Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Recommended Tires

Go down 
+17
The Bern
Meldrew
bikehiker
Flyingpanman
cotetoi
Sidewinder Pilot
lloyd193
Dale N.
Jolly Bodger
Easyrider
steve_h80
Cosmic_Jumper
SlvrwngTraveler
Greysilver
john grinsel
MikeO
DerrillW
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

Recommended Tires - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Recommended tires are Bridgestone Hoop.  What if anything does the "Hoop" designator mean? All tires are basically hoops.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 2:45 pm

The Bern wrote:
lloyd193 wrote:
The Bern wrote:
cotetoi wrote:
 Could be a warped rotor too. I think a careful inspection of the rear end is in order.

Best bet yet I reckon, it has got to be smothing with a direct relationship to the worn area, deffo NOT anything to do with bouncing/shock absorber setting as that would be random position of the wheel when landing.
If there is nothing wrong with the brake rotor, then I would be contacting the tyre manufacturer to see if any similar complaints have been noted regarding compound failure from that batch

This is more meaningless drivel, I have explained that this problem was caused by a not balanced tire assembly. There is no mechanical problem with this bike, Check those shocks. I publish only useful professional information from a 65 year experienced rider and professional scooter mechanic, Tool and Die Maker and Master Machinist Not from some inexperienced kid.

Just because my opinion differs from yours does not automatically mke it wrong or meaningless
drivel, what's more I honestly do not give a flying ferk how many tyres you have fitted or what qualifications you have, they do not automatically make yours the only opinion that matters.

I do not publish opinions, Only factual information.

Lloyd 193.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Bodger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 pm

I'm getting bored with this.

Lloyd - you can only give your "opinion" on this (albeit with years of experience). You can only give "factual information" if you actually work on that particular scoot and find the real problem.

I've worked many years in engineering, worked and repaired all sorts of vehicles. I would never be so arrogant as to assume I knew what the problem was without first inspecting the scooter properly and even then it may need a strip down to check before the true nature of the problem is discovered.

The constant sniping and bitching is bringing this site down. It seems everyones opinion is the ONLY possible answer.

JB
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 4:11 am

Isn't bitching and sniping all part of the game on forums, just like it is in everyday life, and what pisses one person off is like water off a ducks back to another. Or using negative and negativity, buzz words often used to label someone with a differing view or opinion to theirs.

It doesn't help that there's this current trend of hanging new posts on old topics that died the death years earlier. Or starting new topics asking about what a quick look in the Owners Handbook would answer on the most basic of things like tyre pressures, rear shock settings, even how to start a Silver Wing.

As for tyres, what you choose are up to you alone, a bit of online research gives you the options which are now more than the Bridgestone and IRC's recommended by Honda back in 2000, and of course tyre technology has moved on a lot since then.

One riders positive opinions of Pirelli, Michelin, Metzeler, Dunlop, Metzelers etc on the roads in their part of the world are probably different to another rider who's bought the same ones. Throw in the variables like road surfaces, and the way they ride, and if they're only out in this 'riding season'. Then there's tyre pressures another thing that members can't agree on, and that's before you open that can of worms on the use of car tyres.
Back to top Go down
v23nb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 am

Wonderful. You get told off for adding to old posts but if you start a new one you get told off because you didn’t search the archives! I’ve quickly realised this forum needs to die (or at least some of the regular contributors do).

Last edited by v23nb on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 am

You mean the same regular contibutors that advised you against using Loctite on the clamps of your brand new still with the labels on Airflow?   Smile

Back to top Go down
v23nb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 9:43 am

I see your ego still needs stroking! The rest of us can form our own opinions.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 am

You're still sulking so I'll trouble you no more.

Goodbye bloke from near Brighton, and have a nice day as regular contributors from the USA might say.
Back to top Go down
v23nb
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 am

Amazing arrogance. This forum is closed to anyone else with attitudes like that around. Hence my post a few posts above.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 am

Time for everyone to chill out. I've sent PM's regarding this schoolyard dustup. Consider yourselves forewarned.

Tim
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am

Attack the post, not the poster has been posted several times.
Giving reasons for it does not justify it.

Next is the search function being a bit wonky causing many new members a fit of frustration.
Many new members are purchasing used bikes without manuals, yet are degraded for coming here to search. Using Google site search results in better information for me. But, learning the quirks of this boards only takes a while IF used regularly.

The point of continuing this thread is valid, contrary to the above post. It is a fact that manufacturing changes over time. Recalls/defects occur within certain time periods on occasion. Ceasing the discussion in the thread would assume there can never be a change in the future that affects quality and recommendations. Questioning a recommendation after a period of time can validate the recommendation as still valid should the inquirer accept the onslaught of escalating insults. Reasoning that lacking a previous response would indicate no change is an error due to several not willing to be the focus of the insults until someone else is brave enough to initiate a post.

Regular contributor argument is invalid. I'm a low contributor due to the fact most of what I know or am learning has previously been posted. Also, having knowledge of something someone posts does not invalidate it as others that do not have the knowledge may glean useful information or support from it. This forum is about support as well as useful applicable knowledge.

Edit: I was typing while you posted. This was 2 minutes after you. Delete if you think unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 6:52 pm

willajabir,
I totally agree with you. 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Tires   Recommended Tires - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended Tires
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2