for my light-bar. If you used the same route be careful not to trap the wire when you tighten the bolt - there is room.

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-MikeO/Admore-Mini-Light-Bar-4-pic_709.htm

Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 am

To wire the givi stop light , under the seat open the access panel the colour coded wires are easily access there using a service manual to identify the 2 wires
Back to top Go down
chazman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:19 am

Mike,
Thanks for the great info... ride on.

MikeO wrote:
My advice is to sit and look at the diagrams well before you use them (the day before, perhaps). You'll mull them over in your mind and they'll become clearer.

When fitting the metal bits, put the two mounts for the rack flush on the spoiler with the back rest on top.
Put the four bolts up from underneath so the nuts tighten up on the metal bits you are fitting.

As I said elsewhere, it is relatively easy to get a flat spanner on the nuts which are now on top while it is impossible to get an Allen key on the bolt heads if they are on top when the plastic rack is in place. You need to wait before tightening then as all eight bolts may need wriggling to get them all lined up. So, don't tighten any of the bolts until they are all in place with the nuts, spacers and washers in place.

It isn't a very good explanation but if you drop in the bolts through the seat back and rack mountings first so the nuts are under the spoiler, you'll see what I mean!
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 8:32 am

Tim's (Cosmic_Jumper) light connector, plug-n-play, makes wiring in any additional brake lights, turn signals a piece of cake without cutting into the OEM Honda wiring. The time it saves and how easy it makes this, is well worth the price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi TB19 & SR19 Install   Givi TB19 & SR19 Install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi TB19 & SR19 Install
Page 1 of 1